Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions-Slappy View Post
Best, like the pick but why trade up for him, who else would grab him ahead of us?
Minnesota I would be guessing, I dunno if it was worth a 34+4th+7th they gave tho
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those were my favs & my mocked picks .... Suh then Best!! Very excited.

Way to go Detroit.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Best, like the pick but why trade up for him, who else would grab him ahead of us?
Not sure, maybe they wanted to get a break and not decide a pick at 5 pm tomorrow
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmb1114 View Post
Minnesota I would be guessing, I dunno if it was worth a 34+4th+7th they gave tho
I guess, since they lost Taylor this year the may need another RB, but if we gave 34, our 4th and a 7th I think we gave up too much.. no we have
no 4th, 5th or 6th round picks, with only our 3rd and 3 7th's left. I sure hope Mayhew knows what he is doing :)
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They were saying on NFL network we got Minny's 4th back as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

life is nothing but a dream, so peaceful and serene...
unless youre drafting tebow then youre on the devil's team...
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
They were saying on NFL network we got Minny's 4th back as well.
I'm pretty sure I heard that as well, makes sense for the Vikings to move up in 4, and we still have a 4th but I'm gonna bet that we move up somehow from there. I don't know why, just a gut feeling
Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

ok so we swaped 4th round picks with the Vikes, nowI dont mind the trade as much, Suh and Best, nice first day. from what I find here are the details on the trade..

Lions receive:

30th overall pick and select Jahvid Best
128th overall pick (Minnesota's fourth-rounder)

Vikings receive:

34th overall pick (Detroit's second-rounder)
100th overall pick (Detroit's fourth-rounder)
214th overall pick (Originally Cleveland's seventh-rounder)
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess, since they lost Taylor this year the may need another RB, but if we gave 34, our 4th and a 7th I think we gave up too much.. no we have
no 4th, 5th or 6th round picks, with only our 3rd and 3 7th's left. I sure hope Mayhew knows what he is doing :)
Well I think the Saint might of got it too, but they just swapped 4th's so it actually wasn't that bad of a deal.

Here is the Day One recap

1(002) DT / Ndamukong Suh / Nebraska
1(030) RB / Jahvid Best / California
3(066)
4(128)
7(213)
7(220)
7(255)
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lions gave up 100 and got back 128 also lions gave up a 7th so much better then i first thought
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, it just scrolled across on NFL network

Lions get
Vikings 1st rounder (Jahvid Best)
Vikings 4th rounder (#128)

Vikings get
Lions 2nd rounder (#34)
Lions 4th rounder (#100)
Lions 7th rounder (#214)

Basically we just moved back into the first, dropped down in the 4th, and gave up one of the million 7th rounders we have. Really good trade from my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

I totally agree, and as nmb1114 said the Vikings could have taken him since Chester Taylor left town
Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Best stays healthy then that price was next to nothing to pay
Old 04-22-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few things to keep in mind about Best is that he should make a instant impact and will prob get over 1,000 yards from scrimmage his rookie year. His speed could be killer in the dome. You can never have enough weapons for a young QB and the lions have greatly improved the depth at the skill positions
Old 04-22-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Detroit taking Best, figured you guys would wait but seeing you only gave up a 7th really, and didn't risk losing him, I love the move. He's a play-maker, he can really do some special things on the field and you have to love what the organization has put around Stafford and Calvin.

Best is a great fit with or without K Smith. Great start to the draft for you guys I felt, and I could also of easily seen Minny taking Best if they didn't like Clausen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving this draft so far. Best was the right pick, I love his game breaking speed and shiftiness.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I came to terms with Suh and was always content and happy with the pick I won't lie I am an Okung fanatic but Suh is a guy I liked. Best I don't I've been adimately anti-best for a while and I'll be prepared to eat crow because I'm the only person who doesn't like him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him, I just think that we didn't need to trade up...Also, does anyone realize what we could have gotten for 34 as well as the top of the 4th in a trade down? We could have picked up a 5th at the top of the 4th, but now we dont draft until late 4th...
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
I like him, I just think that we didn't need to trade up...Also, does anyone realize what we could have gotten for 34 as well as the top of the 4th in a trade down? We could have picked up a 5th at the top of the 4th, but now we dont draft until late 4th...
still got a 3rd round pick
Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I know we still have the 3rd, but we could have traded down tomorrow and picked up some extra picks in a deep draft. Same in the 4th.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Best can stay healthy, then this draft is already insanely good. CB/O-line/LB in round three would be oh so sweet.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it....hoping CB is addressed at 66. I like Jerome Murphy if he's there.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Have you guys looked at any highlights of Best? Dude is fast and shifty as hell.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys were supposed to do stupid **** like take Dez Bryant at #2. I'm very displeased with you. Bad Lions! Bad!

This whole Lions-not-acting-like-retards thing is depressing. It's going to take some getting used to. I miss Matt Millen.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the first round.. Hoping we can pick up a CB in Round 3 but it wouldn't completely ruin the draft for me if we didn't.

Random names I'd like to see us get in the rest of the draft:: Brandon Ghee, Jerome Murphy, Corey Wooton, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Kam Chancellor, Walter Thurmond, Myron Rolle, O'Brien Schofield, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Clifton Geathers, Brandon Lang, Perry Riley, Javier Arenas, anddd Lindsey Witten. Now, having said those names.. we're not gonna draft any of them.. Oh well, I definitely trust Mayhew.