Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-08-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Nouveaux
Rookie

Nouveaux is a cocksman.Nouveaux is a cocksman.Nouveaux is a cocksman.
Question Haynesworth & Berry

Hey guys, New poster here. I've read these boards for a long time, but just now have something I thought was worth asking.

With all the talk about the possibility of the Skins trading Haynesworth and knowing that Schwartz would be interested, would that change the pick at #2 to be Eric Berry or is an OT more needed? Clearly a QB isn't going to be the pick and Albert would take care of the DT spot, so that leaves either Berry or one of the OTs at the top of the board. What would be the pick?
Nouveaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you add Hayneworth and Berry to what the Lions have, they become elite, and suddenly all of the promising players turn into studs, and the below average ones look like legit starters.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the board.

I'm not a Det fan but will take a shot at this even if Det was to trade for Albert (unlikely) I still don't think Berry would be the pick that is just to high for a S.

I think the pick would be Okung if it played out like that.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Berry at #2. If we were to trade for Haynesworth, I think we would take Okung at #2 and move Backus to right tackle.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well what if the Haynesworth trade was #4 and Haynesworth for #2? The big money for the #2 pick is offset by the big money for Haynesworth.

Not sure why Washington would do that but whatever.. Would we be fine with taking Berry at #4 if that was the trade?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if that were the trade the lions would be getting a DEAL lol. the skins would give away most dominate DT in the league and the lions would move down 2 picks and still get an elite prospect
Old 04-09-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If teams are worried about paying Berry #5 or #6 overall money, I doubt that Detroit will want to invest #2 money in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Yeah, good joke. Awesome.
Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back??
Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Creek is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back??
WMD!!!!!

Sorry, didn't realize this post was in the Lions "Team Board" section, damn new posts feature. I'm rusty.

But yeah, I don't see Berry going #2 or #4, really, given the current economic climate etc. etc.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
WMD!!!!!

Sorry, didn't realize this post was in the Lions "Team Board" section, damn new posts feature. I'm rusty.

But yeah, I don't see Berry going #2 or #4, really, given the current economic climate etc. etc.
CREEK! Where have you been, pal?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Creek
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
CREEK! Where have you been, pal?
I've been lurking, reading Scott & JBond and some of the threads. Getting so close to the big night, my draft fever is starting to act up... Had to come check back in with NFLDC.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 06:45 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
If teams are worried about paying Berry #5 or #6 overall money, I doubt that Detroit will want to invest #2 money in him.
gentlemen we are in the presence of greatness!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there is a trade for Haynesworth then the redskins and lions would swap picks in the first round. Because if they didnt then the redskins would know they are giving away Okung.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
if that were the trade the lions would be getting a DEAL lol. the skins would give away most dominate DT in the league and the lions would move down 2 picks and still get an elite prospect
Haha ... my thoughts EX-ACT-LY!!!

1) Trade out of that #2 spot to #4 (less financial commitment), 2) get Fat Albert as a dominant plug in the middle & 3) stil lacquire an elite prospect in Berry. I like that transaction! Snyder might fall for it (go get em Mayhew) Shanny is smarter than that though I suspect? ;o)
Old 04-09-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the dream would be to give them julian peterson to ensure the deal and then have spoon magically fall to us in the 2nd. follow that up with a corner, and then a rb in the 4th.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They aren't trading Haynesworth, stop dreaming.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but spoon....

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped reading once i realized that we've got 4 of the original legends of NFLDC in this thread. And screw you, I'm counting myself.

Where is ERU when we need him?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote