Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-07-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default According to 97.1 Lions might be interested in Haynesworth

He doesnt fit Washingtons 3-4 and apparently wants a trade. Coaching staff wants him out, enter Lions. We dont know what Washington wants for him but imagine if we got him for cheap, maybe a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year. And we still draft Suh, our defensive line would look like this:

Vanden Bosch, Suh, Haynesworth, Williams, Avril, Hill

that is beastly
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
He doesnt fit Washingtons 3-4 and apparently wants a trade. Coaching staff wants him out, enter Lions. We dont know what Washington wants for him but imagine if we got him for cheap, maybe a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year. And we still draft Suh, our defensive line would look like this:

Vanden Bosch, Suh, Haynesworth, Williams, Avril, Hill

that is beastly
If the Lions traded for Haynesworth, I would think they would begin strongly considering going in another direction at #2. Possibly swapping picks with the Redskins as part of (but not all of) the trade and drafting someone like Eric Berry.

But then again, given that the Lions are drafting #2 and have Suh and McCoy to choose from, I'm guessing this is just radio hearsay.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions shouldn't draft Suh anyways, so why would they draft him if they traded for Haynesworth?

Their number one priority has to be protecting Matt Stafford. Trading for Haynesworth would be great because it would allow them to draft Okung (or whichever OT they like the most) without getting criticized for passing on a supposedly one in a decade prospect.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The Lions shouldn't draft Suh anyways, so why would they draft him if they traded for Haynesworth?

Their number one priority has to be protecting Matt Stafford. Trading for Haynesworth would be great because it would allow them to draft Okung (or whichever OT they like the most) without getting criticized for passing on a supposedly one in a decade prospect.
Because after all of this time, the Detroit Lions still haven't figured out that Jeff Backus sucks.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm willing to give up on haynesworth. i don't think that he'd be good for our chemistry. i'd almost pray for an injury just so that there would be enough playing time to go around for everybody.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That deal makes a ton of sense for the Lions.
Corey Williams and Haynesworth will be able to play well in Jim Schwartz's scheme. The Lions got Williams at a very good price, because he couldn't play in a 3-4, but he was a pro bowler with the Packers. Haynesworth will make things easier for Williams and Vanden Bosch.
Trading for Haynesworth would also save the Lions money. If they draft Suh at #2, they would be paying their defensive line close to $100 million, depending on Suh's gigantic contract at 2. Haynesworth only has $16.2 million left on a 3 year deal. That contract was front loaded.
They need Okung a lot more, because now they have to go against Julius Peppers, Jared Allen and Clay Matthews 6 times. Last year, I said that the only way that the Lions can screw up with Stafford is if they get him killed, which is exactly what happened last year. If they manage to trade a second rounder, or two, for Haynesworth and draft Okung, that would be a better decision, IMO.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 04-07-2010 at 04:27 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://detnews.com/article/20100407/...py-Haynesworth

is the source of the "trade talks" on 97.1 today.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seeing that contract info definitely makes me more interested than what i was. $16 M over 3 years isn't bad at all. 6 years/$65M/$36M guaranteed is probably what we'll end up shelling out for the #2 pick. it would probably take a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year to get it done though.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-07-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

problem is mayhew wants to build this team thru the draft not continuosly pick up veterans. we have already done a lot of that and albert could be one to many
Old 04-07-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

bla bla. Never settle for an ugly chick if you have shot at a hot one.

I want Suh. Okung is too unremarkable a top OT for me.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with addict. We just got a very good LG and hopefully with the interior of our line finally solid our tackles can play to the degree that they are suppose to be capable of.

If you wanta protect Stafford build a defense so we dont fall behind early every game, which allows pass rushers to pin the ears back go go for QB rather than worrying about a run.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh.. I'll pass. Let's just go with Suh and hold on to the other picks.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

my problem with haynesworth is that he's telling the coaching staff what to do.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-07-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would personally rather just take Suh because of his youth and he will probably have more desire to play well than Haynesworth does.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I would personally rather just take Suh because of his youth and he will probably have more desire to play well than Haynesworth does.
I don't mind trading for Haynesworth, but it's no reason not to take Suh or McCoy.

Okung is not an elite prospect at OT guys, I hate to keep mentioning this. We're better off drafting Suh/Saffold (just throwing a name out) than go Okung and some bum. Okung is the top guy in the OT class, but he's no Jake Long or Joe Thomas. He's not a spectacular prospect.

And yes, we need elite players in the worst way, especially on our D-line.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-07-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I don't mind trading for Haynesworth, but it's no reason not to take Suh or McCoy.

Okung is not an elite prospect at OT guys, I hate to keep mentioning this. We're better off drafting Suh/Saffold (just throwing a name out) than go Okung and some bum. Okung is the top guy in the OT class, but he's no Jake Long or Joe Thomas. He's not a spectacular prospect.

I agree completely, I just don't want to end up stacking tons of money on the dline. I would love to see what a Suh/Haynesworth line would look like though.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not going to happen, now, as you were.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
I agree completely, I just don't want to end up stacking tons of money on the dline. I would love to see what a Suh/Haynesworth line would look like though.
fair enough, although Haynesworth's contract isn't that big anymore. All the big roster bonusses that pushed his numbers through the roof have been paid by the skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Its not going to happen, now, as you were.
lol don't worry nobody's actually expecting it, we're just talkin'

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions interest will hinge on how much the redskins want in compensation dollars wise.

Okung + Haynesworth >>>>>>>>>>>> Suh and anyone we are likely to get in the 2nd round at any position.

If we can pull off a trade for Haynesworth for a 2nd I'd be all for it if the Schwartz signs off on it. He is 28 so he is reaching his prime. If we wanted to win now or in the next 4 years it still makes sense. If it is a 2nd and 2011 2nd it would work as well IMO. But I think the Skins would ask for a swap of 1sts and a 2nd this year. Now I'm hesitant.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
fair enough, although Haynesworth's contract isn't that big anymore. All the big roster bonusses that pushed his numbers through the roof have been paid by the skins.
Well according to the mlive article it seems if Washington does end up trading him then the team that acquires him will have to pay some of the recent bonus he just got.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...t_in_albe.html

EDIT: @broth223 You beat me to it.

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 04-07-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haynesworth as a NT and McCoy as a UT would be pretty sexy in a 4-3, add in Williams to keep the rotation fresh and I love the look of that. Haynesworth or not I'd still go Suh or McCoy at #2, guys are too good to pass up if you have the chance to get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LOLitsTomBrady
Rookie

LOLitsTomBrady hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Haynesworth as a NT and McCoy as a UT would be pretty sexy in a 4-3, add in Williams to keep the rotation fresh and I love the look of that. Haynesworth or not I'd still go Suh or McCoy at #2, guys are too good to pass up if you have the chance to get one.
Thats what im saying, therefore you have a defensive line that looks like this:

Avril...Suh...Haynesworth...Vanden Bosch

or on passing downs

Suh...Williams...Haynesworth..Avril

and if our main guys get tired

Hunter...Williams...Hill...Vanden Bosch

That would be an incredible rotation of talented players and there wouldnt be a team who could run the ball against us
LOLitsTomBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously? How many DTs do you need? We have Williams who is not really a backup, Hill who is coming into his own. Haynesworth (assuming a trade) who was a pro bowler a year ago. Then you want to draft Suh/McCoy on top of that? Are you nuts?

Quote:

Okung has 0 holes in his game and exactly who is this "Some bum" you always refer to? There isn't a position that is such an epic need for us that we HAVE to take a guy in round 2 assuming we go Okung in 1. Specially if we get Haynesworth. So I don't really get it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol, i laugh at the weak ass williams wall. only 2 DTs! we're going to have to run a 5-2 and hill would still be on the bench for rotation.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if the Lions wanted to they could go Okung in the 1st and Brian Price in the 2nd.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote