Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default ESPN: "Cowboys in the SB are no surprise"

That's what the ESPN Draft panel of Tirico/Dilfer/Mortensen/Kiper agreed on.

Yes we've heard this before, too many times. And they said that Jerry Jones has "demanded" that the team be there with the next Big Show at their new home of Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

Is that doable, another Jerry pipe dream, or a tall order?

They went o to say the team is built to go deep into the playoffs, & that was true 2-3 yrs. ago too. And the statement came before the dumping of Flozell Adams & Hamlin, so I think it's dependent on how they do in the draft & the rest of the offseason by filling the OLT & safety slots. OLT is Free's job to lose IMO, safety very much up in the air.

Are you guys buying this or is it another legendary Texas Brag?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry has "demanded" it? I hope to hell not! All he's done is kept his wallet shut and he must've cut the trade phone lines too, because this offseason has been pure crap. Conversely... look at the Jets... LT, Cromartie, Holmes... Uh.. can I have their offseason? We don't even know what we're doing at KICKER! This team isn't going to the SB. Sure, I'll hope for it, but to sit here and think we deserve it or have the audacity to demand it is stupid. We drafted like crap last year and haven't done jack crap this year. Do I have high hopes for the draft? Yes. But I know my hopes will crumble on draft day.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not crazy about the offseason either D, but I have to admit smiling & cackling to myself when I heard they had dumped Flo. A definite plus.

Jerry's hype is as always so much puffery, but the answers to all my questions is Yes, it is Jerry's pipe dream, a Texas brag & not going too far out on the limb to say it's doable.

Of course it was very doable last yr, & the yr they sent a rcd 13 players to the Pro Bowl including the damn kicker....

Jerry shot his bolt on opening the new stadium in the beginning of the cratering of the American economy so the timing could've been better, maybe that's the reason for the closed wallet. As for available FAs, the 2 positions they dumped, safety & OLT, rarely if ever have quality FAs available, & when there are they have multiple bidders & they don't come cheap.

I don't see them trading for Brandon Marshall, biggest name still out there. Denver is asking the moon for him anyway

That means additional emphasis on the draft, they have to get a starter at #27, can't afford to miss.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I'm not crazy about the offseason either D, but I have to admit smiling & cackling to myself when I heard they had dumped Flo. A definite plus.

Jerry's hype is as always so much puffery, but the answers to all my questions is Yes, it is Jerry's pipe dream, a Texas brag & not going too far out on the limb to say it's doable.

Of course it was very doable last yr, & the yr they sent a rcd 13 players to the Pro Bowl including the damn kicker....

Jerry shot his bolt on opening the new stadium in the beginning of the cratering of the American economy so the timing could've been better, maybe that's the reason for the closed wallet. As for available FAs, the 2 positions they dumped, safety & OLT, rarely if ever have quality FAs available, & when there are they have multiple bidders & they don't come cheap.

I don't see them trading for Brandon Marshall, biggest name still out there. Denver is asking the moon for him anyway

That means additional emphasis on the draft, they have to get a starter at #27, can't afford to miss.
I don't want Marshall. We don't need Marshall. We have Austin... um... well, at least we want to sign him ... eventually... right, Jerry??? Right???

Marshall is another Roy. Except he has hands. He'll want all the passes his way.

We need a WR to stretch the field. Santonio Holmes would've been perfect! I would've given up much more than a 5th rounder for him. Steelers said they shopped him... Jerry must've declined if that's the truth.

I don't like the way this offseason is going outside of our cuts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You realize had their been a cap this year D that we had the highest cap number going into. We had deals structured to get under it but still. Just because there is no cap in place doesn't mean squat. This is just a year to cut back loaded contracts that aren't going to be fulfilled...aka Flozell and Hamlin. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Barber go after the draft. But I realize that is unlikely at this point. I don't see one move that we "should have" made. Holmes is suspended for 4 games. If he has another substance abuse problem he's out for the year. And he is a FA at the end of the year...basically we would have had a lease on him for a 5th round pick. I like Holmes...but I surely don't hold it against Jerry and Steven for not making the move.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote