Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-14-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thank you to Martez. Unless we make him a DE, and even then I don't want to draft a DE earlier than like round 5. AS a LB, I absolutely do not want him.

Honestly, I do want Liuget depending whos available and if we can get him in like the late 2nd (doubtful). I pretty much want all OL and maybe one or 2 DT/DB.

But we should get Sash in one of the later rounds. He's the perfect cover 2 SS and he's Jimmer Jamming. Plus, even if we don't start him, he would be orgasmic on STs his first year.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Craig Steltz much?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
But we should get Sash in one of the later rounds. He's the perfect cover 2 SS and he's Jimmer Jamming. Plus, even if we don't start him, he would be orgasmic on STs his first year.
Is that you, Lovie?

God knows we need a 7th strong safety on this team.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No thank you to Martez. Unless we make him a DE, and even then I don't want to draft a DE earlier than like round 5. AS a LB, I absolutely do not want him.

Honestly, I do want Liuget depending whos available and if we can get him in like the late 2nd (doubtful). I pretty much want all OL and maybe one or 2 DT/DB.

Liuget is far and away a first rounder. I think he goes right around #20.

You don't want a DE before round 5? It's one of the biggest needs on this team.

I'd like to see a draft like:

1 - Allen Bailey - DE - Miami
2 - Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida
3 - Marvin Austin - DT - UNC
Old 01-14-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I would personally hunt down and kill Jerry Angelo if that happened. Because we definitely need another oversided DE/UT tweener, an overrated NFL RT only, and a GROSSLY overrated DT. Ew Ew Ewww.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I would personally hunt down and kill Jerry Angelo if that happened. Because we definitely need another oversided DE/UT tweener, an overrated NFL RT only, and a GROSSLY overrated DT. Ew Ew Ewww.
I think all 3 could start next season.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think all 3 could start next season.

I'm uh....gonna go leave the thread for a bit and cool off, and come back when the rage subsides to inform you why I think you are incorrect.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Liuget is far and away a first rounder. I think he goes right around #20.

You don't want a DE before round 5? It's one of the biggest needs on this team.

I'd like to see a draft like:

Charles Barkley would shake his head and say "turrible" if he saw that. I'd just turn red and start punting puppies.

I'm thinking more like:

1- Gabe Carimi, RT/LT Wisconsin
2- Leonard Hankerson, WR Miami
3- Alex Linnenkohl, C Oregon State

...and DE is deep as can be on this team. Saying it's one of the biggest needs can only be trolling. It's about 10th on the list of positions of need. Peppers is the beast. Idonije is capable. Melton is ok.

Write this one down for the future: Corey Wootten is going to be a premier DE in this league.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-14-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

I just worked it out. Before drafting a DE, I want:

LT
RT
LG
RG
C
go-to WR
FS
UT
CB
another CB
MLB of the future
SLB
P
backup QB

Basically, I want a DE more than I want a fullback, kicker, or strong safety.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, DE is not a need. And certainly not first round, or even 2nd.

As for Liuget, I'm just secretly hoping he bombs his workouts because there's no way he falls past the first 5 or so picks in the 2nd at the latest. I wouldn't mind him in the late first, but depends on what OL is available.

And me saying Sash is just because I love me some Sash and he plays in a cover 2. We really don't need him. I just want the Bears to draft a player from Iowa, I don't care who.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-14-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea, DE is not a need. And certainly not first round, or even 2nd.

As for Liuget, I'm just secretly hoping he bombs his workouts because there's no way he falls past the first 5 or so picks in the 2nd at the latest. I wouldn't mind him in the late first, but depends on what OL is available.

And me saying Sash is just because I love me some Sash and he plays in a cover 2. We really don't need him. I just want the Bears to draft a player from Iowa, I don't care who.
We'll get Riley Reiff for you next year. Or Micah Hyde in two years.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
We'll get Riley Reiff for you next year. Or Micah Hyde in two years.
I....love you?

Actually, I'm hoping for Morris in 3 years to take over for Urlacher. Morris is the sekz.

But seriously, I basically just want us to take random types of OL all throughout the draft and see who sticks. Other positions we can at least make due with what we currently have.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is Gilbert overrated? I live in FL and watch every FL game. Usually more than once since they replay them on Sunday morning before the NFL games. He's a very good athlete who does everything well. Im very high on him. He's very similar to Derek Sherrod. I definitely think he's a 2nd rounder and may go before our 2nd round pick.

I dont like the Bailey pick and Id be ok with Austin.

Last edited by regoob2 : 01-14-2011 at 06:48 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Charles Barkley would shake his head and say "turrible" if he saw that. I'd just turn red and start punting puppies.

I'm thinking more like:

1- Gabe Carimi, RT/LT Wisconsin
2- Leonard Hankerson, WR Miami
3- Alex Linnenkohl, C Oregon State

...and DE is deep as can be on this team. Saying it's one of the biggest needs can only be trolling. It's about 10th on the list of positions of need. Peppers is the beast. Idonije is capable. Melton is ok.

Write this one down for the future: Corey Wootten is going to be a premier DE in this league.
Carimi is not a LT. Definitely not in a Martz offense. He's really overrated. Hankerson isnt really a good fit for the system with his lack of speed. Linnenkohl also isnt a good fit and isnt very physical. Very athletic though. He's more of a ZBS guy.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Carimi is not a LT. Definitely not in a Martz offense. He's really overrated. Hankerson isnt really a good fit for the system with his lack of speed. Linnenkohl also isnt a good fit and isnt very physical. Very athletic though. He's more of a ZBS guy.
I really like Gilbert as well.

I agree Carimi is not even close to a LT. I think he plays inside in the NFL.

I like Hankerson, but he is nowhere near a #1 in the NFL, and if we are going for wideout early - I think he has to have superstar potential.

I like Bailey more than most. I am kinda surprised people don't think DE is a need. This entire defense is based off the front four. We have Peppers locked up longterm - I think it's imperative to find another impact DE on the other side if this team is a legit superbowl contender.

I'll be honest - I see Peppers and a whole lot of nothing on the DL. I like Izzy and think he would be a great #3 DE, but I think we can do better.

I hate pretty much everything we have inside. We have nice guys with motors, but no impact players inside.

The defensive line could be majorly upgraded.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
I really like Gilbert as well.

I agree Carimi is not even close to a LT. I think he plays inside in the NFL.

I like Hankerson, but he is nowhere near a #1 in the NFL, and if we are going for wideout early - I think he has to have superstar potential.

I like Bailey more than most. I am kinda surprised people don't think DE is a need. This entire defense is based off the front four. We have Peppers locked up longterm - I think it's imperative to find another impact DE on the other side if this team is a legit superbowl contender.

I'll be honest - I see Peppers and a whole lot of nothing on the DL. I like Izzy and think he would be a great #3 DE, but I think we can do better.

I hate pretty much everything we have inside. We have nice guys with motors, but no impact players inside.

The defensive line could be majorly upgraded.
I agree that the DE position should at least be looked at. Id be happy if we took a DE and if we didnt. Izzy isnt getting any younger and we could use a developmental guy to contribute 3 years from now.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I agree that the DE position should at least be looked at. Id be happy if we took a DE and if we didnt. Izzy isnt getting any younger and we could use a developmental guy to contribute 3 years from now.
Corey Wootton?

Are both Sidney Rice and Tramon Williams FA this offseason? I would really like to steal those guys away. Then we could focus on the OL and finding a DT in the draft.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
Corey Wootton?

Are both Sidney Rice and Tramon Williams FA this offseason? I would really like to steal those guys away. Then we could focus on the OL and finding a DT in the draft.
I really like Wootton but we could use a 4th who could become our #3 in a few years. Not the biggest need but could be addressed.

Tramon resigned.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I really like Wootton but we could use a 4th who could become our #3 in a few years. Not the biggest need but could be addressed.

Tramon resigned.
I wouldn't mind DE, but like I said earlier not until the 5th. Maybe the 4th like you said, depending on who it is.

But we do not need to use one of our top 3 picks on a DE unless one of the first round talents gets caught with a tranny hooker right before the draft and falls to the late 2nd or 3rd.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-17-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current (realistic) wishlist:

1st round- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

I like he or Castonzo. Carimi has more of an injury history but greater upside. I like Castonzo's intangibles but he's probably pretty limited in terms of athletic ability. Went with the Big Ten kid.

2nd round- Ben Ijalana, G, Villanova

Jerry has had good luck with small school prospects in the 2nd round before, and Ijalana would fill a big need inside. I could see Demarcus Love here too, as his stock will drop when people begin to seriously question his ability to play outside in the NFL.

3rd round- Davon House, cornerback, New Mexico State

This isn't a great draft for cornerbacks, but I'm a fan of House. New Mexico State is a terrible program, but not because of him. He's a physical corner with ball skills which is perfect for our system. Tim Jennings had a nice game against the Seahawks, but could always be replaced.

4th round- Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

Two simple reasons for this pick:

1) I have a heart attack everytime Cutler is hit.
2) Dalton is an ideal project for Martz. Extremely smart, good leader, good athleticism.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'd be ok with that draft. Carimi's LT ability can be questioned, but he can probably upgrade Omiyele and would definitely fit at RT.

I agree that Dalton is a good fit for Mike Martz. He's accurate too, which is another bonus in the Martz offense. There is definitely some young Marc Bulger in him, and anyone is better backing up Cutler than Todd F. Collins. (Take a guess what the F stands for.)
Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind a WR if the value is there, but those are our 3 biggest needs.

As far as the positional outlook goes:

QB - Pretty set here. I'd only take one if the value is there (51 mentioned Dalton)

RB - Solid depth and with a competent OL Forte and Taylor would be quality backs with quality stats.

WR - There is no true #1 receiver, but I'm a firm believer that if you shore up the OL this group would be fine. When Jay has had time they've been able to get open and make plays.

TE - Good depth here as well. Clark probably won't be around next year, but Olsen and Davis have high upside. Not a real need here either.

OL - As a unit they've progressed, but we still have weaknesses and need upgrades...bad. Best OL prospect available in Round 1 or 2?

OT - Omiyale and Webb have been decent as of late, but I'm not sold on them as long term answers right now.

OG - Williams may be the answer at LG, but Garza is old as balls and we need a replacement. Louis has nice potential, but we need to solidify this position.

C - Yeah, we need a Center. Kruetz has had another mediocre season and doesn't have anything left in the tank.

--------------

DE - Peppers, Wooton and Izzy make for a solid trio. It'd be nice to get another pass rusher, but I don't see it as a huge need right now.

DT - I see DT as a bigger need than DE. We lack that 'impact player' in the middle that would make our defense even better.

LB - BPA if it's available, but this position is pretty low on my needs list. Briggs and Urlacher are still playing at a high level and even if we lose Pisa I like Nick Roach and Brian Iwuh.

Safety - While not a major strength I don't see it as a weakness either. The unit is strong against the run and not a complete liability in pass coverage. A strong pass rush covers up their deficiencies hence why DT is more important IMO.

CB - Peanut is getting old and I don't know if Jennings is the answer on the other side. Josh Moore may be something if he develops and we still have Bowman, but it'd be nice to get a man-cover-corner prospect that isn't strictly handcuffed to zone coverage.

---------------

K - There is no replacement for the sex that is Robbie Gould.

P - I thought Maynard was falling off, but lately he's been really good. He's not what he used to be though and it might be worth a look in the later rounds for a developmental Punter.

KR/PR - Unless Hester is gone next year this position is fairly set as well.

--------------

I'm a little slow on the prospects in this draft, but right now my biggest needs are:

- OL (any one of the positions)
- DT
- CB

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be ok with that draft. Carimi's LT ability can be questioned, but he can probably upgrade Omiyele and would definitely fit at RT.

I agree that Dalton is a good fit for Mike Martz. He's accurate too, which is another bonus in the Martz offense. There is definitely some young Marc Bulger in him, and anyone is better backing up Cutler than Todd F. Collins. (Take a guess what the F stands for.)
I'm still on the Hanie bandwagon. We should have been able to see his skills in the Giants and Panthers games if Lovie wasn't a dumbass. I know he was coming off an injury, but Todd Collins made my head hurt and that's saying considering our QB's over the years. At least Hanie would've been able to move the ball.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
1. Carimi is a possible future LT. At the moment, he looks like a pro-bowl RT. Since we have the second worst RT in the league, doesn't that sound a little useful?

2. What system? We don't even run Mike Martz's offense anymore. Not a fit? Then Earl Bennett isn't, either. Are only speedy guys with major flaws good for the "system" that already sucked and got replaced with something entirely new? Would Brandon Marshall be a bad fit? Jay Cutler is never going to look like the pro-bowl qb he is without a physical receiver who can win a fight over a jump ball. He's just not the guy who surgically picks a team apart. Until we get a receivers that is his type of guy, we're jamming a square peg into a round hole. What Cutler needs is Earl Bennett in the slot working against linebackers, Johnny Knox on the outside running his deep routes, and a big guy who can beat corners on jump balls across from him.

3. Every time I've seen Linnenkohl play, he's gotten excellent push in the run game and has been solid in pass protection. He gets to the second level when run blocking. Weak guys don't do that. Sounds like you're automatically underrating his strength just because he is a fast guy with good feet.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Saw a mock that gave us Mason Foster in the 2nd round....while that is far from the top of our needs list, it would be sick as hell. I think he's going to be a beast...possibly Lance Briggs 2.0 wherever he ends up. I think it was Babylon who said that if Foster played in the SEC, he'd be a first rounder. Still might be if he tests well all off season.