Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Draft Discussion

Discuss Picks here

Decided i would make this thread a day early. I will be here for every Bengals pick.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be on for tomorrow night, work till 9 on Friday. Can't wait.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be watching at my cousins house most likely...I had to take the early shift at work in order to watch the draft...I have to be at work at 4:45 am .....
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I will be watching at my cousins house most likely...I had to take the early shift at work in order to watch the draft...I have to be at work at 4:45 am .....
You get to watch the draft and you're complaining? Cut it out :D

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thursday night switch actually helps me. I'm normally gone with the old time slot, didn't know either 1st or 2nd round picks last year till I got home... That about killed me.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Yea it helps me out as well. I'm a postman so i work on saturday. Depending on what time the OSU spring game is over decides if i get to listen to any of the picks on saturday.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Consensus from all the experts is Gresham
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
I hope they're wrong. I want E. Thomas more than anything.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your big boards (realistic) looking like?

Mine:
1. Dez Bryant
2. Earl Thomas
3. Sergio Kindle
4. Mike Iupati
5. Brandon Graham
6. Maurkice Pouncey
7. DeMaryius Thomas
8. Jerry Hughes
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Well atleast it is not Taylor Mays :)

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
What are your big boards (realistic) looking like?

Mine:
1. Dez Bryant
2. Earl Thomas
3. Sergio Kindle
4. Mike Iupati
5. Brandon Graham
6. Maurkice Pouncey
7. DeMaryius Thomas
8. Jerry Hughes
1. Earl Thomas
2. Dez Bryant
3. Jermaine Gresham
4. Taylor Mays
5. Brandon Graham
6. DeMaryius Thomas

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm so confused on what to think with Gresham. If the team is going to use him I'm all about it. We all know how bad last year we could've used a solid pass catching TE. At the same time, with the emphasis on run blocking I don't want them to draft a guy that hardly plays because he can't block. If they're going to use him, I'm fine with it and if they take him in the 1st you would have to assume they'll be using him.

Saw some Marvin quotes talking about potentially trading back. If Bryant/Thomas aren't there I'm definitely not against it. Then just trade down and take BPA (potentially CB/DE/LB/OG).

Cannot freaking wait.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well all the rumors I've heard from "inside" sources are the pick is going to be Gresham.

I'm hoping me posting this ruins their draft plans and someone trades up to take him.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah, I thought it was strange to be hearing these Gresham rumors now... Granted, the same happened with Jackson last year to the Chiefs.

If they're going to use a TE in the passing game, I'm all for Gresham. Tired of seeing Coats and Foschi catching them.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Yeah, I thought it was strange to be hearing these Gresham rumors now... Granted, the same happened with Jackson last year to the Chiefs.

If they're going to use a TE in the passing game, I'm all for Gresham. Tired of seeing Coats and Foschi catching them.
I don't 100% buy them either. So much can happen in 20 picks. Players they have rated higher could fall, Gresham could get taken earlier (please!), etc.

The Jackson rumors had a lot more legs because the Chiefs had the 3rd pick and it was pretty much guaranteed he wasn't going 1 or 2.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Definitely agree on that. I could see the Joseph, Rivers and Hall picks coming from a mile away but never heard anything about it likely being the pick.

The thing is, with how Scott's mock I could see Thomas (PLEASE) or Kindle getting the nod.

I've just never been very sold that the coaching staff is that big on an impact TE. Granted, it was a glaring need last year but that was because we had no WR's outside of Chad for the majority of games. If you take Gresham here you're also basically giving up on a 3rd round pick from a year ago.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Definitely agree on that. I could see the Joseph, Rivers and Hall picks coming from a mile away but never heard anything about it likely being the pick.

The thing is, with how Scott's mock I could see Thomas (PLEASE) or Kindle getting the nod.

I've just never been very sold that the coaching staff is that big on an impact TE. Granted, it was a glaring need last year but that was because we had no WR's outside of Chad for the majority of games. If you take Gresham here you're also basically giving up on a 3rd round pick from a year ago.
I agree it would be pretty much giving up on Coffman.

Can't see them going from never using the tight end as a receiver, to having two tight ends who are receivers and not good blockers. Doesn't make sense to me. Doesn't mean it can't happen it just seems unlikely.

I want Earl Thomas bad.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thomas
Bryant
Kindle
Graham
Gresham
Old 04-22-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

LOL Jaguars that really helps the Bengals

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-22-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Woohooo... Eagles trade up and take Graham, still got a shot.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

So sad that Thomas is gone. Kindle will have to do. Really, as long as it's not Gresham, I'll be happy.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Looks like Bryant, Gresham or Kindle.

Gut says it Kindle
Old 04-22-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

******* balls.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Well I kinda had a feeling this was going to happen. I was shocked it still did with Dez Bryant still on the board though. But go back and look at my write up I did last week to explain why this would be the pick. This will help the offense out alot in the upcoming season. My gut feeling is the Bengals go Safety in the second tomorrow night.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hehe, well Palmer and I were both on Shane's Ustream chanting for Dez Bryant but low and behold we decided to pick up Gresham instead.

My initial reaction to this pick is that I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. The problem is we never really use tight end to pass-catch for us, however, spending the 21st pick on a pass-catching tight end kind of forces Marvin and Brat to build a play book that utilizes him.

Let's face it, the value was there for Gresham at 21. Now it's just a matter of the team utilizing him correctly.

Most importantly though, I'm glad that the signing of Antonio Bryant didn't allow the front office to ignore the offense another year. Our offense did some goods, especially in the running game, but the bottom line is that it ultimately failed. Spending the 21st pick on Gresham shows that we are committed to fixing the offense and more specifically the passing game.

As far as Chase Coffman goes, I don't know. Gresham is a better prospect all around and thus I don't know what will happen with Chase.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote