Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-22-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=81523

Here is the rest of owner Al Davis' side session with reporters, after his elbow-dropping news conference Tuesday. He weighed in on:

^ Tuesday being a great day: "Oh, I couldn't wait to get here. I think it's a beautiful day. I'm happy for Hue Jackson. He's got a big job. ... The big thing, seriously, the gratifying thing, is all the calls from players, and the tweets -- they call 'em tweets, I guess -- all those things. Great, great, great, great. Every one of 'em. And then Michael Huff told Eddie Anderson, he said, I want to be here. You know, all that. I can't speak for Michael Huff. I'm just saying all the nonsense that went on for a while, about they're unhappy ... Listen, their mentality is like all you people, if you're dissatisfied then you change, like all of us."

^ Getting personnel that fits his style or Hue's: "Well, Hue Jackson likes the style that I like, and I like a lot of the style that he likes." (So it's the same thing?) "I can't answer you that. I mean, we may have a disagreement on a player or two, but we'll see. So far, you know, he's used almost anyone just the way you'd like. A couple of 'em didn't go until the end of the year, we start using Jacoby late in the year. He's something."

^ Bruce Campbell: "Yeah, he'll play. He'll play this year." (Upset he didn't play as a rookie?) "Was I upset? Not upset at anyone in particular, just upset, yes. I wish he'd have gotten a chance. But not upset at anyone in particular, no, because I could have resolved that by just telling him, 'play him,' and he'd have gotten to play. But Hue is on top of it. He's gonna play. And he's the only one who didn't play this year, of the draft."

^ Success of the last two drafts: "I think we've been very successful the last four. I think we're always pretty good. The thing that hurt, is the question someone asked, JaMarcus hurt a great deal. But the ones they wanted to take instead of JaMarcus, Brady Quinn, hasn't played yet. There was some talk of Calvin Johnson. But you can take a look at Calvin up at Detroit. How many games did they win this year, Detroit, do you know? Six? Yeah. But up until now, Calvin hadn't done anything for them. He had been eulogized, but he hadn't made a lot of indelible impression on the won and lost. Listen, someone asked the question, it's there. The JaMarcus thing hurt."

^ Rookie salary cap: "Obviously, that has to be negotiated. What it will be, a 30-percent reduction, 15-percent, it determines who we take care of. We have to take care of retired players. We have to. We have to do a better job for them, so they can pay for a funeral when God forbid someone dies, pay for medical, we have to take care of 'em."

(Do enough people share that view?) "Listen, I'm told we're one of two teams -- I don't know, maybe I'll check the others. But one of two teams that pays all the medical of the people who work for us. That's one of the virtues, I've always felt, has to go to the employee, that they can't worry about their medical. And so we paid it. But they're on me about it upstairs, because boy, that's a big number. I don't know if you know it, but a player, married, with any kind of children, minimum of 30,000 a year, for their medical. And we've always paid it. They get on me, because all the clubs say, you know, the Raiders are doing it. But that's one of the virtues of being a Raider. We pay their medical."

^ Super Bowl pick: "Probably the Jets. Pittsburgh ... wait a minute. It's tough. Tough. ... I wanted to make the point to you, his last year here in Oakland, Charles Woodson played in a defense we called Wolverine. ... Do you remember what position he played in Wolverine?" (Kind of a middle safety-linebacker thing) "You remember who knocked the ball out of Brady's hands?"

(Now they're saying the Tuck Rule is a bad rule) "Oh, well, we knew that's coming. We just didn't know when it was coming. They took the game from us, let's be honest about that. But I wanted to say, we were playing Charles Woodson as a safety late in his career with the Raiders, and we were blitzing him a lot. He's got the strongest hands. He knocks those balls out of your hands when he tackles you. He really does. I remember he got Hines Ward in Pittsburgh, when we played Pittsburgh, I think it was the night Gannon kept throwing. ... That's what he can do. He likes that better than playing corner. Corner, he don't like it if he sees speed out there, he don't like it. He's a good player. Seems our corners are everywhere. Even that little Chris Carr starts for Baltimore. Yep."

^ Aaron Rodgers: (Regret not drafting him?) "Sure I would regret not drafting him. Fact, I made two calls to two people. Yeah, he's a good player." (You made two calls?) "Who didn't see him as being ... If I see a player on television look great, and I go back in the files upstairs and we got a report on the guy that's 'ehh, he's 50 percent,' I might call him and say, what were you doing?"

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default List of Cable's Fines

From this morning's MercNews sports, new HC Jackson: pay close attn:

http://www.mercurynews.com/the-playg...nclick_check=1

LMAO, $4,250 for giving Al "that look" -- wonder what look that was?

Does "general principles" amount to general obnoxiousness, lol?

Note they didn't include his NFL fine for breaking an asst's jaw with a sucker punch in camp in Napa a yr ago.

4,600 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, I'm a bit skeptical as to how legit all that stuff is, but it is Al....
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Brown doesnt make the HoF :(

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure how late I am on this but on our site.. the 2011 home opponents are on there...

NE
NYJ
(KC,SD,DEN)
CLE
DET
CHI
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Not sure how late I am on this but on our site.. the 2011 home opponents are on there...

NE
NYJ
(KC,SD,DEN)
CLE
DET
CHI
Thats a pretty tough schedule IMO. The Denver, Browns and Lions are one we should win, but the others will be very close. Hopefully we have another good off season and fill holes and take more steps than we have already taken.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most of that, but I do think Detroit will be a tough team to beat with another good draft. All the other games could easily result in a loss it just depends on what our team looks like after FA and the draft.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Henderson arrested on weapons charges following being stopped for having tint that was too dark and for not wearing a seat belt.

http://benmaller.com/2011/03/raiders...eapons-charge/

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Campbell and Seymour are having team workout in Atlanta. Hopefully Campbell can keep progressing and the WR's start playing well this year

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 05-18-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
According to Maximum Sports Management, Oakland defensive lineman Richard Seymour is handling the cost of a camp being billed as an Oakland Raiders’ team passing camp.

It will be held next Tuesday-Friday at Competitive Edge Sports in Duluth, Ga. A lot of Oakland’s players are in the East or South and the location is centrally located. The news release said Seymour will be in charge of the defense and quarterback Jason Campbell will lead the offense. It also said the on-field drills will include weight lifting, swimming and nutritional counseling. Essentially, this is a minicamp for the players on their own during the lockout.

Teams are working out in pockets throughout the league. But this four-day program is impressive. This is different than a bunch of guys throwing the ball around on a high school field. It appears this camp will be professional and supervised. The only thing missing will be the Oakland coaching staff.

The news release noted that Seymour invited his teammates to the workout in an email. It opened this way: “Men, I hope everyone is well and is staying in shape because we are going to out-work everyone we face this season, and it starts right now in the offseason.”

Again, every team in the NFL is working out, but this seems to be taking it a step further. The Raiders’ brass has to be thrilled. Once the lockout finally ends, this four-day camaraderie builder should give the Raiders a head start.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...r-raiders-camp

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made this today when I was bored. MS Paint for the win! Anyone can use it if they're desperate for a sig!