Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see any scenario where Danny Watkins falls to #45.

I would gladly take Watkins or Pouncey @ our pick in the first.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watkins is 27 years old. I think that's enough to make him fall out of the top 40.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Assuming Scott's mock plays out and guys like Carimini and Pouncey aren't available, I'd like to see a trade back that looks something like this:

Bears send 29th pick to the St. Louis Rams for the 45th and 78th picks.

Then we could do something like this:

45th- Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
62nd- Ben Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
78th- Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
93rd- Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
That would be a pretty good haul, assuming we do something in FA. Add Jared Gaither, Brandon Mebane, and call it an offseason. This would also allow us to do whatever the hell we wanted in rounds 4-6.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:31 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Watkins is 27 years old. I think that's enough to make him fall out of the top 40.
He is really fuking good though too.

The age is definitely a concern, but doesn't he make a ton of sense for a team like Indy who needs a quick fix on the OL?

I just can't see him falling that far.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
That would be a pretty good haul, assuming we do something in FA. Add Jared Gaither, Brandon Mebane, and call it an offseason. This would also allow us to do whatever the hell we wanted in rounds 4-6.
Only Gaither and Mebane huh.... That wont cost us to much.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Only Gaither and Mebane huh.... That wont cost us to much.
We should have a good amount of cap space once the new labor deal is agreed upon, no?
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Tice told Mike Pouncey "See you in training camp." He's getting some pub but 29 is the right place for him.

Also, does Tice not follow DeMaurice on twitter?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
We should have a good amount of cap space once the new labor deal is agreed upon, no?
Maybe, maybe not. Why would we won't to give Gaither $10 mil a yr to get hurt or just be above average? He's not an elite player and won't be worth the money he's paid.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
I guess Tice told Mike Pouncey "See you in training camp." He's getting some pub but 29 is the right place for him.

Also, does Tice not follow DeMaurice on twitter?
I hope I'm wrong about Pouncey if we do draft him. I guess since we never play out of the shotgun he won't be so bad. I've never seen a first round OG.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure you have, they just don't stand out.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Sure you have, they just don't stand out.
If you're a first rounder then you should stand out.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Well keep it fairly recent so: Steve Hutchinson, Logan Mankins, Ben Grubbs, Shaun Andrews, Davin Joseph all went first round. They all stand out.

edit: They just don't stand out on draft day since it sounds like a boring use of a first round pick.

Last edited by HeavyLeggedWaistBender : 03-31-2011 at 09:34 PM.
HeavyLeggedWaistBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Austin is having a stellar offseason and I'm hearing a lot of talk that he may not even make it out of the first round. He is a guy I could see the Bears grabbing at 29. If the year off has helped him mature (which it appears it has) then I would be fine with it because he has great abilities. I'd much rather have an offensive lineman but it is looking more likely every day that DT is the direction we'll go round one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Marvin Austin is having a stellar offseason and I'm hearing a lot of talk that he may not even make it out of the first round. He is a guy I could see the Bears grabbing at 29. If the year off has helped him mature (which it appears it has) then I would be fine with it because he has great abilities. I'd much rather have an offensive lineman but it is looking more likely every day that DT is the direction we'll go round one.
I was at the east west shrine game. He was a beast. All his teammates seemed to really like him. I'd rather go Paea in the 1st if we got DT but I could see it.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

A name that I don't hear mentioned often w/ the Bears, but is a realistic option is Phil Taylor.

Anyone have a strong opinion either way on him?

If Marinelli could get him motivated.. He could be pretty damn special.

I'd be more than happy w/ any of Liuget, Austin, or Phil Taylor if the OL class doesn't shake out well for us.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
A name that I don't hear mentioned often w/ the Bears, but is a realistic option is Phil Taylor.

I'd be more than happy w/ any of Liuget, Austin, or Phil Taylor if the OL class doesn't shake out well for us.
I don't see Lovie playing a 340 lb DT

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:

I dont think he's a realistic option at all. He's not athletic enough to play in our system.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

For the life of him, he doesn’t know why Corey Liuget hasn’t gotten more love in the weeks leading up to the draft. He calls Marcell Dareus the top talent at that position and then puts Liuget right in behind him. He believes there will be one team that doesn’t miss out on this, either, and Liuget will go higher than most anyone imagines.

“He is the next best 4-3 defensive tackle out there,” the scout said. “He’s as good as Gerald McCoy(notes) but for some reason he’s not getting the same exposure. He’s not far off from where Tommie Harris(notes) was with the Bears when he was healthy. Liuget is maybe stronger. This player is for real.”

We can probably cross Liuget off the list. He will be long gone, unfortunately.

Not really surprising, but he is really gaining steam. Would have loved him.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
For the life of him, he doesn’t know why Corey Liuget hasn’t gotten more love in the weeks leading up to the draft. He calls Marcell Dareus the top talent at that position and then puts Liuget right in behind him. He believes there will be one team that doesn’t miss out on this, either, and Liuget will go higher than most anyone imagines.

“He is the next best 4-3 defensive tackle out there,” the scout said. “He’s as good as Gerald McCoy(notes) but for some reason he’s not getting the same exposure. He’s not far off from where Tommie Harris(notes) was with the Bears when he was healthy. Liuget is maybe stronger. This player is for real.”

We can probably cross Liuget off the list. He will be long gone, unfortunately.

Not really surprising, but he is really gaining steam. Would have loved him.
Who said that?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I was the Packers and Bears for the 5 rounds in 5 days live mock draft that Shane helped host.

I got for you guys
1- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
2- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (FL)
5a- Brandon Fusco, G/C, Slippery Rock
5b- David Carter, DT, UCLA
5c- Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford

What do you guys think?

I moved up in round 1 to get Carimi cause OT's were going fast...same with Hankerson...value was good, but receivers started going fast. Had to unload a 3 and 4 but got a bunch of 5ths later. Thoughts?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Hey guys, I was the Packers and Bears for the 5 rounds in 5 days live mock draft that Shane helped host.

I got for you guys
1- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
2- Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (FL)
5a- Brandon Fusco, G/C, Slippery Rock
5b- David Carter, DT, UCLA
5c- Richard Sherman, CB, Stanford

What do you guys think?

I moved up in round 1 to get Carimi cause OT's were going fast...same with Hankerson...value was good, but receivers started going fast. Had to unload a 3 and 4 but got a bunch of 5ths later. Thoughts?
Id say you did pretty terrible. Thats why you dont trade up. I dont want Carimi if he's there at #29. Carimi struggles with speed just like Omiyale. If we move Webb to LT and keep Williams at LG then the Carimi pick could make sense but trading up for him was terrible. Trading up for Hankerson actually makes less sense. Our top 3 needs are at OG, UT and CB. You address those positions but not with guys that have a starting caliber grade.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Id say you did pretty terrible. Thats why you dont trade up. I dont want Carimi if he's there at #29. Carimi struggles with speed just like Omiyale. If we move Webb to LT and keep Williams at LG then the Carimi pick could make sense but trading up for him was terrible. Trading up for Hankerson actually makes less sense. Our top 3 needs are at OG, UT and CB. You address those positions but not with guys that have a starting caliber grade.
Ouch!
haha, honestly, I was excited about how I did for Chicago.
I went into the first round wanting Liuget, but he went to the Giants. After that, the tackles started going, and I wanted to make sure I grabbed a guy before Indy/Philly etc came up, so I had to move up.
Personally, I love Carimi. Think he'll be a long term starter at tackle, and I believe in him at LT. Worst case scenario is you're getting a beast at RT, though I think he can fit in on both sides. I have him as my #1 tackle in the class.

Second round, I wanted Nevis. He went to Philly, and there were no other UT's really available, so I turned to WR, which I think you're underrating as a need. Hankerson is awesome value, he has #1 potential, and to only have to swap a 4 for a 5 to make sure I got him was a bargain IMO.

I missed on Liuget and Nevis, but I still wanted to grab a UT. I think Carter is an awesome fit for you. He's underrated, I look for him to go in that range in real life. Same thing with Fusco, he's got starter potential.

As for corner, I knew it was a need, but I wasn't going to take a corner over OLine, DT, and WR, unless the value was awesome. That's why I waited on Sherman, who I love. Think he'll be awesome as a a cover 2 corner.

All in all, thought I did well, but my biggest regret was having to wait on DT. I do like Carter, but it would have been nice to grab someone earlier. Thanks for the feedback though, I understand your criticisms. Would you have preferred to be more aggressive and go get Liuget in round 1?
If I had stayed put the OT's would have been gone, Liuget gone, corners gone.... May have had to go after Ijalana or Watkins, or something.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have our share of problems, despite how far we got last year. I would be okay with Carimi or Watkins if we stayed put. Trading down a bit for Ijalana, or even Nevis, would also work for me. I also like Cedric Thornton as a small school sleeper at DT. Somehow, I think Fusco is going to get drafted a little earlier than he should be.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Carimi, but I hate that draft. We got one good player. Our receivers are fine.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Ouch!
haha, honestly, I was excited about how I did for Chicago.
I went into the first round wanting Liuget, but he went to the Giants. After that, the tackles started going, and I wanted to make sure I grabbed a guy before Indy/Philly etc came up, so I had to move up.
Personally, I love Carimi. Think he'll be a long term starter at tackle, and I believe in him at LT. Worst case scenario is you're getting a beast at RT, though I think he can fit in on both sides. I have him as my #1 tackle in the class.

Second round, I wanted Nevis. He went to Philly, and there were no other UT's really available, so I turned to WR, which I think you're underrating as a need. Hankerson is awesome value, he has #1 potential, and to only have to swap a 4 for a 5 to make sure I got him was a bargain IMO.

I missed on Liuget and Nevis, but I still wanted to grab a UT. I think Carter is an awesome fit for you. He's underrated, I look for him to go in that range in real life. Same thing with Fusco, he's got starter potential.

As for corner, I knew it was a need, but I wasn't going to take a corner over OLine, DT, and WR, unless the value was awesome. That's why I waited on Sherman, who I love. Think he'll be awesome as a a cover 2 corner.

All in all, thought I did well, but my biggest regret was having to wait on DT. I do like Carter, but it would have been nice to grab someone earlier. Thanks for the feedback though, I understand your criticisms. Would you have preferred to be more aggressive and go get Liuget in round 1?
If I had stayed put the OT's would have been gone, Liuget gone, corners gone.... May have had to go after Ijalana or Watkins, or something.
I like Carimi. Just not in our system. With Martz calling 7 step drops with 5 targets running routes Carimi is gonna get speed rushed to death. At LT or RT. I'd take Paea or Ijalana to play OG. I'd rather have Chris Williams at LT.

I'm a big fan of Hankerson and id love him in the 2nd but to give up a pick to get his is to much. We have WAY to many holes to be trading up once let alone twice.