Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timothy Toooooooooooonnnee!!!
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Tim Toone as Mr. Irrelevant, well it's Mr. Irrelevant.
You guys did a very solid job. Suh will make the defense much better right away. Best will improve the return game and give the Lions a big-play threat and can get 5-10 carries. Spievey should be able to start right away. Fox has the potential to develop into a left tackle if he stays healthy. Willie Young can make it as a situational pass rusher. The Lions can get 2-3 starters from this draft, but they can be impactful.
Disagree. Fox is a right tackle, but that's perfect to make Ghoster go away. I liked this pick a lot.

Suh/Best/Fox/Spievey could all start for us. That's four starters right there. Sweet.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Willie Young tied for the DL lead at the combine with a 38 inch vertical. He's also gonna be a 25 year old rookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mayock
]The Lions drafted another edge rusher in Willie Young of NC St. He's 6-5, 251, with 34 1/2-inch arms. He's high-hipped, but highly inconsistent. However, he's a natural bender who can accelerate of the edge and get to the QB.
I like the Jason Fox pick a lot.. and I'm indifferent to our Mr. Irrelephant. Never heard of the guy :( I was hoping for Blount or Brandon Lang.. but oh well.

Last edited by WMD : 04-24-2010 at 05:15 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Willie Young tied for the DL lead at the combine with a 38 inch vertical. He's also gonna be a 25 year old rookie.
Yeah Willie is going to be a sleeper pick could develop into a good situational player.

I like Tim Toone as well, set a bunch of different records for Weber State, I know its not a huge football school, but wouldn't be a bad 4th or 5th receiver.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add on the draft picks spent on Corey Williams, Rob Sims, Chris Houston and Shaun Hill and you can add 3 more starters and a solid backup QB with starting experience.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Donovon Warren now a UFA or did he get drafted? I'd like to see the Lions pick him up.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
So is Donovon Warren now a UFA or did he get drafted? I'd like to see the Lions pick him up.
It looks like he is a Jet now.

http://twitter.com/donovanwarren
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind, beaten to the punch.

and i love this draft. jason fox can push for the RT spot now and be groomed to become a clone of Jeff Backus in 2 years. Great value.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
GoBlue
Rookie

GoBlue hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.GoBlue hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
The day has finally come!!!!!

Suh and Best is what I think is going to happen.
You nailed it brother.
GoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

I like the Jason Fox pick a lot.. and I'm indifferent to our Mr. Irrelephant. Never heard of the guy :( I was hoping for Blount or Brandon Lang.. but oh well.
Blount must not have impressed the staff at the Senior Bowl like most thought. Probably for the best, but big, fast guys that people tend to bounce off of are always solid for depth. I thought he was going to be the irrelevant pick or Donovan Warren ... who .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
It looks like he is a Jet now.

http://twitter.com/donovanwarren
...... got some really bad information to come out as a Junior! What a dumb move, obviously should have stayed put for hsi senior year. Got the degree, another year to improve on the weaknesses etc ... good luck now making the Jets practice squad!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Add on the draft picks spent on Corey Williams, Rob Sims, Chris Houston and Shaun Hill and you can add 3 more starters and a solid backup QB with starting experience.
I include these with the Lions picks which make me think they did an even better job. Those are all starters for Detroit and huge upgrades, Detroit needed to hit on as many starters as they possibly could. Granted Hill isn't a starter, and Houston is average at best, but they were still needed. Sims and Williams both though are significant upgrades I believe to positions much needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not expecting too many UDFA's to come to Detroit at this point (after all if you can pick a situation my guess would be you go to a good team?) but this has been another excellent offseason, I just hope the results are good next year. That'd be nice.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as long as we pick outside of the top 5 next year then i won't be too disappointed. 6-10 range is alright since we'd have 4-5 wins at least.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I'm not expecting too many UDFA's to come to Detroit at this point (after all if you can pick a situation my guess would be you go to a good team?) but this has been another excellent offseason, I just hope the results are good next year. That'd be nice.
Not sure if this is accurate, but UDFA signings so far appear to be:

RB Aaron Higdon- (5'8" 190) Charleston
FB Matt Clapp- (6'2" 246) Oklahoma
WR Michael Moore-( 6'0" 207) Georgia
TE Richard Dickson - (6'2" 245) LSU
DT Robert Callaway - (6'5" 312) Saginaw Valley State
LB Ryan Stamper - (6'1" 235) Florida
CB Aaron Berry - (5'11" 180) Pittsburgh
LS Sam Scroggins - (6'5" 240) West Virginia State
DE Chima Ihekwoaba - (6'3" 260) Wilfrid Laurier (Tryout)

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2010/4...undrafted-free

I actually think that Ihekwoaba could make the team from his tryout. The guy is actually extremely athletic. At the CFL combine he had a 42.5" vertical, 4.37 short shuttle, and 10' broad jump.

EDIT: Just watched a highlight video of him, and he doesn't look nearly as explosive as those workout numbers would indicate.

Video I could find of some of the guys:

Aaron Higdon

Chima Ihekwoaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 04-25-2010 at 10:38 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stamper from UF could make the team and contribute. I'm glad to see Michael Moore get a chance he's a solid player nothing special though.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Higdon doesn't look too bad. He apparently led all NCAA RB's last year with a 9.9 YPC average. I doubt he ever ends up being a contributor as a RB, but from the highlight tape (not the best source, I know) he may be able to make the team as a kick/punt returner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote