Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Xio, let's talk trade.. I have some OF to trade
Depends who you want . . .
Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scutaro probably
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I don't think it is. Especially considering I raised this issue long before the draft.
Doesn't matter. You weren't persistent enough to get it changed before hand. So don't be persistent now that you've realized your mistake. I strategized specifically to NOT overload on RPs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Doesn't matter. You weren't persistent enough to get it changed before hand. So don't be persistent now that you've realized your mistake. I strategized specifically to NOT overload on RPs.
It most certainly isn't a mistake. Look at the point totals those closers got. I paid less for them than similar caliber SP's who scored in the same range.

That has nothing to do with why I'm arguing for an adjustment. You don't think there's gonna be SP streaming in this league? When has there ever been a league without an innings cap?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Scutaro probably
Send me a proposal if you want. I am going to bed now.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you were very timely anytime a Rangers player was put up for bid. So I dunno about that excuse. You paid high for them too. I know you won't admit to it, but I think you thought I was going to overbid you. ;)

The only one I really wanted was Feliz... bastard.
Get over yourself. :)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It most certainly isn't a mistake. Look at the point totals those closers got. I paid less for them than similar caliber SP's who scored in the same range.

That has nothing to do with why I'm arguing for an adjustment. You don't think there's gonna be SP streaming in this league? When has there ever been a league without an innings cap?
Even so, the change wasn't made before the draft, so now it's moot to even discuss. It would've changed the entire draft process.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Get over yourself. :)
That would be no fun. :D
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Even so, the change wasn't made before the draft, so now it's moot to even discuss. It would've changed the entire draft process.
I don't see how it changes anything.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't see how it changes anything.
I would've used more of my money on RPs... Obviously.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For whatever reason the player acquisition system reverted back to waiver style and I can't change it now that we've had the draft. Seems rather stupid that I can't, but I can't.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm also reversing all roster moves done after the draft and putting a lock on it. The whole point of having an early draft and forcing people to make a decision on minor league prospects in advance of spring training was add the element of risk to it. Adding a guys a week before the season begins when you have a better idea is cheating the system.

Sorry for the confusion, don't bother bitching.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-06-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, we're going with the waiver system then? Or can we use the FAAB system through the forums?

Also, any update on the minor league draft?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was wondering why people we able to pick up FA's I thought maybe the FAAB system didn't start until the regular season started.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We could use the FAAB system through the forum, I honestly didn't think about that. Do others have thoughts?

25 man rosters are set on April 4th or 5th, correct? I thought we would start shortly thereafter. Also, you can draft a major league player in the minor league draft (so, for example, if yo really wants Nick Blackburn he can add him) you just have to immediately promote him to your roster.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Wait. What's the deal going on here? Are we allowed to add/drop players as long as they aren't minor leaguers or something? I thought we were holding off entirely until we complete the minor league draft.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We are. If anyone has added anyone I'll change it prior to the ML draft.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Does anyone know when final rosters are set? I've changed back all roster moves since the draft.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Does anyone know when final rosters are set? I've changed back all roster moves since the draft.
I would venture a few days before opening day?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think that's correct, I think it's actually the day before opening day, but I wasn't sure.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I think that's correct, I think it's actually the day before opening day, but I wasn't sure.
I would venture every team would want to have it set at least 2-3 days before the season starts, though.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

MLB.com says April 4th, which is opening night. We'll start the minor league draft that weekend on April 2nd, then. If there are people still waiting on roster decisions they can wait, I won't start the clock until the 4th.

NOTE: I'm sure I'll say this again, but you can draft a major league player to your minor league roster (Jon Rauch is available, for instance). You must immediately call him up and drop someone else, however, just as you would if one of your minor league players is called up.

I will start a minor league thread on the 2nd.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Looks like I might be the first victim of my own rule if Feliz gets sent down.

At least nobody can complain to me that it's unfair.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Hughes for 11 bucks looks pretty good right now. I like it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Default SWDC AL-Only Minor League Thread

Here is a seperate thread for our minor league rosters and for the draft. I will post all of your 4-man minor league rosters below. All changes must be announced in this thread, and I will update your rosters accordingly.

Charm City
1) Jesus Montero, C, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (AAA-New York Yankees)
2) Mike Trout, OF, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (A+ Los Angeles Angels)
3) Josh Bell, 3B, Norfolk Tides (AAA- Baltimore Orioles)
4) Michae Pineda, P, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)

HChu
1) Hank Conger, Salt Lake City Bees (AAA- Los Angeles Angels)
2) Casey Kelly, P, Portland SeaDogs (AA-Boston Red Sox)
3) Tanner Scheppers, P, Oklahoma City RedHawks (AAA-Texas Rangers)
4) Matt Moore, P, Charlotte Stone Crabs (A+ Tampa Bay Rays)

BF51's Akron Alchoholics
1) Desmond Jennings, OF, Durham Bulls (AAA-Tampa Bay Rays)
2) Martin Perez, P, Frisco RoughRiders (AA-Texas Rangers)
3) Miguel Sano, 3B, GCL Twins (Rookie League- Minnesota Twins)
4) Mike Moustakas, 3B, Omaha Royals (AAA-Kansas City Royals)

djp
1) Justin Smoak, 1B, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)
2) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Akron Aeros (AA-Cleveland Indians)
3) Mike Montgomery, P, NW Arkansas Naturals (AA-Kansas City Royals)
4) Eric Hosmer, 1B, Wilmington Blue Rocks (A+-Kansas City Royals)

tjunstein
1) Dustin Ackley, 1B/OF, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)
2) Kyle Drabek, P, New Hampshire Fisher Cats (AA-Toronto Blue Jays)
3) Michael Brantley, OF, Columbus Clippers (AAA- Cleveland Indians)
4) VACANT

D-Unit
1) Jeremy Hellickson, P, Durham Bulls (AAA-Tampa Bay Rays)
2) Daniel Hudson, P, Charolette Knights (AAA- Chicago White Sox)
3) Casey Crosby, P, Lakeland Flying Tigers (A+-Detroit Tigers)
4) VACANT

Brodeur
1) Chris Carter, 1B, Sacramento River Cats (AAA-Oakland Athletics)
2) Nolan Reimold, OF, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
3) Aaron Crow, P, Northwest Arkansas Naturals (AA-Kansas City Royals)
4) Wilmer Font, P, Bakersfield Blaze (A+ Texas Rangers)

Scotty
1) VACANT
2) Aaron Hicks, OF, Beloit Snappers (A-Minnesota Twins)
3) Jason Knapp, P, Lake County Captains (A-Cleveland Indians)
4) Mark Melancon, P, Scranton Yankees (AAA-New York Yankees)

yo123
1) Zach Britton, P, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
2) Michael Taylor, OF, Sacramento River Cats (AAA-Oakland Athletics)
3) Kyle Gibson, P, New Britain Rock Cats (AA-Minnesota Twins)
4) Grant Green, SS, Stockon Ports (A+- Oakland Athletics)

Xio
1) Jacob Turner, P, Lakeland Flying Tigers (A+ Detroit Tigers)
2) J.B. Arencibia, C, Las Vegas 51's (AAA- Toronto Blue Jays)
3) Tyler Flowers, C, Charolette Knights (AAA-Chicago White Sox)
4) Ryan Strieby, OF, Toledo MudHens (AAA- Detroit Tigers)

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 08-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.