Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.
Default The worst case scenario Mock.

1. St. Louis Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2. Detroit Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4. Washington Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma
5. Kansas City Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
6. Seattle Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
7. Cleveland Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
8. Oakland Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
9. Buffalo Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
10. Jacksonville Joe Haden, CB, Florida
11. Denver Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
12. Miami Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
13. San Francisco Earl Thomas, DB, Texas
14. Seattle CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
15. New York Giants Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
16. Tennessee Maurkice Pouncey, OC/G, Florida
17. San Francisco Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

Leaving us with nobody.

Like was mentioned in the Official thread. We need some of these players below to get drafted before 18:

Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
Dan Williams, NT, Tennesse
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
Jason Pierre Paul, DE, USF
Taylor Mays, S, USC
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd

i'd still be okay with kyle wilson at 18, but are you attempting to make me cry??? :( cause its working the more i look at your 1-17 mock :( :( :(

Sig By BoneKrusher
BJJ3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Spoon there. He's gonna be a good player.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Steel34
Rookie

Steel34 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good to throw that out there just to give a curveball and have some people that are fixated on 1 player to give other thoughts.

My top choices for 18 are the 4 OT's, Pouncey, Iupati, Haden and McClain. They'd all be gone in your scenario.

I think Wilson, Spoon, Williams, Odrick and Campbell would all be solid choices for us. I also think the guy to watch out for in that scenario is Rodger Saffold. If 6 OL are gone in the first 17 then the next couple will go earlier than expected. Saffold can play almost every OL position and start at 1 of them by Year 2.

My top choice from that group would be Campbell, and not just because I watched Army of Darkness yesterda. I just believe a lot of Campbell's question marks would have been answered or improved had he stayed one more year, so you can get a guy at 18, redshirt him, and have a top 10 pick next year (We are 18, though...I liked this theory better last year had we taken Britton as late as we selected).

All in all, that's the 'worst case scenario' and I still would like at least 5 guys out there.
Steel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Worst case: Trade Holmes for a 5th that will have about a 25% chance at making the team.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
Worst case: Trade Holmes for a 5th that will have about a 25% chance at making the team.
That's not funny. :(

But it's true.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBlane View Post
25%? You are optimistic my friend for a 5th rounder.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote