Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which second year RB will have the best season?
Reggie Bush 18 14.75%
Laurence Maroney 45 36.89%
LenDale White 6 4.92%
Joseph Addai 19 15.57%
Maurice Jones-Drew 19 15.57%
DeAngelo Williams 5 4.10%
Jerious Norwood 1 0.82%
Wali Lundy 2 1.64%
Mike Bell 5 4.10%
Other (Post Your Pick) 2 1.64%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Addai is just as talented as Maroney is though? Addai was a 4.4 guy, has great hands, good cutback ability, not great moves though, always falls forward, good pass-blocker etc.

Also MP; Dominic Rhodes is gone leaving an untested DeDe Dorsey and CFL'er Kenton Keith as the main backups to Addai. Dorsey should have a minor role this season if they don't draft a RB so I'm unsure if it's a "multiback" system.
Addai isn't as talented at Maroney. Addai may put up better numbers but it won't be because of his talent.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

by talent i dont mean 40 yard dash..VJ and all that crap
i mean on the field. put Maroney in Colts offense and its murder

Maroney is faster on the field, quicker and is a homerun threat. Hes also got a crazy stiff arm

Addai is a great back but put them on the same team and Maroney will outshine him
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
R.I.P DWILL DNASH

Laurence Maroney
Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
by talent i dont mean 40 yard dash..VJ and all that crap
i mean on the field. put Maroney in Colts offense and its murder

Maroney is faster on the field, quicker and is a homerun threat. Hes also got a crazy stiff arm

Addai is a great back but put them on the same team and Maroney will outshine him
I do agree with HR threat and faster (I'm indifferent on "quicker" as Addai hits the hole pretty hard but I guess we can agree to disagree there?) but wouldn't you agree with what was said earlier about Maroney's running style? He appeared to be hit or miss throughout the season, running sort-of like a scat back you know? He's obviously not one and can be a 1,500-yard rushing back but wouldn't you agree that he ran differently last season?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P.J. Daniels...........HA! jk

Its the guy I told yall was the best RB who came out last year Laurence Maroney!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I do agree with HR threat and faster (I'm indifferent on "quicker" as Addai hits the hole pretty hard but I guess we can agree to disagree there?) but wouldn't you agree with what was said earlier about Maroney's running style? He appeared to be hit or miss throughout the season, running sort-of like a scat back you know? He's obviously not one and can be a 1,500-yard rushing back but wouldn't you agree that he ran differently last season?
Maroney last year showed a load of talent..speed..strength..quickness and great acceleration and burst

his problem: he was impatient at times..if he didnt see the hole he didnt settle for 2 yard gain..he tried making a big play a lot . our OL/playcalling was very good as he was always 1 on 1 with a free man in his face as soon as he got the ball

i wouldnt say he ran like a scatback..he was given a lot of inside carries instead of plays better for his speed(outside runs maybe) he seemed like a balanced back who was a threat to break 1 every time and many of us were suprised with his strength because he never went down with 1 defender. He wasnt easy to bring down nor easy to chase because hes fast, strong and quick. i cant wait to see him add some bulk and more muscle without losing speed/quickness.

he came in kind of small looking..he was 217 lbs but he didnt look like it and didnt seem to have muscle defination .. his calves looked small and so did his arms

1 thing is he has to go with the NFL Diet and Nutrition program to eat the proper foods and gain some bulk. If he can get up to 225 with proper diet he'll be very good because he has room to be up to 230-235 without losing a lot of speed. hes suprisingly strong though for his build

but to answer the question: he can run like a scatback..hits hole full speed, few lateral moves and gone but he can also run like Larry Johnson and other big backs

Last edited by remix 6 : 03-18-2007 at 01:05 PM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote