Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-11-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOltheLions? View Post
Heres a fun fact, Michigan State has more wins in the Big House than Rich Rod does against BIG TEN opponents. LOL
Not true. Were you so desperate in your attempt to troll that you decided to make things up?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks alot PL. I use the ignore feature and then you quote the guy.

It's funny actually, almost my enitre ignore list is made up of MSU fans. Weird.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Thanks alot PL. I use the ignore feature and then you quote the guy.

It's funny actually, almost my enitre ignore list is made up of MSU fans. Weird.........
!!!!! I had no idea I could ignore people!
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I don't use it much, but there are times it comes in handy.........

Quote:

Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Not true. Were you so desperate in your attempt to troll that you decided to make things up?
you know what..you're right. Rodriguez has 3 wins against Big Ten opponents in the Big House, and Dantonio has 2 wins in the Big House. My bad :)

LOL

And this isn't trolling you virgin. This is a rivalry. Im a MSU grad and i hate Michigan with every inch of my body. And how sweet it is for "little brother" to spank that ass 3 years straight. That should get a few more top Michigan recruits on our side. Thank you Rich Rod.
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

This is an excellent blogpost from Genuinely Sarcastic. I'm sure the MGoblog crowd will flip out, especially since Brian linked to it, but I think you'd have to be a blind RR fluffer to disagree with just about anything he says here.

http://genuinelysarcastic.blogspot.c...usionment.html

Quote:

Old 10-16-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Would anyone really be upset if we just fired Rodriguez now instead of after the season? Yea we'd lose some recruits, but so what? The guys that were going to come to Michigan regardless will stay, and the other ones will leave anyway when RR is (hopefully) fired at the end of the season.

Quote:

Old 10-16-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the game today and it was nothing but sloppy play in the first half. Our defense looked good at first and Kenny Demens was doing pretty good, but the things just went downhill very quickly. If Michigan would have put in the effort in the first half that they did in the second half, then we might have won that game. But I am leaning towards firing RichRod now and trying as hard as we can to get Jim Harbough. If this happens, history will be beginning to repeat itself. What I mean by that is back in the 60s when we had Bump Elliot we were a pretty sub par team for the most part. Then Michigan got Bo Schembechler to replace Elliot after he resigned. Jim Harbough could be our next Schembechler. He was also coached under Bo at Michigan and I love the attitude he has how he just likes to crush the teams he hates. I said I would give RichRod three years and right now he is on his third year and it seems like nothing has really improved since the past year.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

The sad thing is, the only reason that game was as close as it was is Iowa went into old school mode and played prevent defense and ultra conservative offense from about halfway through the third quarter on.

Michigan has only beaten two teams who finished with a winning record during RichRod's tenure at Michigan, and that was a 7-6 Wisconsin team and 7-6 Minnesota team, both during the 2008 season.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 10-16-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I was at the game today and it was nothing but sloppy play in the first half. Our defense looked good at first and Kenny Demens was doing pretty good, but the things just went downhill very quickly. If Michigan would have put in the effort in the first half that they did in the second half, then we might have won that game. But I am leaning towards firing RichRod now and trying as hard as we can to get Jim Harbough. If this happens, history will be beginning to repeat itself. What I mean by that is back in the 60s when we had Bump Elliot we were a pretty sub par team for the most part. Then Michigan got Bo Schembechler to replace Elliot after he resigned. Jim Harbough could be our next Schembechler. He was also coached under Bo at Michigan and I love the attitude he has how he just likes to crush the teams he hates. I said I would give RichRod three years and right now he is on his third year and it seems like nothing has really improved since the past year.
Don't be silly, Rich Rodriguez is our Bo Schembechler. Don't you read MGoBlog or Go Blue Wolverine?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we lose the rest of the games so we can fire RichRod.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Don't be silly, Rich Rodriguez is our Bo Schembechler. Don't you read MGoBlog or Go Blue Wolverine?
LOL, Yeah the guys over there are some of the biggest kool aid drinkers I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I will support Michigan no matter what, but I can't blindly defend a coaching staff.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-18-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so hypothetically speaking, if Rod is fired, whose on your guys's shortlist? Jim Harbaugh is probably an obvious answer, but here's a top 5 list I thought of guys I'd take.

1.Harbaugh
2.Greg Schiano
3.Brady Hoke (Michigan ties)
4.Kevin Sumlin (Midwest ties)
5.Randy Edsall
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

I personally want Jim Harbaugh and nobody else. However if we can't get Harbough, then I think we are in trouble. Because this program doesn't look as attractive to coaches as it did three years ago.

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 10-18-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I personally want Jim Harbough and nobody else. However if we can't get Harbough, then I think we are in trouble. Because this program doesn't look as attractive to coaches as it did three years ago.
I dunno man. I'm not going to try and overrate the players, but there is some young talent on Michigan on both sides of the ball.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I personally want Jim Harbough and nobody else. However if we can't get Harbough, then I think we are in trouble. Because this program doesn't look as attractive to coaches as it did three years ago.
The appeal of the NFL is too strong for Jim Harbough to ignore in my opinion, and if he has any desire to go to the NFL in the near future he will probably turn down the Michigan job out of respect for the university.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

He could go to the NFL and he might be good there. But there is a risk associated with transitioning from college to the NFL. You have to wonder if he will take that risk. But I think it might be too hard for him to pass up what some college coaches would call a dream job.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-19-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He could go to the NFL and he might be good there. But there is a risk associated with transitioning from college to the NFL. You have to wonder if he will take that risk. But I think it might be too hard for him to pass up what some college coaches would call a dream job.
Harbaugh was the first name that came to my mind. He could be a good NFL coach too, so I could see that being the draw but hasn't he turned down some NFL jobs already?

But yeah... whoever is the next coach, it would be nice to them make Michigan a "Michigan Football" team again as opposed to using the spread. I just always enjoyed watching Michigan run a pro-style offense, relishing in the fact that they were building up NFL players. I feel like now we are building up punt returners and wild cats on top of losing to teams we used to beat on a yearly basis.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

My list pretty much only consists of Jim Harbaugh. I don't know who I'd want if he turned down the job for whatever reason. I guess the second guy I would call is Kirk Ferentz, even if he'd turn the job down again. It's worth a shot, right? I wouldn't mind interviewing Kevin Sumlin, to see where that goes. Mark Richt might be available. The Dawgs have seriously underachieved these past two years but his overall resume stacks up pretty good. As much as I've soured on him, Les Miles would still be an upgrade; he'd be farther down my list though.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have a feeling that Michigan will somehow squeak out a win against a massively depleted Penn State team and a massively depleted Purdue team, leaving as at 7-5 and, unfortunately, saving RR's job. The Mgo crowd will be predicting a 10+ win season in 2011.

We'll then go like 6-6 or 7-5 against an easy schedule, and Rod will be fired. Harbaugh will have already been hired by someone else, and we'll have to settle for Brady Hoke or something.

Whoever the new coach is will have to come in 2012 against an extremely difficult schedule (@Alabama, @ Nebraska, @ Ohio State) have a mediocre record, and the Mgo crowd will by crying about how we should have kept Rodriguez, because he would have won a National Championship.

I will then go on a massive rant there which will cause me to be banned, and I will finally be at peace.

Quote:

Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have a feeling that Michigan will somehow squeak out a win against a massively depleted Penn State team and a massively depleted Purdue team, leaving as at 7-5 and, unfortunately, saving RR's job. The Mgo crowd will be predicting a 10+ win season in 2011.

We'll then go like 6-6 or 7-5 against an easy schedule, and Rod will be fired. Harbaugh will have already been hired by someone else, and we'll have to settle for Brady Hoke or something.

Whoever the new coach is will have to come in 2012 against an extremely difficult schedule (@Alabama, @ Nebraska, @ Ohio State) have a mediocre record, and the Mgo crowd will by crying about how we should have kept Rodriguez, because he would have won a National Championship.

I will then go on a massive rant there which will cause me to be banned, and I will finally be at peace.
well if it makes you feel any better, word is that David Brandon is taking notes on the season and even if he doesnt fire Rod, he will DEMAND changes to the coaching staff and how Rod runs the program (ie staying away from the defense)
Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
well if it makes you feel any better, word is that David Brandon is taking notes on the season and even if he doesnt fire Rod, he will DEMAND changes to the coaching staff and how Rod runs the program (ie staying away from the defense)
That sounds good if it is true. It just seems like RichRod is too stubborn to cut ties with some of his position coaches. I hope David Brandon forces him to get rid of Tony Gibson at the end of the season.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 10-22-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be at the Penn State/Michigan game in my Halloween costume. So if you see a chicken in the stands that is me.

Go State.

End transmission.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

This. Is. Pathetic.

But Rod just needs more time, right?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think an after the game press conference firing would be terrific.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote