Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still say sign Ryan Kalil and draft Carimi or Sherrod in the first.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webb was terrible early but he's look much better and borderline good. He's definitely going to be our starting RT next season and deserves it. Omiyale was the opposite and seemed to get worse. He's not a starting caliber player. Williams isnt a LG. He needs to kick back to LT. He cant be worse then Omiyale there. Kreutz played ok when the OGs played ok. Garza is running on fumes at best. He needs to go.

Our 2 biggest OL needs and overall team needs imo are LG and RG. Id like to see both of those addressed in FA. We can get starters there on the cheap and it opens up the draft for us to address WR/DL/CB

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would welcome picking Wis at 30. Kreutz has done great things for the team, but he's fallen off for some time. Carimi or even Castanzo would also work well. I highly doubt that Smith, Solder, or Sherrod will be around when we pick, but we might be in position to trade up, but only a few spots.
We are going up against BJ Raji, Ndamukong Suh and Kevin Williams six times a year, we need some quality players on the interior line to take on those guys. Wis, John Moffitt and another high upside guy like Will Rackley can make an impact.
Bust is right, in that there is no quick fix, however they can at least put a foundation in place, something I thought they would do years ago, but shows what I know.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Webb was terrible early but he's look much better and borderline good. He's definitely going to be our starting RT next season and deserves it. Omiyale was the opposite and seemed to get worse.
Sadly, PFF says that you're seeing things. Webb had one good game and one game where he graded out as average, but they were drowned out by games in which he was horrible. He ended up as the second worst right tackle in the NFL with bad run blocking, worse pass blocking, and a disturbing propensity for drawing penalties. Omiyale actually graded out better (but still bad).

RT was our worst OL position this season. Webb was also graded as the single worst player of the conference championship round. He allowed eight (!) pressures and failed to do any run blocking of significance. Eight pressures on one guy in one game is just amazing. It belongs in the Hall of Shame with stuff like Braylon Edwards' hands and Mario Mendoza's batting average.

Basically, the entire OL needs to be replaced in this order: RT, C, LT, RG, LG. That's how bad it is.

edit: It's not out of the realm of possibility that Webb's offseason will give him thinking time for things to "click," but it's not anything we should count on. He needs to compete for his job in training camp and not be given the benefit of the doubt. If he gets it all together, that's fantastic. If not, there are literally dozens of guys that could be freely signed and give us the same or better production for the league minimum.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-25-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st rd: Rodney Hudson C
2nd rd: Ben Ijalana OG
3rd rd: Jarvis Jenkins DT
4th rd: Korey Lindsey CB

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webb was ******* dreadful. You don't need a stats site to tell you that; just eyes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all true. All of it. Everyones points.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Its all true. All of it. Everyones points.
lol

The jist of it all seems to be: Our o-line is just awful. Just downright awful. We all have different ideas where amongst it we should/will end up addressing, but we are in unanimous agreement that is just just plain terrible all across the board.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:59 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
lol

The jist of it all seems to be: Our o-line is just awful. Just downright awful. We all have different ideas where amongst it we should/will end up addressing, but we are in unanimous agreement that is just just plain terrible all across the board.
I would love to see how everyone rates our OL 1-5. That would be comical. Who is the best stiff of the bunch? I bet everyone would have a different answer. I still don't know how I would rate them.

The problem is everyone here realizes we need 5 new offensive line starters and we only have 2 draft choices to get impact players. Maybe the first 3 rounds if lucky.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I would love to see how everyone rates our OL 1-5. That would be comical. Who is the best stiff of the bunch? I bet everyone would have a different answer. I still don't know how I would rate them.

The problem is everyone here realizes we need 5 new offensive line starters and we only have 2 draft choices to get impact players. Maybe the first 3 rounds if lucky.
Well, they're so bad that I wish every one would be replaced...so ranking them would be like sorting out piles of dog **** from smelliest to least smelliest...it just wouldn't be worth the effort.

Here is what I think the team will rank them though (for some reasons I've already mentioned):

1.) LT - Omiyele - Played barely capable at LT, which is more than can be said about him playing at any other position. He's a JA guy and the prized FA for 2 years ago...I bet JA looks at him starting with minimal effectiveness (again, more than can be said about any other position on the line) and decides to keep him starting.

2.) RT - Webb - Again, a JA guy as a late round "steal" who started with some minimal effectiveness at the end of the season. He's young and they'll probably play the "he'll get better" card and give him every chance to keep starting.

3.) LG - Williams - Another guy JA probably won't give up on yet, though I'd be a little less surprised if he did than the first two. He's just not good enough of a run blocker to be a guard and he's a little tall for it too...loses leverage and can get driven back easily vs. more stout DTs.

4.) RG - Garza - Only because he's still under contract I believe. Hopefully we draft/sign someone to replace him.

5.) C - Kreutz - He's a FA I truly hope we don't bring back and we have no other center capable player on the roster really....hopefully we address this good and early with someone who can hold down the spot for a good long while.

Then there's always the chance that instead of someone new, we plug in Lance Louis.....sigh.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be nice if we could bring in 5 new starters on the line.

I think Kreutz might get resigned... which I wouldn't have a problem with if we could get 2 new guards.

I think Williams needs to be tried at LT again early on... He played decent at LG, but that is a horrible investment. According to Monomach, LG was the best (of the worst) position on the line. (technically he listed LG as the last position that needs to be replaced... although they all needed to be replaced)

We're in such a crappy position, and really need some great drafts if we want to stay competitive for an extended period, because there are a lot of guys that need replacing within the next 2-3 years.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Just saw a mock where we got Carimi and Danny Watkins in the first two rounds. Jizzed in my pants, tbqh. Watkins is old, but the guy looks ready to start right now and should still be able to play for at least 5 years.

Carimi over Webb, Watkins over Garza, and signing Kalil over Kreutz = one side of the line instantly being mediocre at worst!

Last edited by Monomach : 01-26-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really impressed with Watkins. Stout and mean. Played LT in college and was actually the #4 overall pick in the CFL draft fwiw.

Ive always been impressed with Carimi and I totally think he can play on the left. Not every team has a freak athlete LT (see Chicago Bears) but everyone needs a solid, tough-guy workhorse thats knows the playbook. Id most certainly spend the #29 pick on him so he could beat out Franko.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

As much as I would LOVE to take at least 2 lineman in our top 4 picks, I'm not counting on it.

This is Jerry Angelo after all. He's taken just one first round OL in the past....many years....and otherwise only seems to draft late rounders at the position.

Maybe with as bad as they were early this year, he'll change course and pick a few...but I'm not betting on it. I've said time and again here that guys like Omiyele, Webb and maybe even Williams are "his" guys, and I think he'll make sure they have every chance to remain starters.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Carimi-Mankins-Kruetz-Watkins-Webb

It'd be so cool it makes me sad thinking about it. Not only cuz it won't happen, but that it still has Kruetz and Webb.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Carimi-Mankins-Kruetz-Watkins-Webb

It'd be so cool it makes me sad thinking about it. Not only cuz it won't happen, but that it still has Kruetz and Webb.
The line won't be fixed in a year. That will be true. I think Kreutz has another year of at least mediocre play left in him, so he can stay at center and just having the upgrade at the guard position will help the run game 10 fold. Concentrate on getting Forte the ball and move the pocket on PA roll out type packages with Cutler.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danny Watkins sounds like the kind of player we need on the inside.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
Danny Watkins sounds like the kind of player we need on the inside.
A 27 yr old rookie who doesn't have a lot of experience doesn't seem like something I would invest a high pick on. On paper at least.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
A 27 yr old rookie who doesn't have a lot of experience doesn't seem like something I would invest a high pick on. On paper at least.
You must not be paying attention to the Senior Bowl. He has absolutely beasted the competition and played with a nasty demeanor and outright aggressiveness that is highly coveted on the OL. Being 27 is nothing considered most OL play until their 35, so you would get 8 good years out of him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put me down for resigning Kruetz for 2 more years. He's still a decent starter (much better than either of our tackles) and he's super duper durable. It would also be nice to see him retire a Bear after his commitment to this franchise. We've got bigger fish to fry with our 1st round pick.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We also need to resign or franchise Danieal.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If Ryan Kerrigan slips into the bottom of the first round, would JA be smart to make him the pick in the first round?
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

He's not going to fall....a productive hard worker like that will get gobbled up in the teens at the latest I think.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not want Costanzo or Solder. That means we will take one of them with our 1st.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Do not want Costanzo or Solder. That means we will take one of them with our 1st.
Haven't wanted Castonzo since I watched Steven Friday rape him repeatedly. Didn't look like he had the feet for LT, and he even got beat on some power moves by a guy 50 pounds lighter....not what I want in a RT either.

Like you said, probably means we'll take him.