Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I was just thinking how good Stephen Paea would be for you at 29. Everyone says you need O line help, which you do. But the more I think about it the more DT seems to me to be the biggest need after the release of Harris. Paea looks like what Rod likes in his Dt's. Quick, Strong as an Ox. The knee just has to check out.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Guys I was just thinking how good Stephen Paea would be for you at 29. Everyone says you need O line help, which you do. But the more I think about it the more DT seems to me to be the biggest need after the release of Harris. Paea looks like what Rod likes in his Dt's. Quick, Strong as an Ox. The knee just has to check out.
I definitely agree. I'm a huge fan of his.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how releasing a guy who played 10% of the snaps means that we need a first rounder to replace him while we don't have a single OL that could be called league-average.

That's some Jerry Angelo logic right there.

UT is a third round need. We need five OL starters. It does not make sense.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I love how releasing a guy who played 10% of the snaps means that we need a first rounder to replace him while we don't have a single OL that could be called league-average.

That's some Jerry Angelo logic right there.

UT is a third round need. We need five OL starters. It does not make sense.
Its not just Tommie. Melton showed flashes of great play but he was inconsistent. The UT position definitely warrants 1st consideration. If we move Williams back to OT then we don't go OT in the 1st. No OG would be better value.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
We needed a UT before we released Tommie. I don't think that had much to do with it, and I don't think most people are saying that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Assuming Scott's mock plays out and guys like Carimini and Pouncey aren't available, I'd like to see a trade back that looks something like this:

Bears send 29th pick to the St. Louis Rams for the 45th and 78th picks.

Then we could do something like this:

45th- Danny Watkins, G, Baylor
62nd- Ben Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
78th- Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
93rd- Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
I was rereading some of this thread and this would be a great offseason.

I have no idea why the experts don't kime Nevis. Kids a gamer. If he can be allowed to play at 285 he's gonna be a steal.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Does anyone want to have a team mock competition?

Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Wavy77
Rookie

Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I was rereading some of this thread and this would be a great offseason.

I have no idea why the experts don't kime Nevis. Kids a gamer. If he can be allowed to play at 285 he's gonna be a steal.

He's gained some weight, and on his pro day he was up to 298.

I like him as well. To me I'm ok with taking him in the 2nd round.
Wavy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy77 View Post
He's gained some weight, and on his pro day he was up to 298.

I like him as well. To me I'm ok with taking him in the 2nd round.
I prefer him at a lighter weight. He wasn't as dominant later in the season. He may have been adding weight then.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching a bit of Orlando Franklin recently ..

And the more I see the more I like.

I'd prefer him inside at guard however. It would be nice to grab him in the 2nd. His value is a bit all over the place though. His demeanor is something that Tice would like, I believe.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random mock:

1) Danny Watkins - OG - Baylor
2) Orlando Franklin - OT/OG - Miami
3) Jarvis Jenkins - DT - Clemson
4) Jalil Brown - CB - Colorado
5) Chris Culliver - DB - South Carolina
6) Nate Enderle - QB - Idaho
Old 04-15-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Random mock:

1) Danny Watkins - OG - Baylor
2) Orlando Franklin - OT/OG - Miami
3) Jarvis Jenkins - DT - Clemson
4) Jalil Brown - CB - Colorado
5) Chris Culliver - DB - South Carolina
6) Nate Enderle - QB - Idaho
Id be ok with that.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Im working on my mock and I love all my picks, except for our 1st rounder. I really hope we can trade down.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case you haven't seen it:

@SI_PeterKing
Peter King
RT @B_Toom_3: Any chance OT Gabe Carimi falls to the Packers at 32? ... Mike Tice loves him so much he'd adopt him. Bears pick 29th.
7 hours ago via TweetDeck

I highly doubt Carimi will drop to the 29th. Derek Sherrod screams Chris Williams to me. I don't really know what went wrong with Williams so that just leaves me with a queasy feeling about Sherrod.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Bears trade up, I think it will be for Carimi. Our 3rd round pick would get us up to 22nd. I know a lot of people wouldn't like that, but I could see it.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
In case you haven't seen it:

@SI_PeterKing
Peter King
RT @B_Toom_3: Any chance OT Gabe Carimi falls to the Packers at 32? ... Mike Tice loves him so much he'd adopt him. Bears pick 29th.
7 hours ago via TweetDeck

I highly doubt Carimi will drop to the 29th. Derek Sherrod screams Chris Williams to me. I don't really know what went wrong with Williams so that just leaves me with a queasy feeling about Sherrod.
Williams is soft. It's the reason why I liked Otah more, even though he had considerably less mobility.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If the Bears trade up, I think it will be for Carimi. Our 3rd round pick would get us up to 22nd. I know a lot of people wouldn't like that, but I could see it.
I have a feeling we move up in the second round instead of the first this year to grab the DT/OG we like.

It could be Marvin Austin or Paea if they don't go in the 1st.

Or someone like Orlando Franklin / Marcus Cannon.

Maybe even Jon Baldwin.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Our 2nd and 3rd round picks can move us to right around #48, which is about 14 spots. Pretty decent jump.

If Austin is still around at that time, I'd love that.

Maybe something like this:

#1 - Danny Watkins - OG - Baylor
#2 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC

or

#1 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
#2 - Jon Baldwin - WR - Pitt

or

#2 - Stephen Paea - DT - Oregon State

Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL : 04-21-2011 at 02:04 PM.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Our 2nd and 3rd round picks can move us to right around #48, which is about 14 spots. Pretty decent jump.

If Austin is still around at that time, I'd love that.

Maybe something like this:

#2 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC

or

#1 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
#2 - Jon Baldwin - WR - Pitt

or

#2 - Stephen Paea - DT - Oregon State
I'd go Watkins Paea.

I've never been a big fan of moving up.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell McClain is this years Matt Forte, guys. Hes the small school 3rd rounder we've fallen in love that we'll draft in round 2. Not hating on Forte, hes obviously very good, just saying. So you can bet the farm he'll be number 62.

OL or DB will be 29, which means if someone doesn't fall we're trading down. We're also moving Webb to LT (its the sort of right idea/bad move we've come so accustomed to with our offseasons. It's not impossible it doesn't work out, I know, heres hopin') Anyone who doesn't think it's happening is in complete denial. Also, Garza is our RG. So we're looking for a LG and or RT. My thoughts are that Williams will play whichever position we don't draft (meaning based on who falls to us, he'll play other spot.) Right now, any combo of Watkins/Franklin/Cannon/Baldwin and McClain would be stellar. And, yes, I think Jon Baldwin is a very serious possibility.

I hate speaking in such definitives but less than a week away is when I start to lose my draft-goggles that anythings possible. We all have a good idea of what this team does, good or bad.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Terrell McClain is this years Matt Forte, guys. Hes the small school 3rd rounder we've fallen in love that we'll draft in round 2. Not hating on Forte, hes obviously very good, just saying. So you can bet the farm he'll be number 62.

OL or DB will be 29, which means if someone doesn't fall we're trading down. We're also moving Webb to LT (its the sort of right idea/bad move we've come so accustomed to with our offseasons. It's not impossible it doesn't work out, I know, heres hopin') Anyone who doesn't think it's happening is in complete denial. Also, Garza is our RG. So we're looking for a LG and or RT. My thoughts are that Williams will play whichever position we don't draft (meaning based on who falls to us, he'll play other spot.) Right now, any combo of Watkins/Franklin/Cannon/Baldwin and McClain would be stellar. And, yes, I think Jon Baldwin is a very serious possibility.

I hate speaking in such definitives but less than a week away is when I start to lose my draft-goggles that anythings possible. We all have a good idea of what this team does, good or bad.
Ya McClain looks like a lock in the 2nd if he's there. I don't love it. I don't hate it.

I'm just crossing my fingers for a trade down.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

I get the feeling we end up w/ Austin. Just a feeling, nothing more.

Excited for the draft to almost be here..
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You seem him crying his eyes out face buried in his mamas bosom on ESPN? Dude seems like a nut case. If it was legit, its crazy. If it was an act, its crazy.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Derek Sherrod and Marvin Austin seem like the two most likely options, but who knows. It's a fools errand to expect much accuracy past the top 10-15 picks.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
You seem him crying his eyes out face buried in his mamas bosom on ESPN? Dude seems like a nut case. If it was legit, its crazy. If it was an act, its crazy.
I just watched it now that you brought it up.. Indeed awkward.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=639...goryid=2378529

He looks to be in great shape and makes a lot of sense..

Lovie Smith was at his pro day / greeted him.