Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
hopefully he fairs better than Az Hakim did for the lions, the last St Louis slot WR to get a huge deal from another team.

Hahahah, Az Hakim was so good, we brought him back to our team last year, only to cut him mid season. Maybe this year we'll bring him back again, the Wizard of AZ Part III.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think you can compare Curtis and Hakim. Curtis is a much better player and was productive for longer than Hakim was before signing on. The expectations for him are also slightly lower.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
Rookie

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I don't think you can compare Curtis and Hakim. Curtis is a much better player and was productive for longer than Hakim was before signing on.
That's right.

Shaun MacDonald would be the player to compare with Hakim as the slot guy.

Another thing to say about Curtis is that he is very smart - he scored a 48 on the Wonderlic coming out of college.
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The eagles if they play their cards right again this season I could see them winning the divison.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't care about Wonderlic scores. They are nice and all, but I care about on-field production and actual skill set. Of course, the intelligence and football IQ doesn't hurt.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-16-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Actually, Porter, the Eagles were contenders to win the division before this signing. I don't think Curtis adds that much to the offense that they are any more or less likely to win the NFC East this year.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I knew the Eagles were looking at him, but IMo they should of kept Stallworth.
everyone keeps saying that but i live in eagle country and their fans were not too impressed with stallworth and dont think hes anything special. his injuries plagued him and he was only there for a year and i dont think he really played enough to catch on with the eagles fans. plus they know what its like to have no bona fide number one.

i think curtis is a better fit for the eagles also. curtis is very much a team player and the with how much crap mcnabb has been through the past couple of years, they need to have him surrounded with team oriented guys. not saying that stallworth isnt one but i just think curtis fits better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd
Rookie

LLoyd Floyd-Boyd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I really don't care about Wonderlic scores. They are nice and all, but I care about on-field production and actual skill set. Of course, the intelligence and football IQ doesn't hurt.
True of course, but all other things being equal you would rather have the smart guy and you know he won't have any trouble picking up the offense.
LLoyd Floyd-Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

As an Eagles fan, I have nothing against Dante Stallworth in any way. He played well for the team this year when he was healthy. I think that if he had been healthy all season, it would have done a ton for the team. They might have even gotten a bye and snuck past New Orleans for the #2 seed...

Regardless, I wish him well with the Patriots. He is being well compensated. I think Curtis is a fine fit for the Eagles. He can do the field-stretching that Stallworth did last season, but he can also do some ST work, and he's a little tougher over the middle. I think the overall tradeoff is minimal.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoyd Floyd-Boyd View Post
True of course, but all other things being equal you would rather have the smart guy and you know he won't have any trouble picking up the offense.
Agreed. I cannot argue with you there...

Old 03-16-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I woulda preferred Donte, but hey that's just me. A much more pressing need is a linebacker that can friggin tackle and also not tying up 95% of your money in a defensive line that didn't do jack squat last year. Whoops sorry ranted a little there.

The only drawback to Donte is his durability issues, and for that kind of money I could understand why the Birds went with Curtis
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
6 Years 33 Million.

The Tollner's are very good agents.
That's what you call "severely overpaid." He's not worth half of that.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote