Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
You guys were supposed to do stupid **** like take Dez Bryant at #2. I'm very displeased with you. Bad Lions! Bad!

This whole Lions-not-acting-like-retards thing is depressing. It's going to take some getting used to. I miss Matt Millen.

Get used to it, chump!

Mayhew for Dictator!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The day has finally come!!!!!

Suh and Best is what I think is going to happen.
don't question me :D hahhahahaha. It was pretty predictable anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
http://freep.com/article/20100421/SP...act-with-Lions

The title says it all, but I guess we'll see if its a smoke screen soon enough
SMOOOOOOOOOOKE SCREEEEEEEN

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't even care what our other picks are, mission accomplished. the rest is gravy.

best was best player left on our board and we couldn't take the chance of rams or somebody moving up to take him. i like that trade a lot.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i don't even care what our other picks are, mission accomplished. the rest is gravy.

best was best player left on our board and we couldn't take the chance of rams or somebody moving up to take him. i like that trade a lot.
I'm not a big fan of the trade (I didn't think we needed to trade up), the Rams would probably have taken a Roger Saffold rather than Best and we coulda kept our own 4th, and not drop 28 spots.... but I do like both players. So in: happy camper.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what's next guys? We still have a 3rd, 4th and three sevenths to play around with. Plenty of talent left, especially for the 3rd round pick.

Who do we get?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I'm not a big fan of the trade (I didn't think we needed to trade up), the Rams would probably have taken a Roger Saffold rather than Best and we coulda kept our own 4th, and not drop 28 spots.... but I do like both players. So in: happy camper.
Vikings claimed they got 4 other calls for pick #30 but decided to deal with Detroit based on where there picks were ... so it was not those teams who were left on the board (maybe NO?) but the unseen teams calling in to move up as well. The unseen teams were who Mayhew likely feared. If they had a CB targeted & Best (obviously) they were likely Wilson & McCourty. When thy were taken Best was all that was left & THE guy they wanted. So they maade it happen, I like that move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
So what's next guys? We still have a 3rd, 4th and three sevenths to play around with. Plenty of talent left, especially for the 3rd round pick.

Who do we get?
3)Ghee
4)K. Chancellor

3)Arenas
4)Stuckey

3)Misi
4)Lindley

3)Norwood
4)M. Rolle

3)Bowman
4)C. Chancellor (CB)

3)D. Butler
4)W. Thurmond

3)Spikes
4)Virgil

I could go on & on ...

7th round targets I like ... John Connor FB, Blair White WR, Chris Cook C, Shawn Lauvao G, Jonathon Amaya S, Arthur Moats OLB, Leigh Tiffin K, Mike McLaughlin ILB, Freddie Barnes WR, TJ Ward S, John Skelton QB, Kade Weston NT, Ryan Pugh C
Old 04-23-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

Disagree.

We still need to add protection for Stafford. I wouldn't say mission accomplished until we get a few OLs with potential. I'm hoping someone like Asamoah falls to us a third and then maybe we get one of those 6'7" maulers with one of our 7ths.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN's analysis of Okung wasn't too flattering.

Quote:
What he brings: Okung is not an elite athlete for a left-tackle prospect and his footwork needs improvement. Still, he is quick and agile enough to hold his own in pass protection at left tackle in the NFL. He's also a tough, nasty run-blocker who looks to put defenders on their backs. He proved to be a consistent performer and hard worker in college who will continue to improve his game at the NFL level.
Man, with that report he was considered a potential #2 pick? Granted its only one scouting report and shouldn't be taken as gospel but its not a glowing report for a guy who should be a franchise LT.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Article on drafting Best.

http://detnews.com/article/20100423/SPORTS0101/4230381

Quote:
"We felt like there were three running backs in this draft that we liked. The other two guys got drafted, and we felt we could move up there and get Jahvid Best, so we made that move. We wanted to get up there and get him."
Not shocking but interesting. I guess after Best, Spiller and Matthews they didnt seem much else at RB.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Disagree.

We still need to add protection for Stafford. I wouldn't say mission accomplished until we get a few OLs with potential. I'm hoping someone like Asamoah falls to us a third and then maybe we get one of those 6'7" maulers with one of our 7ths.
Disagree ...

We still have an unproven CB S, & OLB slot to fill on an already league worst defense from last year! (starters there are penciled in as J. Wade, M. Manuel & Z. Follett) At least Backus, Sims, Cherilus, Dom & Peterman have starting experience & are decent lineman.

I am almost certain with picks 3 & 4 (as they sit now) Detroit will address defense. CB, S & OLB ... 2 of those 3 positions.

Javier Arenas & Kam Chancellor would really improve the secondary & overal D with the other AWESOME additions from the off season.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Disagree ...

We still have an unproven CB S, & OLB slot to fill on an already league worst defense from last year! (starters there are penciled in as J. Wade, M. Manuel & Z. Follett) At least Backus, Sims, Cherilus, Dom & Peterman have starting experience & are decent lineman.

I am almost certain with picks 3 & 4 (as they sit now) Detroit will address defense. CB, S & OLB ... 2 of those 3 positions.

Javier Arenas & Kam Chancellor would really improve the secondary & overal D with the other AWESOME additions from the off season.
Gosder is in no way decent. The others are sure, but whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tweets from Lions players/draftees since the start of the draft.

@ndamukong_suh

# We are going to show #NFL what Lions Pride is all about. hope all my Husker family follows me to Detroit too.#lions #huskers #gbr #nfldraft 24 minutes ago via web

Good Morning @DetroitLionsNFL on my way to airport to meet my new family in Detroit. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for the great notes 27 minutes ago via web

Everyone check out my draft documentary on suh93.com the official site to ndamukong suh!!!!!!! #nfldraft #NYC 8:30 PM Apr 21st via Twitterrific

@ZakarianFollett
I'm pretty sure I called suh and best.. Mel kiper ain't got ish on me about 12 hours ago via Echofon

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Disagree.

CB is such a bigger need than OT. Gosder has been nothing special but he's still young and should be given some more time to develop. Luckily he plays a position (RT) which can be easily filled at a later date if need be. Plus John Jansen is a serviceable RT. We don't have two starting CB's, and decent CB's are much harder to find than decent RT's. Chris Houston is a borderline starting CB at that. Jonathan Wade, Eric King and the rest of the bunch are merely depth. We need another starting caliber CB in the worst of ways. I'm really hoping for Murphy or Ghee at 66.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 3: IMO it should be defense.

Cook, Ghee, Cox, Owusu-Ansah, Franks, Bowman, Donald Butler, Ducasse, Asamoah, Veldheer, Wootton.

Round 4: Open to a WR that falls (Cooper, Shipley, Price, etc)
I just want BPA here. Preferably at a Need that hasn't been addressed.

Any CB or other player listed in my Round 3, Ciron Black, Mike Johnson, Lauvao, Greg Hardy, Rennie Curran, Myron Rolle. Top of the board, no matter position.

Quote:
Disagree.

2 high impact starters is enough for me. The rest of this draft will just be about depth and competition. technically speaking though, we have our 2010 Oline starters already set. Picking Asamoah would just be picking a backup, whereas a CB would have potential to compete for one of the starting jobs. Donald Butler or a Bowman pick would add a high impact starter to our defense. However, I can see them waiting until the 7th and having a few favorites in mind at LB. I really hope our 7th Rounders don't have to make the team.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 04-23-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
yarcraft3
Rookie

yarcraft3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.yarcraft3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Couldn't be any happier with the Lions first day draft.
Wonder what numbers Suh and Best will end up with.... KVB has 93 if I can remember right.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Suh is wearing 90, dunno bout Best.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Predictions

Suh- 50 Tackles 3.5 Sacks 2 FF

Best- 180 Carries 840 Yards 4.66YPC 6 RushTD
30 Rec 320 Yards 4 RecTD

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-23-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Disagree ...

I know this might sound crazy but I could see us grabbing another DT simply because he might be the best guy available....maybe a guy like Troup, who the Lions brought in for a visit.

Jimmy boy loves to rotate his DTs and we could probably move Williams next yr if he rebounds in his return to a 4-3.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TheP1414

shane's stream is going online in a couple of minutes. last night was pretty sweet and had a half dozen lions fans in there. the forums go down every so often, but the ustream feed was solid all night yesterday.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-23-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet we'll trade back up into Round 2.. maybe our 3 and 4 for a 2nd and 5th or something. Hope we get a good CB.

I also wouldn't mind picking up an OL.. maybe John Jerry or Kyle Calloway, to take over for Gosder.

Last edited by WMD : 04-23-2010 at 04:30 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No man they gotta have a defensive player now - needs to be CB unless there is a LB that they love at their next pick
Old 04-23-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about our second next year and JP for a second this year? IDk, this is just a deep draft..
Old 04-23-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
I heard Suh is wearing 90, dunno bout Best.
Looks like Best will be wearing #44

http://www.detroitlionsstore.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=201&utm_source=lionshome &utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=draft
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best pick looking a little better now with dexter Mcluster going so high
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RUMOR - Avril to Dolphins for 5th

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote