Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tony Scheffler a Lion ...

Adam_Schefter: Filed to ESPN: Three way trade -- Eagles get LB Ernie Sims, Lions get TE Tony Scheffler, Broncos get undisclosed draft pick ...

(my apologies about no link yet)

Thoughts?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a 5th rounder went to Denver.

Scheffler is a Chelsea/WMU kid coming home. Hopefully he catches more than 30 balls ... Holy crap, what is up with the TE love by this organization. I wonder if BP's knee is shot?? I wonder why not a RB or CB for Ernie?

Brodeur is EXTATIC ... Ernie lover! Ha!

We target an OLB in the draft now boys. Weatherspoon/Kindle/Hughes @ #34 baby!!!!

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 04-19-2010 at 10:54 AM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a fan of Scheffler since he entered the league. I bet we sign Keith Bullock to play WLB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this trade doesnt make sense to me
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

This does seem like one of those combo/follow up deals ... unfinished until they fill the OLB spot. Maybe "pain train" Follet is penciled in? (doubtful) ;o)

My concern is getting rid of a starter on a bad defense means just another hole to fill. Maybe it's Follett ... but also, I like Jerry Hughes or Weatherspoon @ #34 & or Donald Butler in rd 4.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like detriot also gets a 7th rounder
Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follett can easily replace Ernie's production (so could anything with the ability to walk but that's not the point) and Tony is a solid pass catching tight end, so it works for me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

I thought Julian Peterson was the one being shopped ... looks like he stays put now! They would not consider dumping Foote, Sims & Peterson in 1 off season, from the worst D in the NFL .. .would they?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is not great but solid nice move for Det.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
this trade doesnt make sense to me
Me either.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Sounds like a 5th rounder went to Denver.
that fifth rounder is the Eagles', not ours. We just sent away Ernie to play in Philly. We get a seventh + scheffler for Ernie. WINNNN

Please be ok Pettigrew!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trade makes me concerned about Pettigrew... and now we have 4 7ths. Meaning we may draft Bill Stull.

Yughk.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ct-with-lions/

Tony Scheffler is pumped about joining the Lions, but he had to tell coach Jim Schwartz he would not seek a new contract before Detroit agreed to acquire him.

The Lions didn't want a holdout, and Scheffler was happy to oblige.

Scheffler grew up an hour from Detroit and told Mike Klis of the Denver Post he wants to "Restore the roar!"

"I was just talking to my brother about that," Scheffler said. "It's going to be surreal walking into that locker room and putting on those clothes for the first time."
Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey all just joined been looking at this site and forums for years now, and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm a closet Lions fan, but I have to say I like the move/moves they have been making this off season.

The trade makes sense if you think about it, Scott Linehan uses a lot of 2 TE sets, and our number #2 TE just retired (Casey Fitzsimons), which really lead to this deal. Will Heller is more of a blocker with soft hands.

Ernie Sims really hasn't lived up to his potential, but you also have to remember the Millen+Marinelli really reached on him because Marinelli loved him in his "Tampa Two" system, and envisioned him as the Derrick Brooks. Since the Schwartz took over he looked lost out there by going in the wrong gaps, and was taking piggy back rides 5-15 yards down the field before he could actually take a guy down
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb1114 View Post
Hey all just joined been looking at this site and forums for years now, and decided to finally take the plunge. I'm a closet Lions fan, but I have to say I like the move/moves they have been making this off season.

The trade makes sense if you think about it, Scott Linehan uses a lot of 2 TE sets, and our number #2 TE just retired (Casey Fitzsimons), which really lead to this deal. Will Heller is more of a blocker with soft hands.

Ernie Sims really hasn't lived up to his potential, but you also have to remember the Millen+Marinelli really reached on him because Marinelli loved him in his "Tampa Two" system, and envisioned him as the Derrick Brooks. Since the Schwartz took over he looked lost out there by going in the wrong gaps, and was taking piggy back rides 5-15 yards down the field before he could actually take a guy down
Good points ... welcome out of the closet!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks this off-season I'm actually making a little sense out of these Lions finally.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind the trade. Schwartz has been good at turning mid round draft picks at LB into solid NFL starters.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Uh... *looks around* yeah.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-19-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
This trade makes me concerned about Pettigrew... and now we have 4 7ths. Meaning we may draft Bill Stull.

Yughk.
maybe trade up for an early sixth round pick?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
maybe trade up for an early sixth round pick?
I'll just say "whatever" to that.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
I'll just say "whatever" to that.
american style 'whaddevur' or british style 'wha-evar'?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
american style 'whaddevur' or british style 'wha-evar'?
Now I'm just confused. American style I'm guessing.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-19-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to keep one of our 7th's for ZOLTAN so the rest are fair game.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landon Johnson might be our answer at Will. That move went under the radar. He's a decent player with experience. Or we draft one again ughh but at least Mayhew has a better track record finding LBs.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

As BVO makes the point... we should have gone after him last year and drafted Oher.

Bah.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08