Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2006, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duddy is a tricky one. Enormously popular in NYC and an amazing draw. However, because of that, his promoters match him easy. His level of competition is not there, but the power clearly is. The man can punch, he is hittable though. The guy he fought last nught hit him a lot, just didnt have power. Certainly exciting and one to keep an eye on, but not a sure thing at all. Its a shame that we wont see him agianst real competion for a while, probably until he gets on HBO which wont be for a year or so imo.

We could reset the forum, maybe even get the mods to make it a sticky. Maybe you could pm one of them as you probaly know them better than me. I'll set up a poll to.

As far as the Winky Taylor fight, I will make a very early prediction now, but I reserve final judgement. I am going with Winky as of now. I love his style. His defense is the best in the business (although him and mayweather are very very close and it could go either way). I think this could look like the Trinidad fight with Winky controlling the action by blocking and popping out his hard jab, which is stronger than most because he fight with his strong hand in front. So I will go with Winky by UD.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink

This will never get stickied. The mods.. well 2 of them at least.. aren't exactly the best guys on the forum. I don't get along with either of them particularly well. D-Unit will never sticky something that is not of direct interest to him.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever, we can just keep bumping it up. The poll is up btw
Old 06-11-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Whatever, we can just keep bumping it up. The poll is up btw
Good stuff.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink

This is random as all hell, but I must state that Arturo Gatti is by far my favorite boxer of all time. Heart baby, heart.

Playing off of his nickname (Thunder) and his entrance theme (ACDC's Thunderstruck)

"That's not Thunder You Hear, it's Heart."
Old 06-11-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
This is random as all hell, but I must state that Arturo Gatti is by far my favorite boxer of all time. Heart baby, heart.

Playing off of his nickname (Thunder) and his entrance theme (ACDC's Thunderstruck)

im about to pop in the Ward trilogy right now, soo good

For the fight, i have a feeling that Taylor should win but Winky pulls it out and takes a decision
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

I like Gatti as well, but if he beats Baldomir he will probably be fighting Cotto and therefore I will hate him. He does put on amazing fights though and AC goes insane when he fights. Him vs Cotto would be definated FOTY candidate imo.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:

im about to pop in the Ward trilogy right now, soo good

For the fight, i have a feeling that Taylor should win but Winky pulls it out and takes a decision
His first fight with Ward was the best fight I have ever seen. Ever. W/o question. Over Barrera vs Morralles and Castillo vs Corrales. The best.

It turned 3 of my buddies from non boxing fans, into boxing fans :D
Old 06-11-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

I like Gatti as well, but if he beats Baldomir he will probably be fighting Cotto and therefore I will hate him. He does put on amazing fights though and AC goes insane when he fights. Him vs Cotto would be definated FOTY candidate imo.
I can't wait for his fight with Baldomir, that fight is taylor made for him. I could actually see him defeating Baldomir.. but at his age and through all the wars he's been through I think the younger (and therefore stronger) Cotto would probably TKO him.

I CAN'T WAIT for his fight with Baldomir. I pray to god he wins. I hope its fight of the year and he proves he is the bar none the most exciting fighter in history.

Heart.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:28 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Is there any videos out there with the Zbikowski fight?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I actually think everyone is overrating Baldomir. He beat a Judah who didnt train a lick for the fight. Baldomir is touggh, but he is not even a good boxer, he is about average. That said, I think it could be a possible fight of the year due to both fighters toughness and come forward style. But, I do see Gatti winning a UD if it makes the cards.

I will look for the Tommy Z fight for you
Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Couldnt find the Tommy Z fight. It will probably be on worldboxingvideoarchive.com, but the site is down as of now.

I am going to try and post some pics of Malignaggi:

Old 06-12-2006, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If you want the entire gallery, here is the link:

http://www.boxing-pics.com/cotto_mal...and_cotto.html
Old 06-12-2006, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Baldomir Gatti fight ppv?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Cory Spinks have his fight yet?

He disappeared after the Judah loss
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

winky wright will win
Old 06-12-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

winky wright will win
Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128
Is the Baldomir Gatti fight ppv?
No sir :D
Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a fan of Winky, but I don't see him winning over Taylor. JT is a beast. He just overwhelms his opponents with his jab.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Did Cory Spinks have his fight yet?

He disappeared after the Judah loss
I believe he will be on shotime sometime soon. Not a big fan of his anyway
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
I'm a fan of Winky, but I don't see him winning over Taylor. JT is a beast. He just overwhelms his opponents with his jab.
He has a great jab, but he didnt use it all that much in the b-hop fights. Winkys jab is just as good imo, due to the fact that he fights with his strong hand in front. He is also a defensive wizard. I dont see Taylor cracking his defense, but i may change my mind. This really is a pick em fight.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
He has a great jab, but he didnt use it all that much in the b-hop fights. Winkys jab is just as good imo, due to the fact that he fights with his strong hand in front. He is also a defensive wizard. I dont see Taylor cracking his defense, but i may change my mind. This really is a pick em fight.
I agree with the pick 'em fight. It will probably be close to dead even in Vegas with Winky having possibly a slight edge in the odds.

As you said also, they both have tremendous jabs. This should be a fight of jabs... and hopefully it wont be boring because it sounds like me and a few buddies are setting up a night of drinking and boxing for this fight.

btw, just to confirm for %100 sure, is it this weekend or next?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree with the pick 'em fight. It will probably be close to dead even in Vegas with Winky having possibly a slight edge in the odds.

As you said also, they both have tremendous jabs. This should be a fight of jabs... and hopefully it wont be boring because it sounds like me and a few buddies are setting up a night of drinking and boxing for this fight.

It is this weekend, June 17. It probably will be a boring fight to non-boxing fans, but if you appreciate a tactical fight (I do sometimes, and almost always when Winky fights) it should be interesting. I dont expect many fireworks.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It is this weekend, June 17. It probably will be a boring fight to non-boxing fans, but if you appreciate a tactical fight (I do sometimes, and almost always when Winky fights) it should be interesting. I dont expect many fireworks.
I am the same way. That's why I like watching Floyd fight, he's such a smart fighter and he's so tactical and accurate you gotta love it. It was tremendous to see him switch styles to fight Judah because he knew he'd have to fight textbook style against a guy with Judah's speed instead of his casual, front arm down style he often uses.

I do think Taylor has the power to KO Winky, and I think Winky could TKO Taylor if everything went perfect for him... but neither will probably happen.