Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm just suprised theyve seemingly given up on Chase, especially after marvin came out and said that he had big expectations for this year.

I was hoping for Dez but I'm not mad about this pick. Hopefully he can block too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Yea I'm just suprised theyve seemingly given up on Chase, especially after marvin came out and said that he had big expectations for this year.

I was hoping for Dez but I'm not mad about this pick. Hopefully he can block too.
Yes, I think the only thing that makes me iffy about the Gresham pick is Coffman. If I can get over the Coffman pick I think this is a fantastic move for us, but it might be hard to forget about giving up a 3rd round pick last year (even though we did awesome in the rest of that draft).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post

Yea i am not real mad about this. I am just happy they did not take Taylor Mays.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Bryant was there and they passed makes me think they're ready to use him.

I was just so sure it would be Bryant given the times we expected a 'high character' guy and didn't get them, he obviously has the talent. We have a huge need for a pass catching TE, none of us can deny that.

I guess now really the success of the pick just hinges on ACTUALLY USING HIM. God knows there were plenty of times where if we had Gresham instead of Coats/Foschi the offense would've actually been productive.

My concern isn't talent, that's always nice. I just was sure Bryant would be the guy.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, anyone wanna take a sig bet on how long before he hits the IR?
Trade up and grab Kindle here. Dooo iiiiiitttt

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I told you so. The talk about the Bengals not going TE was bs, the logic was bs, and it all showed. When the player is good enough to contribute right away for a team that wants to win RIGHT AWAY you take him! You don't take a Safety or Linebacker to sit for a year when you want a guy that can start this year and elevate the team's play. GREAT pick, the only player I'd have accepted over Jermaine was Dez Bryant there.

We may be getting Sergio Kindle in the 2nd. It's not as far-fetched as it sounds. I expect a Cornerback and Safety tomorrow. Corner more so than Safety.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Well I told you so. The talk about the Bengals not going TE was bs, the logic was bs, and it all showed. When the player is good enough to contribute right away for a team that wants to win RIGHT AWAY you take him! You don't take a Safety or Linebacker to sit for a year when you want a guy that can start this year and elevate the team's play. GREAT pick, the only player I'd have accepted over Jermaine was Dez Bryant there.

We may be getting Sergio Kindle in the 2nd. It's not as far-fetched as it sounds. I expect a Cornerback and Safety tomorrow. Corner more so than Safety.
I have a feeling that will get Everson Griffen or Taylor Mays in the 2nd

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think Mays would be a good 2nd round pick. I'd prefer Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett. They are much better football players.
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
I don't even think Mays would be a good 2nd round pick. I'd prefer Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett. They are much better football players.
I tend to agree, but with Mike Zimmer I'd take Mays over Burnett. I'd say corner, Safety, and DL/OL/WR would be my expectations tomorrow. If a Linebacker falls, then hell yea. I'm already psyched though, the Bengals just got the player that can help them most in 2010 out of anyone in the entire draft (outside of Suh/McCoy).

Our 2010 team just got better and that's what fans need to realize. Who cares about Chase Coffman? Should we have an emotional attachment to a guy that can't block & hasn't played a snap for us let alone stayed healthy for the past year and a half? Coffman can still be used as a receiver, the Colts used to use Ben Utecht & Dallas Clark, but Gresham is an enormous talent upgrade. I couldn't be happier with the pick.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised you guys still felt you were going to grab Dez after signing Antonio Bryant. You don't think that would of been a bit much? I also don't think it would end up any other way then ugly with Antonio and Dez fighting for looks outside of Chad, because Antonio has already been vocal about getting the ball.

I kinda figured signing Antonio Bryant bought you guys a few years on taking a WR in the 1st round. Gresham is legit and helps in alot more ways, still has to work on his blocking and staying healthy, but man you guys sure have given Carson some weapons to utilize.

Hopefully Andre Smith steps up his play next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm surprised you guys still felt you were going to grab Dez after signing Antonio Bryant. You don't think that would of been a bit much? I also don't think it would end up any other way then ugly with Antonio and Dez fighting for looks outside of Chad, because Antonio has already been vocal about getting the ball.

I kinda figured signing Antonio Bryant bought you guys a few years on taking a WR in the 1st round. Gresham is legit and helps in alot more ways, still has to work on his blocking and staying healthy, but man you guys sure have given Carson some weapons to utilize.

Hopefully Andre Smith steps up his play next season.
Bryant was just such a massive talent sitting at 21, I think most of us feel that he was BPA. Even so though, Now that I've had time to think about it -- Gresham can start from day and make a huge impact, while Bryant would have to sit behind Ocho and Bryant and possibly even Caldwell for at least a year.

The other thing about this pick is it gives me a small glimmer of hope for Jerome Simpson or Matt Jones being productive. Clearly passing on Bryant showed faith in our current receivers.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm just not as confident in Antonio Bryant as some others. I think he can be a good player no doubt, but it's hard to pass up on someone like Dez Bryant. Sure, he has some concerns about his character but his talent is undeniable. I'll tell you one thing, I'm glad he didn't end up within the division.

Heck, maybe this does mean they have some confidence in what they can get outta some of the newer guys like Matt Jones, Andre Caldwell, and Simpson.

The other thing with Gresham is that I haven't really seen him to be much of a blocker. Sure, he has the size and ability to be good in that area with time, but there's still not guarantee he can even do it. I have faith in him, I'm not necessarily mad about the pick, and I hope he becomes a great player.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Now the question is who made the pick Brown or Lewis? I believe this is a Lewis pick just because if Brown was picking it would have been Bryant.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Now the question is who made the pick Brown or Lewis? I believe this is a Lewis pick just because if Brown was picking it would have been Bryant.
Yea it sounds like this was a Lewis pick. Thank God. I know you guys didn't expect the pick but you're going to absolutely love Jermaine Gresham. He's going to be the biggest instant impact rookie we've had since Odell Thurman, R.I.P. (might as well be).

Old 04-23-2010, 05:50 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree its going to be defense tonight. Safety for sure with our 2nd pick, then I really think their going to go either DE or DT BPA for our 3rd. Cornerback and OLB to be considered although I think we can pick up either of them in the 4th rounds. WR if the right one is there is a possibility also. I don't think we will see OL until much later.

2nd Round defense candidates:

Mays - S
N Allen - "
M Burett - "
M Wright - "
Chris Cook - CB
Brian Price - DT
Daryl Washington - OLB
Dunlop - DE

3rd Round candidates:

Jerome Murphy - CB
J Cunningham - DE
C Wooten - DE
Sapp - DE/OLB
C Mitchell - WR

3rd Round Comp:

Myron Lewis - CB
Chad Jones - S
Arthur Moats - OLB
Atkins - DT
Mike Williams - WR

Who Dey! Will be at a beer tasting event tonight with 3 other couples, TV will be on and it should be a fun night.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:26 AM    (permalink
AkiliSmith
Veteran

AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AkiliSmith is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second round big board:
1. Sergio Kindle
2. Arrelius Benn
3. Rodger Saffold
4. Golden Tate
5. Nate Allen
6. Vlad Ducasse
7. Morgan Burnett
8. Jon Asamoah
AkiliSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Yea it sounds like this was a Lewis pick. Thank God. I know you guys didn't expect the pick but you're going to absolutely love Jermaine Gresham. He's going to be the biggest instant impact rookie we've had since Odell Thurman, R.I.P. (might as well be).
Not that I didnt expect it, I just didnt want it with Bryant and Kindle there still.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-23-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Not that I didnt expect it, I just didnt want it with Bryant and Kindle there still.
I was just suprized that we pasted on Bryant. I take it Brown is giving up some of his power to Lewis now when it comes to drafting. I really did not have a care who we got as long we did not Taylor Mays in the 1st. Mays is still an option in the 2nd i would not mind him in the 2nd just because that would be good value at that point. I still want Gilyard love the kids work ethic and character.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

2nd will be too high for Mardy.
With guys like Benn, Tate and them still available, Mardy could easily fall to the 3rd.

Our 2nd rounder has to address the secondary.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Second round big board:
1. Sergio Kindle
2. Arrelius Benn
3. Rodger Saffold
4. Golden Tate
5. Nate Allen
6. Vlad Ducasse
7. Morgan Burnett
8. Jon Asamoah
I would go

1. Kindle

2. Saffold
3. Nate Allen
4. Vlad

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of our issues with Gresham is that we don't think he's talented.... It's that we aren't sure he'll be used correctly. I mean, I think we could all concede that a pass catching TE was the biggest need on the team but WR isn't far behind and many of us felt Bryant was the most talented.

Chad is only signed through 2011 and we need another premiere WR to take his spot, I just don't see him coming back.

Count me in as also not that sold on Antonio Bryant, I don't think he'll be Cole bad but I'm not sure he'll have a big impact. Not to mention Bryant's character concerns were nothing compared to other players Brown has pulled the trigger on.

I'm not against Gresham, I'm just against not taking Bryant. Last year I would've killed for a good pass catching TE. I just hope they utilize Gresham as he should be and he stays healthy.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Gresham's health is my biggest concern and his use under our offense.

Today is gonna make or break for our draft

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-23-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the pick was inevitable. We all had that feeling that Bryant would be there..I am so glad the Cowboys leaped in front of the Ravens and grabbed him...to have to play him and wish we took him and he kick our butt would have sucked year in and year out. Gresham will hopefully be a playmaker, and I think he will.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I'm not really worried about whether or not they'll be able to use Gresh correctly. He's the type of player that can make things happen in the passing game regardless of what type of routes hes running. I do hope they can be creative with him in the way OU was, but that prolly wont happen. I just hope their confidence in his potential as a blocker is legitimate because we already have a guy that can catch the ball with the best of em in Chase.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Gresham's health is my biggest concern and his use under our offense.

Today is gonna make or break for our draft
I disagree with the last statement. Yesterday made our draft. We nabbed the player in the draft that will get the most opportunity early for a team that needs to take advantage and win this season. Foschi -> Gresham was the biggest improvement you could possibly see. You're going to love this guy, from the first time I saw him during his freshman year I knew this was a special player and by his junior season he was my highest graded TE prospect of the decade.

I think the Bengals will be considering Nate Allen, Arrelious Benn, & Sergio Kindle in the 2nd Round, hoping they fall. If not, I think a Corner will be the pick.

Why anyone would rather have Kindle, a backup in 2010, over Jermaine Gresham is beyond me. There's no way Sergio can cover a guy like Gresham and there's no way he starts from Day One. He's a fit at SLB, a good blitzer, and a player with a good deal of physicality & pop... but he's a fairly large character risk. I would have loved Dez as well, but I like that we got a great worker that's going to contribute right away. Can't wait to see him in stripes. I hope they let him keep 18 as a TE, if not.. 88, 84?