Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Anyone have any interest in signing Braylon Edwards?

*ducks*

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, he has a propensity for the big drop, but he's had a fair amount of success in his career too, and with vastly inferior quarterbacks.

I wouldn't be against James Jones either, actually.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Carimi in the first round, it is more likely that Tommie will end up getting cut. We might have to sign one more for depth purposes. The lack of a CBA will make things extremely complicated though regarding free agency.
I would go with:
Sign Matt Light to play left tackle, Malcom Floyd as a stop-gap big guy, Mike Patterson to play the run inside, Justin Blalock at left guard and Tim Hightower for 3rd down.
Drafting:
1- Gabe Carimi OT
2- Ben Ijalana OG/OT, (or Danny Watkins (trade up if you have to) (If they are taken, Marcus Cannon will work fine))
3- Jake Kirkpatrick C
4- Cedric Thornton DT
5- Caleb Schlauderaff OG
6- Craig Stevens OLB (might help on special teams)
7- DeQuin Evans DE (project pass rusher)
We might miss out on the best receivers this year, but next year is supposed to be loaded with those kind of receivers. Brian Quick from Appalachian State might be a fast riser.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 02-17-2011 at 05:35 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't bet, but I'd be absolutely willing to bet in this instance that we don't spend our top 3 picks on the o-line. It's an absolute pipe dream.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I don't bet, but I'd be absolutely willing to bet in this instance that we don't spend our top 3 picks on the o-line. It's an absolute pipe dream.
Quoted for Truth. Your draft is impossible for Jerry Angelo.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only are the first three being Oline unfathomable, but 4 of the first 5 rounds is...its just not happening. There are no more superlatives for that.

And our 7th was Harvey Unga.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some wishful thinking on my part. I forgot about Unga too, maybe we won't have to sign another running back if he can be the #2 guy.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've changed my tune on Pouncey. I think we'd be lucky to nab him.

Still Tyron Smith is my #1, however, with his weigh in, he's likely a top 15ish pick now.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone doubt that Mason Foster is a Chicago Bear by the end of April? I feel its a virtual certainty. I just hope its no sooner than the third round.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just heard a new name that PFW predicted the Bears will draft, Orlando Franklin.

I hope not.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
So I just heard a new name that PFW predicted the Bears will draft, Orlando Franklin.

I hope not.
There's not a lot that can be said for taking him in the first, but at least it'd be better than using the same pick on Pouncey.

Franklin is someone I'd love with our second rounder, for what it's worth.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Scott has us taking Luiget and Ijalana. **** that.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Scott has us taking Luiget and Ijalana. **** that.
Why? That's pretty much what I'm expecting.

And i like Ijalana.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ijalana. I don't see why everyone is so high on Liuget. He's never been a special player. He's a good not great player. I don't think he's a 1st rounder.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I like Ijalana. I don't see why everyone is so high on Liuget. He's never been a special player. He's a good not great player. I don't think he's a 1st rounder.
It's all in the potential. He has the raw material to be a disruptive interior pass rusher, and it's probably the #1 need on JA's list given his track record of investing in the position.

If we get him in the first and then manage to address our o-line with someone I like in Ijalana in the 2nd, I'll certainly be ok with it.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly couldn't imagine a better draft.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's all in the potential. He has the raw material to be a disruptive interior pass rusher, and it's probably the #1 need on JA's list given his track record of investing in the position.

If we get him in the first and then manage to address our o-line with someone I like in Ijalana in the 2nd, I'll certainly be ok with it.
That's the opposite of what I've seen. He's very good at shedding blocks and does well play 2 gap run D. He has good technique and uses his hands well. His athleticism is good but definitely not great. Good off the line and good closing speed. I think as a 1 gap 3 tech id have Paea and Nevis rated higher.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Get out of my head, regoob.

I don't see a whole lot to love about Liuget. I've never seen the stardom Lovies 3tech position demands. Drake Nevis, on the other hand, has it in the 2nd round. And Ijalana is completely meh, too. Like them, don't love them.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

1. Paea
2. Wisniewski
3. Lawrence Guy
4. Jalil Brown

Thoughts?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
1. Paea
2. Wisniewski
3. Lawrence Guy
4. Jalil Brown

Thoughts?
Paea's a DT I'd be ok with taking in the first, unlike Liuget. I can't imagine a scenario in which we manage to get Wiz in the second. He'll be long gone. Brown is ok. Spending a third on a guy who looks like a career backup at DT is the only pick that would make me rage, especially after we take a DT in the first. The team has a lot of needs. We can't be spending early picks on guys who just aren't good at football.

Of course, undervaluing and missing on an OL while reaching for a bad DL is pretty realistic, given our GM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Paea can play NT and Guy has starting potential.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We don't need a NT, we need someone who can get after the quarterback.

I don't see the logic in Paea over Liuget. Paea was pretty productive in college, but almost any scouting report I've read talks about his limited athleticism and lack of ability to penetrate. We don't need a 1-tech, we need a Tommie Harris circa 2004. Plus, there's the whole knee injury, which is what is pushing him out of the 1st round currently.

Not saying you have to love Liuget, I understand the skepticism there, but I'm an emphatic no to Paea in the 1st round.

EDIT: I see that Scott thinks he can pass-rush. Can't say I'm usually a big fan of Scott's prognostications, however.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-24-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
We don't need a NT, we need someone who can get after the quarterback.

I don't see the logic in Paea over Liuget. Paea was pretty productive in college, but almost any scouting report I've read talks about his limited athleticism and lack of ability to penetrate. We don't need a 1-tech, we need a Tommie Harris circa 2004. Plus, there's the whole knee injury, which is what is pushing him out of the 1st round currently.

Not saying you have to love Liuget, I understand the skepticism there, but I'm an emphatic no to Paea in the 1st round.

EDIT: I see that Scott thinks he can pass-rush. Can't say I'm usually a big fan of Scott's prognostications, however.
We definitely need a NT. A NT can pressure the QB as well. Paea is every bit the athlete Liuget is. Paea has been a much more productive pass rusher as well.

The only thing I see Liuget do better than Paea is play 2 gap run D. That wont help him with us.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Assuming Scott's mock plays out and guys like Carimini and Pouncey aren't available, I'd like to see a trade back that looks something like this:

Bears send 29th pick to the St. Louis Rams for the 45th and 78th picks.

Then we could do something like this:

45th- Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
62nd- Ben Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
78th- Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
93rd- Davon House, CB, New Mexico State

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-27-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Assuming Scott's mock plays out and guys like Carimini and Pouncey aren't available, I'd like to see a trade back that looks something like this:

Bears send 29th pick to the St. Louis Rams for the 45th and 78th picks.

Then we could do something like this:

45th- Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
62nd- Ben Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
78th- Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
93rd- Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
I hope we wouldnt take Carimi or Pouncey if they are there.