Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New York Interview

I recently did an interview with a site called New York State of Sports that covers the Giants, Jets and NFC East in case anyone is interested. Here is the link:

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2010...aft-countdown/

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I recently did an interview with a site called New York State of Sports that covers the Giants, Jets and NFC East in case anyone is interested. Here is the link:

http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2010...aft-countdown/
excellent stuff as usual Scott.
question: do you really not see 'Spoon fitting as a MLB in our (Perhaps) running a sort of cover 1 scheme? In coverage I'd take him over McClain. I just don't know what to make of 'Spoon. Care to shed some light?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants need to draft Rolando McClain. If he’s gone by #15, then it becomes a tricky situation. As I previously said, they don’t have many glaring needs, so they could take their best player available. Right now, I have them taking Anthony Davis, the left tackle out of Rutgers. Long term, he could be a starter with Will Beatty. From what I hear, they really like the aforementioned Jason Pierre-Paul. He had a great workout with them, and defensive end may be a need for the Giants. Osi Umenyiora could be gone after this year, and Mathias Kiwanuka is in the final year of his contract. You think about the 2007 Super Bowl, then right after, they draft Justin Tuck. They perform well with a multitude of pass-rushers, and Pierre-Paul is just that. C.J. Spiller could be another one, but it looks like he will be gone come the 15th pick. Another popular player for the Giants is Sean Weatherspoon out of Missouri. However, he doesn’t really fit their ILB needs as a pure OLB. Truly, I don’t think they will go Weatherspoon because he is classified as a reach at 15, and the Giants aren’t known for making reaches.
you meant resigned right? also i totally agree about BPA, its BS, there is always a reason.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As Always great read Scott

I do have a question based on your comments about Weatherspoon as a pure OLB

Sintim is a pure pass-rusher, but isn't a great fit at OLB in a Tampa 2 (or derivative)

Assuming Sintim moves to DE (where I think he is better suited), how does this scenario sound?

1. Giants trade back in the first round for an extra draft pick
2. Draft Sean Weatherspoon to play SLB in the late 1st round (perhaps around 20-25?)
3. Draft Sean Lee to play MLB

Last edited by Big_Pete : 04-15-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote