Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-16-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OL Kevin Barry

There are alot of threads on here that are not needed but this one I think should be talked about.

The Packers, with Kevin Barry nearly 100%, are shopping him around the league for draft picks. The Packers line was young last year, and he doesn't seem to fit in the plans anymore. Thoughts on what type of draft pick we could get for him???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Franks has developed into a good blocker and could probably be the U-71 type guy, plus we have other O-Lineman now. At the begining of last season I though Barry would start, but then he got hurt ofcourse. We should look at Houston and maybe get 7th-5th for him or KC who needed a lineman.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to hear that we're shopping him. I like Barry but we don't need him anymore. He could be a good starter somewhere else so we could likely get a 4th for him, but hat's just my guess about what he'd be worth.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

He doesnt fit in the ZBS and i think we cud get somethin good 4 him so i like it
Old 03-16-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Good to hear that we're shopping him. I like Barry but we don't need him anymore. He could be a good starter somewhere else so we could likely get a 4th for him, but hat's just my guess about what he'd be worth.
I would be very satisfied with a 4th

Old 03-16-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a 4th is probably wishful thinking, even though I like Barry he hasn't done alot lately. Obviously he doesn't fit our system anymore so trading him for any pick would be a good move at this point. Maybe a team like ATL who wants to get bigger on o-line will make a move for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linked
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=578343
Old 03-16-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

My best bet is he's worth a 6th rounder. He came in undrafted, and has started (according to NFL.com) 8 games in his 5-year career.

I put him as a sixth rounder because a guy like Tony Moll, a 5th rounder last year, has more value than Barry right now.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say at the most a 5th round pick.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 4th rounder?!?! Hahaha.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Since we like you we'll give to you for a 3rd. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
week 17....yes, so satifying....week 17...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have to agree with Bearsfan on this one. I think we might be able to squeeze a team out of a 6th but that probably would be stretching it too.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he starting capable? If so at what positions. Give me the 411, since Atlanta is one of the teams interested in him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Is he starting capable? If so at what positions. Give me the 411, since Atlanta is one of the teams interested in him.
I think he could be he just hasn't had much of a shot. RT is his best fit, no way he could play the left side. He seems like he could play gaurd, but in 05 he couldn't beat out Will Whitaker or Adrian Klemm so probably not. He was hurt all of last year, but I think he recovered fine. His strength is as a run blocker and we had a special package, U-71, for him when Sherman was there. I haven't seen him pass block much but I don't think it's terrible just not real good.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think he could be he just hasn't had much of a shot. RT is his best fit, no way he could play the left side. He seems like he could play gaurd, but in 05 he couldn't beat out Will Whitaker or Adrian Klemm so probably not. He was hurt all of last year, but I think he recovered fine. His strength is as a run blocker and we had a special package, U-71, for him when Sherman was there. I haven't seen him pass block much but I don't think it's terrible just not real good.
He could start at RT as long as he would return to the form that he was developing prior to the injury, but I'm sure once he gets the oppurunity somewhere he will play well b/c he'll put in the time needed to get there. Coaches have always described him as a work horse

Old 03-16-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

* note that Barry didn't start at G in '05 because Sherman really liked the U-71 formation and felt Barry was best as that extra TE. Fat lotta good that did.

I remember a lot of people being angry that he didn't get a chance to be a starter.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
* note that Barry didn't start at G in '05 because Sherman really liked the U-71 formation and felt Barry was best as that extra TE. Fat lotta good that did.

I remember a lot of people being angry that he didn't get a chance to be a starter.
Yeah I was one of them. I think he could but the reason you said doesn't make much sense. I have heard it before, but why wouldn't they keep him on the feild as much as possible if they liked him there. I don't even think those 2 are still in the league. The U-71 was nice, but if that was the real reason he sacrificed 90% of his possible playing time for one package.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I was one of them. I think he could but the reason you said doesn't make much sense. I have heard it before, but why wouldn't they keep him on the feild as much as possible if they liked him there. I don't even think those 2 are still in the league. The U-71 was nice, but if that was the real reason he sacrificed 90% of his possible playing time for one package.
Sherman was never good at judging players and where they could be utilized to their highest potential.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Just did some research:

Jul 14, 2005
Quote:
Barry hopes to be that guy, too, and to prove it, he dropped 15 pounds this off-season. Barry's weight ballooned as high as 350 last season and he wasn't nearly as effective in Green Bay's U-71 package as he was in 2003. But at 336 pounds, Barry looked good during the Packers' off-season minicamps. Because Barry has worked almost exclusively at right tackle throughout his career, the chance exists that he could start there and Tauscher could be kicked inside to guard.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=340473

Aug 9, 2005
Quote:
No move: The Packers are not inclined to move Kevin Barry into the lineup at tackle or guard, according to Beightol. "The reason is what we just did here at the end of practice," Beightol said Monday morning. "If you take Kevin Barry and put him in at tackle, you're not moving it 65 yards downfield in a critical, critical situation."
Operating against the No. 2 defense, the No. 1 offense killed all 7½ minutes off the clock with a 13-play, 65-yard drive. On the drive, Barry was at tight end in the "U-71" package.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=347011

Oct 9, 2005
Quote:
Clifton came out with the other starters for warm-ups and then gutted it out on a sprained left ankle, which he had suffered last Monday in the loss to Carolina. Had Clifton not played, Tauscher would have had to move to left tackle, Kevin Barry would have had to play right tackle and the Packers would have had to go without their favored "U-71" package.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index....9&format=print
Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Could I ask what the point of that was??? All the articles were a year or two ago and before the injury

Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Still though, why not have him at Guard and then move him to TE to run the U-71.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Could I ask what the point of that was??? All the articles were a year or two ago and before the injury

Context clues.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Context clues.
hmmmmm??????

Old 03-16-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Still though, why not have him at Guard and then move him to TE to run the U-71.
Who knows. Apparently Beightol (o-line coach) thought the best production would be with him as exclusively the TE. That and they probably didn't want to move Tauscher to guard, and conversely thought Barry was a much better tackle than guard.