Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Would you trade for Haynesworth?
Yes 12 66.67%
No 5 27.78%
Not sure 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Would you trade for Albert Haynesworth?

Would you trade #34 for him and draft Russell Okung at #2?

I read something about the Redskins putting Portis in the deal to help them save on the money that they paid to Haynesworth. I've searched for his contract but couldn't find it, I think its around 7 million.

Reunite him with Schwartz and KVB?

Please share your thoughts here

Last edited by Scotty D : 04-19-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't help but feel that there has to be more to the Skins wanting to trade him all of a sudden than him not wanting to play NT (which would ruin the principle of having Haynesworth anyway).

Anyway, he's had his payday now. I'm not sure he still wants to work.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree. i also dont want us to build this team around trades and veterans. that is not how you build a legitimate nfl team. you build via draft and even tho it sounds great on paper i dont think its the right move. its not like we are contending next year so lets build a young nucleus to give us a future.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would do it, no question. Yeah, we need to build through the draft but Haynesworth shouldn't drop off by the time we can contend. So it's not like he is real old.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd trade #16 overall for Haynesworth.

If the Skins would take #34, then I hope ya'll would jump on that. He was so vital to Schwartz's success in Tennessee because he allowed the DEF to just rush the DL while the LB's and DB's mixed up coverages. It was pretty vanilla, but very effective.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The contract is not bad at all. We would have to cut him after the 2012 season because he owed $29 million for the 2013 season. Essentially, he has 3 years and $16.2 million remaining on the contract. Washington is responsible for all the guaranteed money already given to him (it doesn't really matter in an uncapped year) and we could cut him after 2012 without penalty.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The contract is not bad at all. We would have to cut him after the 2012 season because he owed $29 million for the 2013 season. Essentially, he has 3 years and $16.2 million remaining on the contract. Washington is responsible for all the guaranteed money already given to him (it doesn't really matter in an uncapped year) and we could cut him after 2012 without penalty.
This is the big thing. The majority of the money has been paid out. It's worth it. AND it'd give us the possibility of drafting a "safer" LT at #2 or #4.

I still want Suh though.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would trade a weight watchers membership.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though I have to say, if Schwartz has a say in it and he trades for Fat Al, than in Jim we Trust.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Jim. I do not trust Al to get in the gym.

$$ does funny things to people, I'm not just talking a 1 million dollar contract to play pro sports type $$ either, Fat Al got PAID!! He has people do everything for him now which is not condusive to work ethic & hunger (except for in the kitchen!)
Old 04-19-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Albert, an ideally I'd like to just go BPA in the draft which would be Suh, unrealistic but wow what a overhaul to that line.

KVB-Haynesworth-Suh-Avril
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb1114 View Post
I'd take Albert, an ideally I'd like to just go BPA in the draft which would be Suh, unrealistic but wow what a overhaul to that line.

KVB-Haynesworth-Suh-Avril
Don't forget current roster mates, big Corey Williams & a year #2 Sam Hill to toss on the pile ...
Old 04-19-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah the teams biggest weakness last year becomes the teams strongest point., but I tend to think the 34th pick will be used to pick up Ronnie Brown on draft day
Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah the teams biggest weakness last year becomes the teams strongest point., but I tend to think the 34th pick will be used to pick up Ronnie Brown on draft day

Oh god, I would be furious if we got Ronnie Brown! Has he even had a healthy year in the NFL?
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
great, that way we'll have two running backs on IR by the second game!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
great, that way we'll have two running backs on IR by the second game!
I agree, Ronnie Brown is made of glass, I'd rather take Best or Matthews, but I have a feeling that Brown will be here by end of the draft
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Brown for a 2nd Round pick. I don't think the Lions are that stupid either (remember Millen is gone!). Maybe something like #100 for Ronnie Brown and #145 I would do. It values Brown as a mid-4th but we don't actually lose a pick. Not sure if the Dolphins would do that, but what can you expect for a 28 year old running back who has only played 16 games once in in his five year career.

EDIT: The more I think about it, even a mid-4th value might be too much for Brown. He's only got about two years left in the tank.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

How about 4 7th round picks & a case of Vernors for Ronnie Brown?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit sends
Jeff Backus or Gosder Cherilous

Washington sends
Albert Haynesworth

Washington would draft Suh at #2. Suh would be a beast at 34 DE and many think its his best fit. The swap of 2 and 4 is a 800 point difference on the trade value chart which is equal to a first round pick. Washington needs help at offensive tackle and this trade would help out one of the spots. I'd rather keep Backus and have the rookie play RT, but Backus may be better on the right side. Detroit could end with Okung or Trent Williams.

Not sure how plausible this is but I'm going to throw it out there
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Detroit sends
Jeff Backus or Gosder Cherilous

Washington sends
Albert Haynesworth

Washington would draft Suh at #2. Suh would be a beast at 34 DE and many think its his best fit. The swap of 2 and 4 is a 800 point difference on the trade value chart which is equal to a first round pick. Washington needs help at offensive tackle and this trade would help out one of the spots. I'd rather keep Backus and have the rookie play RT, but Backus may be better on the right side. Detroit could end with Okung or Trent Williams.

Not sure how plausible this is but I'm going to throw it out there
I'm sure it's been discussed by Mayhew & Schwartz. They are paid BIG time to cover all contingencies.

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 04-20-2010 at 09:06 AM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was open to it and am supportive of okung, however i just have a bad feeling about haynesworth. i think he'd end up as a cancer type player and destroy what we are building. he looks like the 'rasheed wallace' of football. pretty soon after signing him, levy and hill would start complaining about their contracts, the locker room will be divided, and someone will start calling out stafford. haynesworth is an alpha, but isn't the team leader i want. i'm more comfortable with suh/campbell.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Sean Rogers 2.0.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

I just don't want Okung, he's too unremarkable as a OT prospect. He's nothing like the top O-lineman of years past.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Sssssuuuuuhhhhh!!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I just don't want Okung, he's too unremarkable as a OT prospect. He's nothing like the top O-lineman of years past.
What's concerning to me is that now it's coming out that a few teams have Trent Williams, a guy who struggled on the left side his senior year, as their top tackle. What does that say about Okung?