Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Curtis in Philly tonight

What do you guys think? You want him or not? Could you use him?

Also, if you guys signed him would he start?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he's better than nobody, so I guess i would want him. He could be our 2 or 3

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only want him if Donte is gone for sure, which it pretty much is at this point. I hope we spend the money wisely though, because I still want a shot at Hamlin. I want Donte over either of them though, but that is for another thread.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
he's better than nobody, so I guess i would want him. He could be our 2 or 3
That is what I think as well.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't start for us, I'd much rather see good ole' Greg Lewis starting then Curtis. Kevin is a slot receiver and not much more than that. I'd love him for the slot but if he's starting I'd be very mad
Old 03-09-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like Curtis he is pretty good, He does give us that down the field speed

CAMPUS AGILITY TESTS
4.32 in the 40-yard dash … 375-pound bench press … 440-pound squat … 310-pound power clean … 36½-inch vertical jump … 10-foot broad jump … 31-inch arm length … 9½-inch hands … Right-handed.

COMBINE AGILITY TESTS
ARM HAND TEST 40 20 10 VJ BJ SHUTTLE CONE
30 3/8 9 3/8 48 4.44 2.59 1.53 36 10-2 3.99 6.76
Old 03-09-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Curtis is a good fit for the slot. The Eagles already have two slot guys in Lewis and Avant, who arent going anywhere. Curtis has speed but didnt go deep very often. At this point I'd take Brown, Baskett, Avant over Brown, Curtis, one of the three.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

If we sign Curtis, he would battle with Baskett for #2 receiver. I don't know who would win, buy whoever loses will be #3 (of course) and will still produce. The Eagles technically don't have #1 or #2 receivers, but that is how I would see it IMO.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be very happy with Curtis if there is absolutely no chance of signing Stallworth
Old 03-10-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

^^^Thats exactly how I feel.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I WANT HIM, I was about to start a thread talking about this.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we sign Curtis, do you think he'll be a starter or in the slot? He seems to fit the slot very well but he is probably more talented than all our recievers with the exception of Reggie Brown up to this point.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

He could be either, but in our offense I see him as our #2 receiver. He was the slot guy in St. Louis, but he was behind two very good receivers in Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce. He will be our #2 reciever in my mind but I don't think we will offer him a long term deal, maybe one or two years.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
mikesmdone

Curtis could be a number 1 for the Eagles, I think a lot of you underestimate him because he was a slot in St. Louis due to playing behind Holt and Bruce. He can play and he has good speed and can spread the D. There's not doubt he's at least the #2 for the Eagles, and to say he'd have to battle to be the #3 is ridiculous.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea i alwways used to steal Curtis for my fantas teams. He has the caliber and skill and SPEED to be #1 in my opinion. Hes like a white Stallworth.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I think he would have to battle really hard to get the #1 spot. It doesn't really matter though, because the Eagles don't really have a true #1 receiver when Donovan is QB anyway. He likes to spread the ball and finds th open receiver. It doesn't matter who it is, if there open, they get the ball.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis will not be the #1. Reggie Brown will be. It doesn't really matter that much anyway because I doubt there will be much of a difference between receptions between our #1 and #2 this season. ^^It's not because Donovan is qb, if we get a great WR Donovan gives them the football quite a bit. Donovan only spreads it when he doesn't have the #1, it's not the other way around. When TO was on the team in 2004 before he got injured he had more receptions than the rest of the team combined.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Curtis will not be the #1. Reggie Brown will be. It doesn't really matter that much anyway because I doubt there will be much of a difference between receptions between our #1 and #2 this season. ^^It's not because Donovan is qb, if we get a great WR Donovan gives them the football quite a bit. Donovan only spreads it when he doesn't have the #1, it's not the other way around. When TO was on the team in 2004 before he got injured he had more receptions than the rest of the team combined.
I know what you're getting at here and I can agree with you to an extent. But we all know that a lot of htose throws were to keep TO happy, which didn't seem to work anyway.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Curtis is looking more like a reality since he wanted to sign with Detroit but they signed his teammate McDonald, so i think us getting Curtis is pretty good
Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I sure hope so. And maybe if we get Donovan and/or Kearse to restrucrure contracts we could go after a good Safety as well, or make some smaller signings likt DT or RB.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

yeah i think Kearse needs to take a paycut instead of restructure, so we can get a extra DT, though not that many good S or Rb out there, Hamlin is a FS, i like him but would be too expenisve there is Mike Doss,

there still is cory dillion for rb i like him hope hes not asking for too much
Old 03-15-2007, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah i think Kearse needs to take a paycut instead of restructure, so we can get a extra DT, though not that many good S or Rb out there, Hamlin is a FS, i like him but would be too expenisve there is Mike Doss,

there still is cory dillion for rb i like him hope hes not asking for too much
Hamlin did play FS in Seattle, but he is more suited to be a SS because he is better in run coverage than pass coverage. I don't want to start another argument about this, just please take my word on in. With how little attention he has gotten, he could come cheaper than most of us are expecting.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Default Kevin Curtis an Eagle

Just saw on ESPN that the Eagles signed Kevin Curtis to a six year deal. What do you think? I like the signing, and will tell some more once I find our more info.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i like the signing, but in the back of my mind i was hopeing for a 1st round draft pick ie: Sidney Rice Robert Meachem

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm jealous. Curtis is a vastly underrated WR with fantastic hands and top gear speed. His hard work ethic and has the ability to return kicks should quickly make him a fan favorite.
Your current WR core of R. Brown / Basket / Avant is very solid indeed.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote