Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-04-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Guys

Every year we seem to all have guys we like. I figured we can make a list now that the draft is nearing. This isn't to be confused with the hype a prospect...that is more informative. This is just for a list of players to look back on that you want for the cowboys.

Dexter McCluster
Andre Roberts
Golden Tate*
Jacoby Ford
Eric Decker
Dez Bryant
John Jerry
Vladimir Ducasse
Mike Iupati
Tyson Alualu
Austen Lane
Alex Carrington
Vince Oghobaase
Terrence Cody
Brandon Spikes
Brandon Ghee
Morgan Burnett*
Myron Rolle*
Earl Thomas*

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

* = It will be a certifiable miracle if they wear a blue star helmet in the NFL
Bold = Guys I think Dallas really needs

Crimson Tide homer guys:

Terence Cody, NG
Javier Arenas, KR
Collin Peek, TE*
Brandon Deaderick, DT/DE
Kareem Jackson, CB
Leigh Tiffin, PK

My other guys:

Ndamukong Suh, DT*
Matt Tennant, C
Brett Swenson, PK
Devin McCourty, CB
Eric Norwood, OLB
Daryl Washington, OLB
Tony Washington, OT
Pat Angerer, ILB
Earl Thomas, S
Chris Marinelli, OT
Eric Berry, S*
Tyson Alualu, DT

Last edited by LizardState : 04-20-2010 at 01:21 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

Maurkice Pouncey
Earl Thomas
Damian Williams
John Jerry
J.D. Walton
Daryl Washington
Andre Roberts
Jordan Shipley
Golden Tate
Morgan Burnett
Brandon Ghee
Rodger Saffold
Devin McCourty

And of course:
Eric Berry
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golden Tate - Fell in love with him in the Hawaii Bowl and have been pimping him all year
Taylor Mays - #1 Taylor Mayzzzzzz fan on the board
Rolando McClain - I only wish he would land to us
Sean Weatherspoon - thule will remember how much I loved him when he was a rather unknown
Perrish Cox - Check the hype thread ;)
Reshad Jones - I find myself defending him, so yeah, he's my boy
Dexter McCluster - List my name on the bandwagon
John Jerry - Big fan of the big fellah
Lamarr Houston - Love his tenacity to play up to his potential
Alex Carrington - I was hoping he'd declare last year.
AOA - Fell in love with the reports of his returning ability
Amari Spievey - Like, but don't love this guy
Chris Scott - I might be the biggest Chris Scott fan on the forum
LeGarrette Blount - I expected him to be a first rounder, but thanks to his suspension, he seems to be a big time steal value
Joique Bell - fell in love when I first saw him (late in the draft process)
Pat Angerer - dude is a bonafide stud at ILB imo
Robert Johnson - my favorite sleeper at S
Sergio Render - really liked him in the preseason, and have remained faithful
Emmanuel Sanders - have loved this June Jones product for the past 2 years
Mico McSwain - no namer that I pimped at WR, late rnd/udfa type
Ciron Black (as OG) - often bashed for liking Black, but I think he fits Houck to a T
Charles Brown - have stuck with him among my fav linemen, even when he wasn't popular
Brandon Carter - have always loved his attitude first and foremost
Donovan Warren - not so much anymore after he ran his 40, but I used to pimp him hard

In no particular order. Man, I didn't realize the list would be that long.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:16 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Iupati
Taylor Mays
Dez Bryant
Vladimir Ducasse
Brandon Graham
John Jerry
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Terrence Cody
Donovan Warren
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RGVBadBoy
Rookie

RGVBadBoy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I need to see my Boyz get some playmakers in the defensive backfield, but 1st thing is 1st, OL is a glaring concern.

Russel Okung is obviously my pick, but he'll be gone.... So lets see, Vladimere Ducasse is next on my wishlist. I hope we can get Ramon Harewood from Morehouse, let him get his feet wet at G then move him out to OT.

Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are also on my wishlist, but we all know that aint gonna happen, so let me get Nate Allen from South Florida in Rd 2. If we can't pull that Allen, then we need to get Jeromy Miles from Massechusets in F/A.

I really want Arrelius Benn or Demaryius Thomas, but I'll glady settle for Eric Decker, Brandon LaFell or Blaire White. If those guys can't be had, lets get us Bryan Anderson from Central Michigan or Kerry Meier in rd 6!!!

At LB, we all know we're not gonna get Sergio Kindle, but what about Rodderick Muckelroy??? And in the MLB PLEASE give me Joe Pawelek from Baylor or Ryan D'Imperio Rutgers in Rd 6 or 7?

I'll take Parish Cox at CB in rd 4 too, IF we got a pick:)
RGVBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Three I really like in the first round mix:

Maurkice Pouncey
Kyle Wilson
Roger Saffold

Three I really hate:

Charles Brown
Bruce Campbell
Demaryius Thomas

Three who I really like in the second round mix:

Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Tyson Alualu

Three I hate in the second round mix:

Damian Williams
Arrelious Benn
Brandon Ghee

And the one I'd love, but know I can't have:

Earl Thomas
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Three I really like in the first round mix:

Maurkice Pouncey
Kyle Wilson
Roger Saffold

Three I really hate:

Charles Brown
Bruce Campbell
Demaryius Thomas

Three who I really like in the second round mix:

Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Tyson Alualu

Three I hate in the second round mix:

Damian Williams
Arrelious Benn
Brandon Ghee

And the one I'd love, but know I can't have:

Earl Thomas
Who cares about that... all we want to know is...

Who is your patented Ivy League player this year??? :p
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Who cares about that... all we want to know is...

Who is your patented Ivy League player this year??? :p
Well, Toby Gerhart is my boy, but Stanford's not technically Ivy League, so, I introduce to you all:

David Howard, DT, Brown University

http://www.brownbears.com/sports/m-f...?max_width=250

(please excuse my struggles to properly insert an image into this post--it's been a while)

Howard is a bit of a raw talent, walking on to the Bears team midway through his freshman year. His numbers at Brown aren't extraordinarily impressive, as he played in a rotation (he did, however, post 6 sacks as a junior--one of the highest totals in the Ivy League, which plays a shorter season than most other schools), but his workout numbers are. At 6-3, 295, Howard ran a 5.03 40 yard dash, and bench-pressed 225 pounds 39 times.

Howard was the heart of a very good Brown run defense over the last season, a defense which allowed only about 70 yards per game. As his numbers indicate, he's very strong, with a good bull rush, but also decent secondary moves. He's a guy who plays with good leverage: as one of the most targeted players in the Ivy League last season, he constantly faced double teams, yet was able to effectively hold his ground and stack the pile. Has excellent quickness and the ability to shoot through gaps to make plays in the backfield, as evidenced by his 13 tackles for a loss in 2008.

Finally, like many Ivy League prospects, Howard is smart. As a walk-on at Brown, Howard had to earn his way into an acceptance letter, rather than being guaranteed a spot as a coach's pick. He's a hard worker good teammate.

Naturally, Howard has some weaknesses. The level of competition he played against the last 4 years leaves something to be desired, and his production did decline his senior year.

As a Dallas Cowboys fit, Howard could project as a late round pick or free agent as a quality 3-4 defensive end, especially working on running downs. His numbers indicate his excellent potential, and with some pro coaching, Howard could play a significant role in 2-3 years.

Last edited by JJJ888 : 04-19-2010 at 06:49 PM.
JJJ888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course he is smart!!! He went to Brown!!!!

I think it is possible that Earl Thomas falls far enough that we could trade up to get him. I could see that happening. Probably not, but it is not as impossible as I think some of you are making it out to be.

Give me the best LT left. I don't care who.

Second round-I think Nate Allen would be a great pick. But I think that is not likely, either.

Third round-Linval Joseph. I am sure there will be someone else I like better when the pick comes up, but he seems a fair player for the third.

Late round-I want Boo Robinson, dang it. He has flashes of greatness and that's it. But that is all I'm looking for in the later rounds.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Thomas!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote