Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Denver got ripped off in my opinion. Good trade for Detroit though, not sure what Philly sees in Sims.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ims-to-philly/

Detroit gets 7th from Denver + Scheffler
Philly gets Sims (who blows chunks)
Denver gets a fifth from Philly

Yeah denver moved up 2 rounds (5th to 7th) and lost Tony Scheffler. Bad, bad trade.

I hope this means we'll go to a 2 TE mode, and doesn't say too much about Pettigrew's knee :o... that would suck. Although on the bright side at least it's unfortunate injury and not busting that ends his career. After so many years of Millen even that feels like a victory.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canton45 View Post
a fast athletic linebacker who was great player on a terrible team who started to play like he didn't care which is what a lot of talented players look at moss on the raiders ,Thomas Jones on the cardinals
Except for the fact that he was only good when Shaun Rogers was in town.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Except for the fact that he was only good when Shaun Rogers was in town.
and sucked at every ball except football since.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasnít much of a risk for the Eagles since they only gave up a 5th round pick, and Ernie Sims has put up some good numbers in the past but has been stuck on a bad Lions defense. I havenít really watched him play before though but he isnít getting good remarks here from Lions fans. I remember liking him a lot coming out of college.

The Lions got the best deal here, they didnít give up much at all for a pass catching TE, I donít know how Denver benefited from this trade.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ernie was the perennial DPOY in one of my Madden 08 franchises. He had enough speedz to pull down 20+ picks a season
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
It wasnít much of a risk for the Eagles since they only gave up a 5th round pick, and Ernie Sims has put up some good numbers in the past but has been stuck on a bad Lions defense. I havenít really watched him play before though but he isnít getting good remarks here from Lions fans. I remember liking him a lot coming out of college.

The Lions got the best deal here, they didnít give up much at all for a pass catching TE, I donít know how Denver benefited from this trade.
Good numbers is a stretch. He misses more tackles than he makes and he NEVER makes any actual game changing plays (ie a sack, interception, or forced fumble).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh McDaniels must have the biggest ego in the world or he must hate the broncos
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Denver got ripped off in my opinion. Good trade for Detroit though, not sure what Philly sees in Sims.
They don't see a Detroit Lions jersey on him anymore, perhaps?
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Josh McDaniels must have the biggest ego in the world or he must hate the broncos
Or both???
Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ's play has really dropped off I don't see him having much trade value, unless it's the Jet's they will take any one. :)
Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:

good numbers? 1 interception, 2.5 sacks and a whopping 4 forced fumbles (3 of which in 2007) in four seasons with the Lions.

Ernie Sims' numbers are pedestrian at best. He averages just over 70 tackles a season. And all his actual plays happened in 2007! He had 96 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1 SCK. After that: nothing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so glad I am not a Broncos fan.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
good numbers? 1 interception, 2.5 sacks and a whopping 4 forced fumbles (3 of which in 2007) in four seasons with the Lions.

Ernie Sims' numbers are pedestrian at best. He averages just over 70 tackles a season. And all his actual plays happened in 2007! He had 96 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT, 1 SCK. After that: nothing.
I was just going by his tackles, even though that is an overrated statistic.

06-07 125 tackles
07-08 134 tackles
08-09 113 tackles

Prior to Josh McDaniels, it seemed that the Broncos had a nice core of playmakers on offense to surround Jay Cutler with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler. Now Cutler and two out of those three guys are gone, and coincidentally the one playmaker they didn’t trade this off-season is the guy who underperformed the most compared to his previous season.

Last edited by Kramer : 04-19-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just going by his tackles, even though that is an overrated statistic.

06-07 125 tackles 81 solo
07-08 134 tackles 97
08-09 113 tackles 71

Prior to Josh McDaniels, it seemed that the Broncos had a nice core of playmakers on offense to surround Jay Cutler with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler. Now Cutler and two out of those three guys are gone, and coincidentally the one playmaker they didnít trade this off-season is the guy who underperformed the most compared to his previous season.
he is a pile jumper
Old 04-19-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ct-with-lions/

Tony Scheffler is pumped about joining the Lions, but he had to tell coach Jim Schwartz he would not seek a new contract before Detroit agreed to acquire him.

The Lions didn't want a holdout, and Scheffler was happy to oblige.

Scheffler grew up an hour from Detroit and told Mike Klis of the Denver Post he wants to "Restore the roar!"

"I was just talking to my brother about that," Scheffler said. "It's going to be surreal walking into that locker room and putting on those clothes for the first time."
Old 04-19-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely loved Sims coming out, wanted him on the eagles then. Hopefully he can excel with a change of scenery.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was skeptical about Detroit getting Scheffler, because Pettigrew was supposed to be an all-around TE who can block and catch very well who started to come on late. Still though Scheffler is a beast at catching the ball and always has, and I think it's smart to give Stafford more weapons.

You can still find ways to use both TE's, and the cost isn't very much for a solid addition on the team.

Not too many 3 team trades that happen that often, I can't comment too much on Sims because I rarely got to see him play but it'll be interesting to see if all these moves the Eagles are making will pay off or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they're not super intent on resigning Scheff, it's more likely that Detroit just wasn't that interested in paying Ernie for another year. They should keep an eye out for Washington in round 2 or something.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I was skeptical about Detroit getting Scheffler, because Pettigrew was supposed to be an all-around TE who can block and catch very well who started to come on late. Still though Scheffler is a beast at catching the ball and always has, and I think it's smart to give Stafford more weapons.

You can still find ways to use both TE's, and the cost isn't very much for a solid addition on the team.

Not too many 3 team trades that happen that often, I can't comment too much on Sims because I rarely got to see him play but it'll be interesting to see if all these moves the Eagles are making will pay off or not.
Detroit didnít lose much at all in this deal, they basically got an extra playmaker for Stafford like you said for nothing. TE isnít a pressing need, but they were probably just thinking, ďWhy not?Ē.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Ernie was the perennial DPOY in one of my Madden 08 franchises. He had enough speedz to pull down 20+ picks a season
I traded Randy Moss at 35 for a 1st and 2nd in madden too.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver, masters of the three-way trade.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

This was actually a 4 team trade when you think about it. We traded our 5th round pick that we got in the Sheldon Brown deal.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Detroit didnít lose much at all in this deal, they basically got an extra playmaker for Stafford like you said for nothing. TE isnít a pressing need, but they were probably just thinking, ďWhy not?Ē.
Exactly. Ernie wasn't gonna get a new contract anyway and he essentially got beat by a rookie linebacker (Levy) last season, so his value was next to nothing, at least as far as the Lions were concerned.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prior to Josh McDaniels, it seemed that the Broncos had a nice core of playmakers on offense to surround Jay Cutler with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler. Now Cutler and two out of those three guys are gone, and coincidentally the one playmaker they didnít trade this off-season is the guy who underperformed the most compared to his previous season.
you're giving a one-sided assessment of the situation. if you look at it from the other extreme, mcdaniels traded away three self-absorbed malcontents, one of which is a 26 int throwing "franchise qb" who cried his way out of town. another is an incident away from a season suspension... we're talking about a guy who literally acted like a five year old by punting footballs in practice. the last is a piece of **** who said "i can't wait for the season to be over" near the end of last season when the team was fighting for a playoff spot.

mcdaniel's first year certainly hasn't been flawless. though it's early, some of his top draft picks from last year seem questionable at best. his play calling isn't where it needs to be. you could argue he failed to compromise in the cutler and marshall situations but i think it's pretty clear both of them forced his hand. he's had the misfortune of inherting a lot of shanahan's **** in terms of talent and character. i think mcdaniels has done a good job of rebuilding the team and he has them heading in the right direction