Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-24-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe we haven't addressed safety yet. I do like how we've drafted aside from that though.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup and Miami beat us out for Reshad which breaks my heart.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not understand that at all.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briscoe is a solid pick. He has huge upside. We said we would get Carson his weapons and we are.

I would have gone FS, maybe we make a push for Sharper in FA?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prolly sayin goodbye to Simpson!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Prolly sayin goodbye to Simpson!
Ill chip in for his ticket home lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. I think it's safe to say that this is the year that Simpson either steps up or gets cut. Either way, I think we've added some great weapons to our offense and the competition to make the team is going to be epic.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

We absolutely should pursue the **** out of Darren Sharper now.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... I'd much rather dump Simpson than Cosby.

Chad/Bryant/Caldwell/Jones/Shipley/Cosby.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

How amazing would it be if we managed to sign Sharper?
Sorry the lack of drafting a FS makes me wanna sign a FA one sooo bad

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys will enjoy Muckelroy, guaranteed. He's a gamer, and I had full confidence he'd maky any team who picked him up. He's a tackling machine, diagnoses plays very well, measurables aren't off the charts but trust me when I say when the pads go on he's going to start hitting anything that moves. Your very deep at LB but he'll push someone, he can just play football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Yeah... I'd much rather dump Simpson than Cosby.

Chad/Bryant/Caldwell/Jones/Shipley/Cosby.
I have a feeling that this will be the case. The previous relationship between Cosby and Shipley certainly helps it lean that way as well. I think Cosby really helped his case last year with his productivity in the return game.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Cosby has too much value as a PR to cut.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Reggie Stephens is another big body that we'll most likely use in the interior OL. Aside from the lack of a S, I am really excited about our draft and can't wait to see what these guys can do.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cosby was the PR/Special Teams guy I had been begging for since PDub got hurt. He really helped the team a lot last year and he can contribute when needed as a receiver.

Wondering if they also plan on using Ghee at S in a pinch. Anything is better than watching the other team drag Tom Nelson 5 yards after contact.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only two problems with this draft are:

1) Safety, we've expressed a little disappointment in that. It's no secret that we needed help at the position if not a full time starter, and now we haven't fixed it really.

2) Kind of my sleeper disappointment, but I was hoping we would grab a RB in the 5th or 6th round. I really like our current three running backs, but we had a lot of trouble with injuries last year. If Marvin would man up and carry 4 running backs on the roster we wouldn't end up in situations where Cedric Benson literally has to take every single snap in a blow out because no one else can get back there.

Anyways, loving this draft overall.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

My thoughts are " Solid yet unspectacular ". The Bengals picked up some good players who can contribute well but I dont really see any pro bowl caliber players coming out of this draft. I certainly hope I'm wrong and they do shock us all. Someone brought up Peko earlier as a later round pick that has been very good but yet outside of Cinci has really flown under the radar. Thats kind of how I feel about these players. Alot of guys us as fans will think are superstars but around the league they will be just solid starters. This isn't a bad thing really.

Now as for how this draft will effect the players currently on the roster. Well I see Jerome Simpson getting cut unless he just shows up this year and dominates. Matt Jones may not make it through training camp either. I've got a feeling Rucker will be the first on the chopping block when it comes to the D-line. Fanene may go as well.

Dont be suprised to see the Bengals in the running for Blount as an undrafted free agent to bolster the backfield up a bit. I'm sure there will be a pretty long list of suiters for him at that kind of value. Outside of Blount I have to say the biggest fall from grace as an outstanding talent that just fell off the face of the earth would be Jevan Sneed. Here was a guy who was considered the best QB prospect outside of Bradford heading into last season and he ends up not even being drafted. Talking about a bad decision to come out a year early.....OUCH.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm really curious to see what happens with the WR's and DE's after this one. There is a luxury of having some versatile lineman but still, someone has to go.

I think Chad/Bryant/Cosby/Shipley/Caldwell are all safe, one other player will have to play their way on.

Also curious to see how TE shakes out. Can't see them just carrying Gresham/Coffman.

I'm really unsure of how DE will work. I think we have really good depth, just not big quality. Fanene and Rucker were great in the backup role last year. Michael Johnson has a ton of potential. Geathers is amazing vs. the run and Odom should be healthy. That's 6 players, something has to give.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

QB: 3
HB: 3
FB: 1
TE: 3
WR: 6 (Ocho, Bryant, Caldwell, Shipley, Briscoe & Cosby)
OT: 4
OG: 3
C: 2
Thats 25 on offense.

CB: 5
S: 4
OLB: 4
ILB: 3
DE: 6
DT: 4

Thats 51 on the roster. We carry less at TE and a few other spots i guess. Add Kicker and Huber and we get 53. Just need a spot for LS.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
QB: 3
HB: 3
FB: 1
TE: 3
WR: 6 (Ocho, Bryant, Caldwell, Shipley, Briscoe & Cosby)
OT: 4
OG: 3
C: 2
Thats 25 on offense.

CB: 5
S: 4
OLB: 4
ILB: 3
DE: 6
DT: 4

Thats 51 on the roster. We carry less at TE and a few other spots i guess. Add Kicker and Huber and we get 53. Just need a spot for LS.
Harris can be a TE in a pinch. I hope we don't resign kelley. I want Gresham forced into the starting spot no matter what. We should just have Gresham / Coffman / Harris (LS) at TE. If we need to do the overloaded or unbalanced lines again we can teach a couple back up linemen how to block out of the TE position.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

My guess they will trim some excess at WR, D-line, and possably secondary. Those seem to be the spots with extra players. Maybe an outside chance a linebacker as well.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I love having this problem lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Cosby has too much value as a PR to cut.
Jordan Shipley is a punt returner and a dangerous one at that
Old 04-24-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
Jordan Shipley is a punt returner and a dangerous one at that
Yeah, but why bother playing him there if we already have a good one in Cosby and we can reduce his risk of injury?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-24-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Yeah, but why bother playing him there if we already have a good one in Cosby and we can reduce his risk of injury?
If he is better at PR than Cosby then you play him there. Not like Shipley will be our #1 or #2 WR, at best he is the #3 and if he did get hurt we would still have guys like Caldwell or Cosby to fill into the #3 role.

And for the record I don't want Cosby to get cut because I think he has value as a slot WR and backup return man. Shipley is just a more dangerous return man in the punt game so I don't see why they wouldn't play him there. I'm sure they will have a good competition in TC. It also wouldn't surprise me if Cosby got cut if he lost the PR job