Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 27th pick in the NFL Draft....

The Dallas Cowboys select?

We are less then a week away. Enough with who you want, hope, or wishing for, who do you think we actually end up drafting?

I'm gonna go with Nate Allen.

Tough to predict a trade up, so I'm gonna assume we stay where we are, and I think he would be the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take that fool, I will certainly puke!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
If we take that fool, I will certainly puke!
Do you know anything about him, like seriously?

Maybe if he ran a 4.2 he would be more appealing to some people.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant, I think he's going to fall and Jerry won't be able to resist.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Allen is a safer pick, but his upside isnt that great

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Nate Allen is a safer pick, but his upside isnt that great
He is a pure cover safety, has great range and can be a ballhawk in our scheme and create turnovers. I don't know how you'd figure he doesn't have great upside to be honest, lots of safeties were taken late in the 1st round and you could of probably said the same thing about and went on to be some of the best in the league.

Everyone of course is going to say Taylor Mays has great upside, but what? Because he's really fast, and big, ignoring the fact that he's not a great fit for our scheme at all and probably needs to be in a Cover 2 to see most of his upside.

Besides I don't want to turn this into a safety debate thread, just that I think he'll be the pick. He's not even the guy I personally want the most there, but if you think he's a terrible fit or a bad pick I have to question how much you know about the guy. Ideally I'd like to trade back and take him at 35-40 range but that still be making him our 1st rounder technically.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the WR depth in Dallas look like beyond Austin, Roy E., Ogletree, and Crapton?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Do you know anything about him, like seriously?

Maybe if he ran a 4.2 he would be more appealing to some people.
It doesn't mean it won't be a good pick, I just don't want us to take him that early.

I know you clarified that this wasn't about what we want anymore, just what you think we will do.

If that is what we do, I will be disappointed, much like I was when we took Felix where we did.

But if he ends up being the pick and works out to be the playmaking safety I believe we need in order to make it to the next level, I will be a happy man.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is a pure cover safety, has great range and can be a ballhawk in our scheme and create turnovers. I don't know how you'd figure he doesn't have great upside to be honest, lots of safeties were taken late in the 1st round and you could of probably said the same thing about and went on to be some of the best in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright
Weaknesses:
Frame is maxed out --- Pure speed is just average --- Struggles when asked to match up with wideouts in man coverage --- Plays too tall at times --- Isn't a real big hitter --- Not very quick or explosive --- Upside?
i hate to use Scott's words in my argument, but he did say it. I think its more of a case where the player does everything good, but nothing great. With the Corners he's had and the passrushers he's had, you'd think he'd have more production as well.

Quote:
Everyone of course is going to say Taylor Mays has great upside, but what? Because he's really fast, and big, ignoring the fact that he's not a great fit for our scheme at all and probably needs to be in a Cover 2 to see most of his upside.
No? This is a generalization for people who don't know enough about the draft process. If anything, most draftniks dislike him, he's been downgraded for quite some time, deservingly or not. I personally think the Jets take him, Rex Ryan can give him something to do.

Quote:
Besides I don't want to turn this into a safety debate thread, just that I think he'll be the pick. He's not even the guy I personally want the most there, but if you think he's a terrible fit or a bad pick I have to question how much you know about the guy. Ideally I'd like to trade back and take him at 35-40 range but that still be making him our 1st rounder technically.
fair enough.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too early to predict. haha. Seriously tho.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll be either Nate Allen or Jared Odrick. I wouldn't be shocked if Dez Bryant fell all the way to 27, nor would I be shocked if he went in the top 10. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think it'll be either Nate Allen or Jared Odrick. I wouldn't be shocked if Dez Bryant fell all the way to 27, nor would I be shocked if he went in the top 10. Nothing would surprise me with that guy.
Matt Mosley stated in a recent espn.com mock draft that the front office is in love with Odrick, though with Odrick unavailable in the mock, he projected us to take Devin McCourty over Maurkice Pouncey.

Mosley has a pretty good history of predicting Cowboys' picks: In '08, Mosley nailed our picks of Jones and Jenkins (though in the wrong order); in '07 he was spot on with Anthony Spencer; in '06 he correctly picked Bobby Carpenter, and in 2004, he once again did the double with Ware and Spears. It's a good idea to trust what this man says in the weeks leading up to the draft.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What's the WR depth in Dallas look like beyond Austin, Roy E., Ogletree, and Crapton?
Nothing special, we may take a WR in the middle rounds or we could pass again. Roy is going to start with Austin again, not out of the question Ogletree passes him at some point.

Crayton is still solid nothing special, and Hurd could step in if we needed him too. We still use two TE's more then most teams do, so I don't think it's a pressing need.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pouncey or trade back. That's assuming a guy like Bryant or another obvious choice is gone.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nothing special, we may take a WR in the middle rounds or we could pass again. Roy is going to start with Austin again, not out of the question Ogletree passes him at some point.

Crayton is still solid nothing special, and Hurd could step in if we needed him too. We still use two TE's more then most teams do, so I don't think it's a pressing need.
I think this is an interesting point.

Many people think the Minn game exposed our OL. I actually think our WR corp was more exposed.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Matt Mosley stated in a recent espn.com mock draft that the front office is in love with Odrick, though with Odrick unavailable in the mock, he projected us to take Devin McCourty over Maurkice Pouncey.

Mosley has a pretty good history of predicting Cowboys' picks: In '08, Mosley nailed our picks of Jones and Jenkins (though in the wrong order); in '07 he was spot on with Anthony Spencer; in '06 he correctly picked Bobby Carpenter, and in 2004, he once again did the double with Ware and Spears. It's a good idea to trust what this man says in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Interesting.

I'd really like McCourty tbh, definately would be happy with that pick, or a CB within the first few rounds.

Not sure how I feel about Odrick, Bowen is very underrated and has continually gotten better.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Taylor Mays is available at 27, I don't see us passing him.

Dez Bryant won't be available at 27.

Dallas won't draft Golden Tate.

There... 3 prediction quotes from me. More to come, I'm sure.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Taylor Mays is available at 27, I don't see us passing him.
We Will

Dez Bryant won't be available at 27.
If he gets past 20 we will trade up

Dallas won't draft Golden Tate.
Agreed

There... 3 prediction quotes from me. More to come, I'm sure.
3 Responses' Can't wait till Thursday!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

I think Pouncey, Iupati, Bryant, and Earl Thomas are off the board by the 27th. It Comes down to Mays, N. Allen, McCourty, Tate, and Odrick for Dallas. As much as I'd like a more sexy pick, we go with Odrick. We still have 3 DEs in upcoming contract years and Jerry hasn't made up his mind with whether to resign any of them. If the salary cap is back in place for next year, drafting a rookie to a five year contract is a much cheaper alternative to paying out big money for a veteran. Jerry is also very comfortable with the idea of drafting first round DE's.

I'm not excited about the pick, because I don't see him as much better than Spears, but his motor, strength, and versatility would be useful.

Jerry might wheel and deal in the second round to get either Burnett or Allen. Maybe trade a fourth rounder to move up 8 or so spots. Then he'll trade Spears to try and recoup that fourth round pick on the third day.

Last edited by bluebonnet78 : 04-19-2010 at 02:47 PM.
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
3 Responses' Can't wait till Thursday!
I don't know if Jerry would actually trade up for Bryant. We're already going in this without a 5th rounder. I doubt we give up a 3rd/4th to move up a few spots in the 1st for Bryant.

Maybe he would for Earl Thomas, but there hasn't been a lot of smoke building up around our interest in him.

McCourty is the new name that has popped up this week in regards to our 1st rounder. I dunno how much I like late risers. Sometimes I think the scouts start to outthink their gut when they start moving guys high up thier boards this late in the process. The one thing that impresses me most about him is his quick feet. He has quick and sudden foot movement combined with excellent hips. Nice frame too. Mostly thought of as a 2nd rounder, but the combine and pro day really helped him. He's emerged as a legitimate 1st round candidate right now. I don't know how legit he is, but Rutgers has a nice recent track record with NFL prospects.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mays will go before 27. To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if Al Davis took him at #8. DHB was nearly in the same boat, and Al took him over Crabtree and Maclin. I think some team will fall in love with his athleticism before the Cowboys get a chance to even think about him.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think Mays will go before 27. To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if Al Davis took him at #8. DHB was nearly in the same boat, and Al took him over Crabtree and Maclin. I think some team will fall in love with his athleticism before the Cowboys get a chance to even think about him.
I could see that as well. But for clarity sake, my quote was based on "if" Mays was still available at 27, then I think we would take above anyone else available.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Yeah I feel ya D, but I just felt like making a wacky prediction. lol

Old 04-19-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I feel ya D, but I just felt like making a wacky prediction. lol
Eh fine... then here's a wacky prediction...

Jerry trades up and selects Eric Berry.

Berry seems to be the name falling as of late, and several teams have been linked to moving up for him. Why not us?

I could see us trading up with the Browns at #7. Either way... I predict some team will trade up for Berry.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well, it's the Draft Day Eve everybody! The time to put your chips down is right now.

With that said, I'm going to make my prediction (if we are picking at 27).

Any news leading up to the draft is 99.9% lie. Moving up for Earl Thomas? I have my doubts. Dez Bryant to Dallas hype machine... I don't buy it for a sec. Taylor Mays coming in for a private visit? Just a tease for a guy like me. Late riser like Devin McCourty? I have to admit... I'm thinking maybe. But I've finally nailed down my prediction.

From the day after the draft ended to now, I've done my fair share of homework on offensive tackles. I've debated the situation from every angle (very passionately, I must add). At first, Scott's mocks used to say that we wouldn't draft a Tackle because we invested so much in Flozell and Columbo recently. I was very aprehensive about that, and doubted that would be a reason to prevent us from taking a tackle. So at the start of the season, my guy at the position and #1 favorite draft prospect was Bryan Bulaga. Happy to say that today, he would still be my top OT choice.

THEN... all of a sudden Doug Free emerged and opened everybody's eyes. His story was a bright highlight of the season. All of a sudden he put to rest my arguments for wanting an OT. Regardless, I still kept a short list of Tackles. Among them... Bulaga, Davis, Campbell and Brown.

Bulaga and Davis were often thought of as out of reach type prospects, but they did have periods throughout the year where it was a possibility for them to reach us. Bulaga due to injury... Davis due to work ethic/character issues.

I jumped on the Campbell wagon without ever watching him, but just based off his freakish athleticism... then that came crashing down once I saw him play. Talk about total disaster! Weak base, poor technique... but the worse was when I saw him not even care about his QB after letting his assignment beat him for the sack. That moment ended it for me. I went from the bandwagon to public enemy #1.

Okung, I could never appreciate. Passing wise, he's great. Don't get me wrong. But for a guy that highly touted to not able to be a great run blocker... or even a decent run blocker... to me, that didn't warrant all his hype. So I never became a fan.

Trent Williams was a hot name for me in 2008-09. Wanted him to declare and all. But his failure this past season at LT put question marks in my mind. It was his fault Sam Bradford's career ended the way it did. As the season progressed, my liking for him continued to diminish.

The one guy who consistently rose up my board throughout the year has been non other than Charles Brown. He started off as a late 2nd round rated player in my book. I thought of him mostly as a great 2nd round option for us. But as the season went on, I began to like him more and more. Athleticism... check. Long arms... check. Strength: adequate... check. Strong base... check. Knee bend... check. Lateral agility... check. Pass blocking... check. Run blocking... check. Upside...check. Pro scheme... check. Soon he was my Top choice at one point at OT. The only question marks I had were... did he fit a Hudson Houck type lineman? I didn't think so at first... but then I thought... Doug Free doesn't either. So I still considered him as high as I did. I also questioned his speed off the snap, initial punch and mean streak, which are still concerns today. Not reasons to scratch him off the list or anything, but things I think need to be acknowledged.

I know you're going to say, but D, you've been bashing the selection of an OT. I know... I have been. I do believe Jerry thinks highly of Doug Free, but I'm not sure he's sold that Free is the permanent long term answer there. I think he could always revert to using Free as our swing tackle. Free has proven to be able to do an admirable job at that. He could consider Free the eventual replacement for Columbo as well.

So with that, I'm going to predict...

With the 27th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Charles Brown, Offensive Tackle, University of Southern California.