Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
With all the talk about Miami and FSU, the SEC somehow getting Texas A&M would be monstrously huge. My dream scenario is getting Texas A&M, TCU to add to the West, and Miami(FL), Florida St. to add to the East. TCU would provide the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and TAMU is the 2nd biggest Texas school (Houston area? I think College Station is like an hour and a half away, give or take), so both would provide the viewership and SEC foothold in Texas for recruiting. The U and FSU would pretty much seal up Florida. Although football in Texas will always be dominated by the Longhorns, and if Texas joins a Pac 10/Big 12 super conference, it could be hard for recruits to turn down playing in possibly the sexiest conference in the country for their idol school.

Either way, TAMU should make out well. Plus, we'd get Brent posting in here, which is just as good if you think about it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am surprised the SEC hasn't made a push to bring in Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State along with Texas A&M.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I am surprised the SEC hasn't made a push to bring in Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State along with Texas A&M.
They know it'd be in vain. Those schools (Texas in paticular) don't want to be associated with the low academic ratings the SEC carries.

Once the Big-10 gets raided, I expect the the SEC and ACC to pick off and dismantle the Big East.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word about the SEC going after any other schools yet?

Florida St? UWVA? I think they're prime targets.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so just read that OKLA says SEC is showing interest in them and they will follow Tejas.

damn **** is getttin real.
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione confirmed to the Tulsa World that the SEC has shown interests, but that OU will follow Texas.

SEC will probably start courting Texas hard now.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
They know it'd be in vain. Those schools (Texas in paticular) don't want to be associated with the low academic ratings the SEC carries.

Once the Big-10 gets raided, I expect the the SEC and ACC to pick off and dismantle the Big East.
These people really need to get off their high horse. Money and sports are both more important than academics to them.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so hearing Oklahoma to the SEC West in 2012 is going to happen real soon.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i heard the only way theyre coming is if they bring a partner to keep it even.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
These people really need to get off their high horse. Money and sports are both more important than academics to them.
Depends what conference they are talking about... there are schools such as West Virginia that are not even up for consideration because of their academics.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gene Stallings is on the TAMU Board of Regents & has been the leading voice advocating a move into the SEC West.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ream-come-true

Stallings was among the TAMU players who survived Bear Bryant's grueling Junction Boys offseason conditioning program in 1954 & is a former Alabama & TAMU HC who won the previous Crimson Tide national championship in 1992 so he has a solid SEC orientation. As the article indicates LSU played Texas A&M almost annually for ~50 yrs.

Geographically it would make for cheaper away game travel & regional recruiting expenses for TAMU than a move to the Pac 10 where the Aggies would have to travel over 1,000 mi. round trip for a game at Seattle, the Oregon schools or Spokane & Washington St.

All eyes are on the Texas schools now & everything is pending.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Gene Stallings is on the TAMU Board of Regents & has been the leading voice advocating a move into the SEC West.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ream-come-true

Stallings was among the TAMU players who survived Bear Bryant's grueling Junction Boys offseason conditioning program in 1954 & is a former Alabama & TAMU HC who won the previous Crimson Tide national championship in 1992 so he has a solid SEC orientation. As the article indicates LSU played Texas A&M almost annually for ~50 yrs.

Geographically it would make for cheaper away game travel & regional recruiting expenses for TAMU than a move to the Pac 10 where the Aggies would have to travel over 1,000 mi. round trip for a game at Seattle, the Oregon schools or Spokane & Washington St.

All eyes are on the Texas schools now & everything is pending.
Isn't the governor of Texas an Aggie alumnus? I hear he's pushing hard for TAMU to stick with Texas, which would mean going to the Pac 10. I say we assassinate him...

...with letters stongly encouraging him to support A&M joining the SEC.

My biggest question is whether they'll just add a twofer, or go after 4 and make it a 16 school conference. If they do add 4, I'd very much be interested in Mizzou or Kansas, assuming they don't go to the Big 10. Mizzou, geographically, fits just fine as the state border Arkansas, Kentucky, and I believe a small point of Tennessee. KU is basically for basketball I guess, but seeing as how they're being left out in the cold, it's really showing the sports priorities in sports and proving that football is the #1 cash cow. Schools with dominant basketball traditions and meh football programs aren't a priority.

Nevertheless, TAMU and FSU should be the top realistic targets for the SEC. I'll be disappointed with anything less (and I'm preparing myself for the letdown).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Nevertheless, TAMU and FSU should be the top realistic targets for the SEC. I'll be disappointed with anything less (and I'm preparing myself for the letdown).
I think yes on TAMU & no on Fla. St. TAMU & Texas want to stay rivals & say they're joined at the hip but really want to go 2 different ways, TAMU to the SEC & Texas to the Pac 10 & the West Coast the major mkt. megabucks.

They could end up staying put in the new Big 11, or 12 if they poach TCU from the Mtn. West. Everything depends on what Oklahoma does, if they stay or go to the Pac 10 I think the Texas will follow -- the Texas-Oklahoma rivalry is worth more gazillions to Texas in terms of TV revenue than the annual Thanksgiving game with traditional rival TAMU.

Last edited by LizardState : 06-15-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I think yes on TAMU & no on Fla. St. TAMU & Texas want to stay rivals & say they're joined at the hip but really want to go 2 different ways, TAMU to the SEC & Texas to the Pac 10 & the West Coast the major mkt. megabucks.

They could end up staying put in the new Big 11, or 12 if they poach TCU from the Mtn. West. Everything depends on what Oklahoma does, if they stay or go to the Pac 10 I think the Texas will follow.
They aren't joined at the hip. They just want to make sure that whichever way they go, they continue playing every year. They don't need to be in the same conference to do that.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
i heard the only way theyre coming is if they bring a partner to keep it even.
If Oklahoma wants a partner then they would have one in Texas A&M if they join as well.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-20-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is me being super bored (and a bitter auburn fan) about the 2009 iron bowl.

on the last drive for alabama, at 1:01 it was 3rd and 3. bama does some crossing routes and look at the terrible PI on #15 going from left to right.

then at 1:10 look at the tight end just run right at the linebacker and start to block him almost. that was also 3rd and 5.

i know i know, this is over but i thought id educate y'all on this. and i cant wait for the season to start so auburn can go undefeated and win the NC :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

Quote:
this is me being super bored (and a bitter auburn fan) about the 2009 iron bowl.

on the last drive for alabama, at 1:01 it was 3rd and 3. bama does some crossing routes and look at the terrible PI on #15 going from left to right.

then at 1:10 look at the tight end just run right at the linebacker and start to block him almost. that was also 3rd and 5.

i know i know, this is over but i thought id educate y'all on this. and i cant wait for the season to start so auburn can go undefeated and win the NC :)
and this is me being a bitter LSU fan. i know our offense couldn't do **** but this pissed me off so much. oh and PP pwns SEC WR's. Especially Julio.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

yeah that play was garbage.. sec refs ftw.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

SEC refs were an abomination last year. Hopefully with a more pedestrian looking league going into next season, calls will be more fair and not go towards the heavy weights like 'Bama and Florida.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

amen to that.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

neat video on malzahns offense.

season seriously needs to come, im getting so bored.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Nabbed this from a Vols forum:

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Nabbed this from a Vols forum:

saban, meyer, and dooley are all pretty good.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
saban, meyer, and dooley are all pretty good.
except for the fact that Saban is smiling.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

steve spurrier pretty hilarious.

RIP, Sean Taylor.