Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Would you trade for Haynesworth?
Yes 12 66.67%
No 5 27.78%
Not sure 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter King yesterday had some revealing things to say about Bulaga & his short arms. LT class seems like 5 solid, but not exceptional, talents in Williams, Okung, Bulaga, Davis & Campbell. (throw Brown in there too)

2 "elite" DT with a need their for Detroit ... don't settle, get the stud!

Suh!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't want Brown for a 2nd Round pick. I don't think the Lions are that stupid either (remember Millen is gone!). Maybe something like #100 for Ronnie Brown and #145 I would do. It values Brown as a mid-4th but we don't actually lose a pick. Not sure if the Dolphins would do that, but what can you expect for a 28 year old running back who has only played 16 games once in in his five year career.

EDIT: The more I think about it, even a mid-4th value might be too much for Brown. He's only got about two years left in the tank.
Neither do I, he can never stay healthy, but it still wouldn't surprise me if they did a deal for brown. I'd rather take Jahvid Best, or Ryan Matthews if he slipped past.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Peter King yesterday had some revealing things to say about Bulaga & his short arms. LT class seems like 5 solid, but not exceptional, talents in Williams, Okung, Bulaga, Davis & Campbell. (throw Brown in there too)

2 "elite" DT with a need their for Detroit ... don't settle, get the stud!

Suh!
Or McCoy. I wouldn't mind him. Everytime I see him I want to hug that man, he just looks like he's loving life.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's concerning to me is that now it's coming out that a few teams have Trent Williams, a guy who struggled on the left side his senior year, as their top tackle. What does that say about Okung?
The problem is the top tackles in this class are just good-ok, their isn't really any franchise tackles in this draft at all. Which that is why I'm not a huge fan of taking Okung. Backus wasn't terrible last season, and Gosder should get one more year at Right Side, and worry about the tackle position next year. We'll probably be top eight again next year, so we'll have a shot to get one of the top tiers.

I always use the philosophy of Best Player Available, if he is the best on board when your on the clock take that person, you could always find a spot to put him, and I just don't see Okung, or Williams on the top of my board.

Last edited by nmb1114 : 04-20-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added
Old 04-20-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Or McCoy. I wouldn't mind him. Everytime I see him I want to hug that man, he just looks like he's loving life.
Well said.

You know he openly admitted that the Little Mermaid was his favorite movie? I want to squish him with a big ol hug myself! HA!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well said.

You know he openly admitted that the Little Mermaid was his favorite movie? I want to squish him with a big ol hug myself! HA!
Yeah, I was disappointed he didn't say Mulan was his favorite movie :(

Edit: this is the 30th post in the thread as well as my 30th post... lol

Last edited by DrunkenLament : 04-20-2010 at 02:44 PM.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Carriker's move to Washington today probably means the chance of Haynesworth being traded has improved.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-howard-green/

Howard Green (NT) earlier in the week as well ... I agree it's looking more & more like a draft day trade is coming with Albert leaving DC. The 100 million dollar man, 1 & done ... wow.

If Schwartz get's all reflective & goes 2007 on us, thinking KVB & Haynesworth can rekindle the magic, I am going to be disappointed.

I wonder if Haynesworth was in the trade discussion to St. Louis in the Carriker deal? I would have loved to been a fly on the wall in that room.

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 04-20-2010 at 04:46 PM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get him, we will have him in just under 48 hours... obviously if we take Suh, we won't get him.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more and more I listen to NFL personnel talk about Okung the less and less I want him. If we trade for Haynesworth than I want McCoy, if we don't make a trade than I want Suh.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The more and more I listen to NFL personnel talk about Okung the less and less I want him. If we trade for Haynesworth than I want McCoy, if we don't make a trade than I want Suh.
So you'd take a DT rotation of McCoy, Haynesworth, SLH, Williams and whatever else? Don't you think that is a bit much? I do. I hope if we do trade for Haynesworth its coupled with a trade down.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can NEVER have too many offensive or defensive linemen in the NFL. I say you still take best player available and let the rotation work itself out. If you need to trade a guy like Corey Williams after one season then you do that. Defensive tackles get tired and need to rest for a couple of snaps more than any other position. You can't underestimate the effect of consistently rotating fresh bodies in and out, all of whom can play at a high level.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

Quote:
You can NEVER have too many offensive or defensive linemen in the NFL. I say you still take best player available and let the rotation work itself out. If you need to trade a guy like Corey Williams after one season then you do that. Defensive tackles get tired and need to rest for a couple of snaps more than any other position. You can't underestimate the effect of consistently rotating fresh bodies in and out, all of whom can play at a high level.
I agree I would be in heaven if that happened, easily could be the best DL in the league with that
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I do understand but that just seems re-fricking-diculous to have that many people at one position, rotation or not. Especially when we have so many holes. You don't pay someone ~11-12 mil to be a rotation player [McCoy]. Hell, I wouldn't like paying someone ~7-8 mil or whatever [Haynesworth] to be a rotation player.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-21-2010, 07:42 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Like what?
(not questioning ... jsut a question. Avid Suh/McCoy supporter here)
Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

Quote:
Like what?
Going to speak out of turn here, but to me Trent Williams is a better LT prospect than Okung.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

technically since we traded for corey williams then we can cut him since we didn't inherit any guaranteed money.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Like what?
Well most recently, there was a Yahoo! Sports article in which a few NFL personnel indicated that they thought Okung was a right tackle in the NFL and should be drafted between 15-19, and not top 10.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb1114 View Post
Going to speak out of turn here, but to me Trent Williams is a better LT prospect than Okung.
Not out of turn by any means ... interesting opinion. I don't see the knock on Williams either. He seems more athletic then Bulaga & Okung ... also Stoops moved him around that oline a bunch so he is a versatile lineman for sure.
My gut feeling is Williams is the mysterious #2 T that is right there at the top acocrding to Mayhew.

Quote:
Well most recently, there was a Yahoo! Sports article in which a few NFL personnel indicated that they thought Okung was a right tackle in the NFL and should be drafted between 15-19, and not top 10.
Ok. I have read also that Williams, Davis & Bulaga project as RT's by several front offices ... based on speed out of the crouch, short arms etc (whatever the knock was on each) So the elite 10 year LT to protect Stafford is not such a solid pick @ #2 in this draft. MORE proof that an elite prospect/BPA is the way to go with Suh/MCoy or trading back & getting Berry! (my top ranked 3 players)
Old 04-21-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I do understand but that just seems re-fricking-diculous to have that many people at one position, rotation or not. Especially when we have so many holes. You don't pay someone ~11-12 mil to be a rotation player [McCoy]. Hell, I wouldn't like paying someone ~7-8 mil or whatever [Haynesworth] to be a rotation player.
Besides the inflated salary issue, this was sort of my arguement early this week when a pass catching, rotational, TE was traded for a starting OLB! We have 5 or 6 TE's on the roster ...(Pettigrew, Heller, Scheffler, Gronkowski(?),Matthews, Nordin)
Why trade a starter for a depth player at a rarely used position when there are so many other holes to fill? get a S or another CB or a RB or another G even ... but a TE? I'll say again, we better see tons of passes to Scheffler & Pettigrew this season.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sims wasn't a starter. he was a lump of garbage that kept follett out of the starting lineup because it would have caused friction in the locker room.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
sims wasn't a starter. he was a lump of garbage that kept follett out of the starting lineup because it would have caused friction in the locker room.
I agree. Sims is addition by subtraction and had no ties to the current regime. He would have been allowed to walk as a FA in 2011. Sims never even played in both of Detroit's victories last season.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
I agree. Sims is addition by subtraction and had no ties to the current regime. He would have been allowed to walk as a FA in 2011. Sims never even played in both of Detroit's victories last season.
Maybe not the coaching staff ... but don't kid yourself, Mayhew was right there next to Millen in the war room when Detroit drafted Sims. both palyed at FSU ... there were stil lsome ties.

Philly goes 0-16 with Sims in the line up! (jk)

The "pain train" Follett would be an amazing story if he blossomed & stepped it up as a 7th round draft pick & became a starter ... with Levy a 4th rounder, that would be a pleasant surprise & production from mid & late round draft picks ... quite a change for the Lions.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe not the coaching staff ... but don't kid yourself, Mayhew was right there next to Millen in the war room when Detroit drafted Sims. both palyed at FSU ... there were stil lsome ties.

Philly goes 0-16 with Sims in the line up! (jk)

The "pain train" Follett would be an amazing story if he blossomed & stepped it up as a 7th round draft pick & became a starter ... with Levy a 4th rounder, that would be a pleasant surprise & production from mid & late round draft picks ... quite a change for the Lions.
the fact that htey are still in the NFL after their rookie years is already flabbergasting.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...rth-move-again

Clock is ticking...

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08