Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-01-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Thanks, but we don't deserve pity. We suck
Trust me, I follow the Gophers. I know suckiness.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have already asked my employer to schedule me to work Saturday mornings and afternoons so I won't have an excuse to put myself through any more of this agony.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I have already asked my employer to schedule me to work Saturday mornings and afternoons so I won't have an excuse to put myself through any more of this agony.
Yeah, there's no reason to watch anymore.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When will UoM finally fire Lloyd?

I graduated in '95 and this guy has been losing big games without fail.

Now he loses to DivII
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
When will UoM finally fire Lloyd?

I graduated in '95 and this guy has been losing big games without fail.

Now he loses to DivII
They'll fire him discreetly and announce it as his retiring.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
They'll fire him discreetly and announce it as his retiring.

I just don't how a school with such great academics could put up with such a dimwit for a Head Coach.

I would assume UoM could find the next Bill Walsh -- not some Barry Switzer buffoon who only wins when he has 10 Day 1 draft picks playing.

Lloyd is just plain stupid and is there because he is JAWG who is michigan nice.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll wait to see how he does this year. As unlikely as it sounds right now, we still have a realistic shot of finishing the season 10-2 or 9-3. I think if he beats Ohio State, he buys himself another year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
They'll wait to see how he does this year. As unlikely as it sounds right now, we still have a realistic shot of finishing the season 10-2 or 9-3. I think if he beats Ohio State, he buys himself another year.
Another year of Lloyd mediocrity. He is just dumb as a box of rocks.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does he want another year with guys like Crable, Henne, Hart, Long, (probably) Manningham, Arrington etc... leaving? Actually, he probably does considering they're 0-3 vs. O-State and lost to Appy
Old 09-01-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Well ol Lloyd & the Wolverines just ruined my weekend and Saturdays the rest of the fall. I simply went to bed after the game ended to try and avoid me breaking everything in my house.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am no longer a Michigan fan thank god, but Fire Lloyd Carr.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it has always been said that it is better to lose at the beginning of the season, rather then the end. i dont know how much of this is true in this circumstance but....
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
it has always been said that it is better to lose at the beginning of the season, rather then the end. i dont know how much of this is true in this circumstance but....
That is true. Just look back to last year had you played OSU earlier instead of the last game of the season you might have been in the title game. In this situation though it doesn't matter where this loss would have come. Michigan now has NO chance of getting to the championship, the best you can hope for is winning the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres View Post
exactly... if they go 10-1 and really beat up on every team they face is a top 5 finish likely?
After this game it is now impossible for any Michigan player to win the Heisman, and mostl ikely this team could win out and still not be in the top 5 at the least.

I want to know where Michigan will be ranked now???
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
After this game it is now impossible for any Michigan player to win the Heisman, and mostl ikely this team could win out and still not be in the top 5 at the least.

It's not impossible for Heisman. Hart could still win it, he still had a great game yesterday though losing does hurt a bit. Top 5 is also possible but not very likely.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Michigan SHOULD be Unranked now..
Old 09-02-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Michigan SHOULD be Unranked now..
I hope we don't get a single top 25 vote. We suck
Old 09-02-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Can anyone who was able to watch the game tell me.. What players especially played bad?? Who looked good besides Mike Hart?? How did Jake Long do?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

**** this. We lost, let's move on. Michigan is still my goddamn team. Yes, it was the biggest upset ever and yes it was embarrassing. But last I checked there are still 11 games left to do something about it. We play some damn good teams this season, let's worry about that.

Duckseason or anybody else who knows much about Oregon, what can we expect from Oregon? I know about Stewart, but he seems to be underutilized. The defense looked very weak, especially the run D. What is everyone expecting?
Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
**** this. We lost, let's move on. Michigan is still my goddamn team. Yes, it was the biggest upset ever and yes it was embarrassing. But last I checked there are still 11 games left to do something about it. We play some damn good teams this season, let's worry about that.

Duckseason or anybody else who knows much about Oregon, what can we expect from Oregon? I know about Stewart, but he seems to be underutilized. The defense looked very weak, especially the run D. What is everyone expecting?
Duckseason doesnt know much about anything ;)
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, year after year I keep getting my hopes up that this is the year that Carr doesn't **** over Michigan. Every year I think that this will be the year that he doesn't choke away a game that he should. There is absolutely zero excuse for having your team as unprepared, unmotivated, and not focused as the team that Carr put out on the field yesterday. I don't care if they were playing a pee-wee team. You cannot let your team not show up at all in the entire first half and half-ass it in the second half. The team was obviously looking past Appalachian State yesterday expecting a win, and that falls entirely on the coach. There is no team in college football, including the LSU's and USC's of the world, that you should let outscore you 21-3 in one quarter. Just pathetic coaching. Why did he feel the need to go for those two point conversions? The first one would've tied the game, but it was the 3rd quarter. They still had plenty of time and should've taken the PAT. If that happened, they wouldn't have needed to attempt that second two point conversion.

As much as I like him, Ron English isn't to go without blame. I give him credit for really getting his defense together and clamping down in the 2nd half. However, I expected much more out of him. You can't let your defense play that bad in the 1st half. If Carr gets fired this year, I think Ron English goes as well. I really don't see him being ready to be the next Head Coach and whoever we bring in will likely want to bring in their own staff.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

As much as I like him, Ron English isn't to go without blame. I give him credit for really getting his defense together and clamping down in the 2nd half. However, I expected much more out of him. You can't let your defense play that bad in the 1st half. If Carr gets fired this year, I think Ron English goes as well. I really don't see him being ready to be the next Head Coach and whoever we bring in will likely want to bring in their own staff.
Still, the talent just isn't there with some of the positions (CB, CB, CB, S, MLB)
Old 09-02-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
You know, year after year I keep getting my hopes up that this is the year that Carr doesn't **** over Michigan. Every year I think that this will be the year that he doesn't choke away a game that he should. There is absolutely zero excuse for having your team as unprepared, unmotivated, and not focused as the team that Carr put out on the field yesterday. I don't care if they were playing a pee-wee team. You cannot let your team not show up at all in the entire first half and half-ass it in the second half. The team was obviously looking past Appalachian State yesterday expecting a win, and that falls entirely on the coach. There is no team in college football, including the LSU's and USC's of the world, that you should let outscore you 21-3 in one quarter. Just pathetic coaching. Why did he feel the need to go for those two point conversions? The first one would've tied the game, but it was the 3rd quarter. They still had plenty of time and should've taken the PAT. If that happened, they wouldn't have needed to attempt that second two point conversion.

The problem in the Athletic Program at Michigan is that is pays very nicely to be a nice guy who is UoM guy. Lloyd is a nice guy.

The Academics, who are his boss, don't really care about much as long as the money comes in to pay for all the Female Field Hockey and Aquatic Gymnastics baloney.

Michigan, with a driven AD and Coach, would easily be a Top 5 program year in and out. Ann Arbor is a great recruiting tool but at the end of the day great players want to go to a program that gets them NFL ready.

When you have dumb Lloyd losing big games and routinely taking top end talent and not developing them .... well you get Div II App State on a PERFECT Ann Arbor day.

My god, Lloyd Carr is just after birth as a coach. He needs to move on. Just wish one of the Academics up top would figure out More Championship = More Money for Wacky Liberal Programs.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Thoughts on possible Head Coaches if Lloyd Carr steps down at the end of the season.

Les Miles - This is the most widely speculated replacement of them all. Miles got into trouble not too long ago for publicly stating that Michigan is his dream job. Michigan is Miles' alma mater and he had two stints there as an assistant coach. Miles was a Michigan assistant from 1980-1982 and again from 1987-1995. Miles has recruited real well since becoming the Head Coach of LSU. In 2006 he had the 7th best recruiting class and in 2007 he pulled in the 4th best class. He's 23-4 in two plus years at LSU and 28-21 in four years at Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State was 13-20 in the three years before Miles became the Head Coach.

Ron English - This is probably the favorite among Michigan fans. In 2006 gone were the boring vanilla defenses of Jim Hermann and Ron English took over as Defensive Coordinator after spending three seasons as the Secondary Coach. In just his first season as the Defensive Coordinator of Michigan English put out one of the best defenses in the nation. In 2006 Michigan was ranked 1st against the run, 10th in total defense, 15th in scoring defense and the unit also finished 4th in sacks and 7th in first down percentage. Previously before coming to Michigan English spent five seasons coaching the secondary at Arizona State.

Mike Trgovac - Here is a legit possibility in my opinion that no one seems to talk about. Trgovac, the Defensive Coordinator of the Carolina Panthers, has been discussed in NFL circles a possible candidate for a job as a NFL Head Coach. Trgovac is a Michigan alum and was an All-American lineman at U-M. Trogovac has been the Defensive Coordinator for the Panther for 5 years now. In the span, the Panthers have had one of the best defenses in the NFL. Over the five seasons they rank 5th in total yards allowed and 9th in rushing yards allowed. His coaching resume is not too shabby either. He was a graduate assistant at Michigan from 1984-1985. He also coached at Ball State, Navy, Colorado State, and was Lou Holtz's assistant coach at Notre Dame from 1992-1994. He has been in the NFL for the past 12 years.

Jim Harbaugh - Most Michigan fans know him as one of the top five quarterbacks to play at Michigan. Harbaugh played in the NFL for 14 seasons before retiring. He spent time with the Bears, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, and Panthers. After retiring, Harbaugh was an assistant coach with the Oakland Raiders for two years were he served as the offensive assistant coach and the quarterbacks coach. In 2004 Harbaugh took over as the Head Coach at San Diego State. In three seasons he went 7-4, 11-1, and 11-1 for a combined record of 29-6. After starting the 2004 season off 2-4, Harbaugh won 27 of the next 29 games he coached. Harbaugh is currently the Head Coach for Stanford University.

Cam Cameron - While it is very, very unlikely that Cameron would leave the Miami Dolphins after one year, he would be an intriguing option for Michigan. Cameron spent the first ten years of his career as an assistant coach at Michigan. As the quarterbacks and wide receivers coach at Michigan Cameron produced many NFL talents such as Jim Harbaugh, Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Amani Toomer, and Desmond Howard. Cameron spent two years as the quarterbacks coach of the Washington Redskins before being named Head Coach of Indiana University in 1997. He spent five years at Indiana where he compiled a record of only 18-37. From 2002-2006 Cameron was one of the NFL's best Offensive Coordinators with the San Diego Chargers. Cameron helped develop Drew Brees, Philp Rivers, and Antonio Gates. As previously stated, he took over as the Miami Dolphins Head Coach this year.

Brady Hoke - This former Michigan assistant coach is in his fifth season as Head Coach of Ball State. Hoke started his college coaching career in 1983 when he was the defensive line coach at Grand Valley State. After the 1983 season he spent the next five seasons at Western Michigan and Toledo. In 1989 he took over as the defensive line coach at Oregon State where he stayed for six seasons. In 1996 he came to U-M to coach the defensive ends. His tenure at Michigan lasted eight years before taking the Ball State job.

Scot Loeffler - None other than the quarterbacks coach of Michigan. Loeffler is currently in his sixth year at Michigan. Loeffler also played QB at U-M, although he never started a game. In his first five seasons, Michigan quarterbacks have a 4:1 TD:INT ratio and have thrown at least 20 TD in each season. Chad Henne became the first Michigan QB to throw for 20 TD in three seasons. As a graduate assistant coach at Michigan he helped coach Brian Griese, Drew Henson, and Tom Brady.

Brian Kelly - Another guy who is very unlikely to leave his current job after just one season. This season is Kelly's first as the Head Coach for the University of Cincinnati. While Kelly doesn't have any ties to the University of Michigan, he has strong ties to the state. He took over as the Head Coach for Grand Valley State after being promoted from Defensive Coordinator. In 13 seasons as Grand Valley's Head Coach Kelly went 118-35-2. In his final three seasons at Grand Valley he finished 41-2 which included a 20 game win streak and two Division II Championships. In 2004 Kelly made the jump to Division 1-A when he took over as the Head Coach for Central Michigan. In three years he went 19-16 and won the MAC Championship in 2006. Before Kelly got to CMU, the Chips were 12-34 the previous four season and had only one season with more than three wins.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PL I can't give you rep right now, but very nice write up.