Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

WOW 75-45 what a beatdown of Tennessee today, thought we could win but never thought by 30.....

Onward to Duke...
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was about to post something similiar. Congratulations to the team. Simply a dominant performance. When you have two of your top three players on the bench for almost the entire first half and still come out up by four, you're doing something right. Tennessee pretty clearly gave up with about ten minutes left in that game, but that was still one of the best performances out of this team all year. I really don't even like basketball, but I love this group of kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we play that well next week, we're going to win. With that said, I really doubt we shoot that well two games in a row. The thing about Beilein's system is that if everyone is shooting well then we can beat anyone. However, if everyone is struggling we won't be anyone.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited for next year. Everyone is coming back and our Big Ten competitors are all seemingly losing a lot.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Vinopal has left the team and is heading back to Youngstown. Best of luck to the kid
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
Ray Vinopal has left the team and is heading back to Youngstown. Best of luck to the kid
You should probably point out that it's for family reasons, and supposedly not anything to do with not wanting to be at Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

MI OL Ben Braden becomes Michigan's first 2012 commit!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not to throw too much out there but some notes from spring ball.

1.Denard is adapting to Borges's offense better than anybody ever hoped.

2.The coaches are all saying that this group of players is the most willing to learn and be coached.

3.New DB Coach Mallory is really intense, and people are saying the improvement the young DBs (Cullen Christian in particular) have made under him is very noticeable.

4.William Campbell is working as a starting DT, and looking really good.

Now for something I wanted to go a little more in depth in, is the attitude of the coaches. Everybody who has observed practices say that they are much more intense than any the last 3 years have been, AND the vibe is just better. The notes made are that while there is still a lot of yelling, it is done more in a motivational way and not out of anger (not that Rod and his staff didn't use motivation). This staff does a lot more teaching in technique than Rod and his staff ever did.

I know everybody loves the Borges and Mattison hires, but I'm falling in love with the assistants. Listen to the Funk, Wellman, Ferrigno, and Hecklinski interviews. I have no doubt Rod's staff was thrilled to be at Michigan, but these guys just sound different in the approach they've taken, and I like it.

The vibe coming from Ann Arbor is different.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...inks_corn.html

Ouch.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure, every bodies hopes are running sky high, but the reality is that our offense was built to suit a different style and the adjustment will take time and a few recruiting classes to put the new offense into play.
I think the defense will be a lot better, it cannot get any worse, but here too, we will need a few recruiting classes to make the transition to a new system.
If it happens overnight, I'll be shocked but pleased but I'm not expecting that to happen. When you switch HC's who play different styles, the transition won't be easy at all, that is the price you pay for the mistake in hiring Rodriquez and then trying to go to a different scheme. It is going to take time.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-fo...is-2012-class/

SUCK IT OHIO.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Hoke is a lost Belushi brother.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These nonconversions from the 1 yard line are killing me.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
These nonconversions from the 1 yard line are killing me.
I miss the Lloyd Carr era.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The great thing is that 3-4 years from now Michigan will be the best team in the nation by far. Dominant oline, dline, linebacker, and secondary recruits for next year and then we're adding QB and RBs in 2013. Just hope that the world doesn't end in 2012.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-12-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
The great thing is that 3-4 years from now Michigan will be the best team in the nation by far. Dominant oline, dline, linebacker, and secondary recruits for next year and then we're adding QB and RBs in 2013. Just hope that the world doesn't end in 2012.
That might be a stretch to say they'll be that good. None of them have played a down yet out of high school.

Shane Morris looked pathetic in De La Salle's loss yesterday. I don't get all the hype around him.

I saw James Ross, Orchard Lake St. Mary's linebacker, who committed to UM in person again today. He was good on defense. Also scored his first career touchdown when he lined up at tight end today. He'll be a good one.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

With an incoming oline of:

Kyle Kalis 4 stars top 25 overall
Eric Magnuson 4 stars top 50 overall
Blake Bars 4 stars, Ben Braden 3 stars and Caleb Stacy 3 stars helping fill it out.

They'll have Justice Hayes off of a redshirt year and then if they can add a Ty Isaac or Wyatt Shallman then they'll just be abusing teams. Throw in a fully developed Devin Gardner and they are set.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Shallman has been hurt a lot this year at Catholic Central, but I saw him twice last season and he was an absolute beast running the ball.

I'll be very curious to see what position Mario Ojemudia plays in college. He's a high school DT, but has no where near the necessary size to play it in college.

I expect very little Devin Funchess, despite him being such a highly-regarded TE. He failed to do anything of note every time I've seen Harrison the past two years.

(If you were wondering, I cover high school football in Metro Detroit for a newspaper, so I've seen some of these guys in person.)

Last edited by Xiomera : 11-12-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Talk about the perfect guy for an internet forum about recruiting.

I like Shane Morris because it sounds like Zach Morris or Chuck Norris.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-12-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I haven't seen Morris in person, but his team got blanked last night. Every box score that comes my way for De La Salle when they're playing a decent team is never impressive.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I haven't seen Morris in person, but his team got blanked last night. Every box score that comes my way for De La Salle when they're playing a decent team is never impressive.
Thats because their offense outside of Shane Morris sucks. It sounds like his receivers constantly drop balls, which obviously makes Morris look bad on the stat sheet. Morris did make a couple bad throws last night but most of those happened when he had a defender breathing down his neck.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Fair enough. Like I said, haven't seen him in person. Just don't think he's a slam dunk recruit.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One player you should keep an eye on in the next few years is Jayru Campbell, he is pretty impressive for a freshman.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

PSU and OSU problems are going to be a benefit for us it seems. I hope we can get back to the point we start every year top-10.

UoM was a great place to get Pro talent from the 1990s to a few years back. Not quite Da U but ..... Hoke is getting it done on the field and I am proud he is there. I feel great about the program once again.

So are we top 5 for 2012??
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoke has done some amazing things with almost the same guys who played under RichRod. Beating OSU and winning a BCS Bowl is quite impressive for his first year. Congrats!!!!!