Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's 6 years, $32 million, $9.5 million guaranteed, as reported by NFL.com. Apparently the Titans and Vikings might have offered him more, but he chose us in the end:) I do agree with you some jbrodo, I kind of would have liked to see Meachem drafted by us IMO, but this takes care of that. Also they said Ron Dayne visited us today, though I don't know if I'd be fond of signing him even if he's come around a little the past few years.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
sirsmokealot28
Rookie

sirsmokealot28 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

chances are we wouldn't have drafted meachem or rice unless they slipped to 3rd round or later

i squeeze nipples like pimples to get the puss, get it?
sirsmokealot28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
I'm jealous. Curtis is a vastly underrated WR with fantastic hands and top gear speed. His hard work ethic and has the ability to return kicks should quickly make him a fan favorite.
Your current WR core of R. Brown / Basket / Avant is very solid indeed.
That's what I think. Withink a few years' these three could be a great receiving tandem in the NFL, and Donovan will finally have some receivers he likes and will be able to keep around for a while.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this news has literally lightened my mood after Duke's loss. Not that i like duke but i picked them to make the S16

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbrodo17 View Post
i like the signing, but in the back of my mind i was hopeing for a 1st round draft pick ie: Sidney Rice Robert Meachem
I'm the exact opposite. I'm glad we will pass on those guys to take some of the amazing defensive talent available in the draft this year.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
this news has literally lightened my mood after Duke's loss. Not that i like duke but i picked them to make the S16

I hate Duke after what they did to Clemson in basketball this year. At least the team that kept George Mason out of march madness is for real.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'm the exact opposite. I'm glad we will pass on those guys to take some of the amazing defensive talent available in the draft this year.
Thats how I feel as well.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The signing brightened my day after a crushing and humiliating GW loss. I think it is a solid deal. My initial reaction was that the Eagles overpaid, but then I started to think about the damage he did 2 seasons ago in the Martz system. Curtis runs good routes, has excellent speed, and he's an amazing worker. I love it now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i am liking it better than I did before

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the signing, this solidifies the receiving core and allows us to go into bigger needs in the draft.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
i like the signing, this solidifies the receiving core and allows us to go into bigger needs in the draft.
That is one of the main reasons I liked the signing as well.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
That's what I think. Withink a few years' these three could be a great receiving tandem in the NFL, and Donovan will finally have some receivers he likes and will be able to keep around for a while.
It's a young receiving corp but they have the potential to be special together

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's a young receiving corp but they have the potential to be special together
A few years down the road, we may have the WRs that everyone may be talking about.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yea, everybody is talking about that Donovan will have Curtis and Brown for a while, so he can build chemistry that doesn't go to waste like T.O. and Stallworth

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Brown, Curtis, and Baskett will be a top 5 tendem in the NFL in the next few years IMO.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

It's possible, but I think Brown is nearing his ceiling. Baskett has one of the highest ceilings I've seen in quite a while though, he could turn out to be great.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This season will go a long way to really show how good he can be. We all know WRs tend to break out their third year, and if he would, this would solidify my opinion on him being a great WR. Baskett does have a very high ceiling, and I am looking forward to what he can to in the future.