Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-21-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you guys feel about Corey Liuget in the late first?
I personally love the idea, A I think Liuget will be a stud and B I would be tickled that we drafted a guy from Illinois to Chicago.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
1. Carimi is a possible future LT. At the moment, he looks like a pro-bowl RT. Since we have the second worst RT in the league, doesn't that sound a little useful?

2. What system? We don't even run Mike Martz's offense anymore. Not a fit? Then Earl Bennett isn't, either. Are only speedy guys with major flaws good for the "system" that already sucked and got replaced with something entirely new? Would Brandon Marshall be a bad fit? Jay Cutler is never going to look like the pro-bowl qb he is without a physical receiver who can win a fight over a jump ball. He's just not the guy who surgically picks a team apart. Until we get a receivers that is his type of guy, we're jamming a square peg into a round hole. What Cutler needs is Earl Bennett in the slot working against linebackers, Johnny Knox on the outside running his deep routes, and a big guy who can beat corners on jump balls across from him.

3. Every time I've seen Linnenkohl play, he's gotten excellent push in the run game and has been solid in pass protection. He gets to the second level when run blocking. Weak guys don't do that. Sounds like you're automatically underrating his strength just because he is a fast guy with good feet.
Wow are you overrating Carimi and Hankerson. Carimi isnt a LT and definitely not a pro bowl RT. He's a good solid starting RT. Thats it. Hankerson is a nice looking player but he looked terrible in that bowl game. Thats hard to get out of my head. Ive seen Linnenkohl play a few times and he's not very strong. Its obvious on tape.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Saw a mock that gave us Mason Foster in the 2nd round....while that is far from the top of our needs list, it would be sick as hell. I think he's going to be a beast...possibly Lance Briggs 2.0 wherever he ends up. I think it was Babylon who said that if Foster played in the SEC, he'd be a first rounder. Still might be if he tests well all off season.
He's a good fit for a 1 gap scheme but he isnt physical and takes a lot of really poor angles. I think he's more of a mid-rounder. Foster plays on the same team as Jake Locker so its not like Washington wasnt getting attention.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need to find a gem CB in the offseason.

I like both Brandon Harris & Aaron Williams, but have a hard time justifying selecting one of them with the OL and DL needs.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
How would you guys feel about Corey Liuget in the late first?
I personally love the idea, A I think Liuget will be a stud and B I would be tickled that we drafted a guy from Illinois to Chicago.
Liuget is an absolute animal and probably the most underrated player in this class. Ask some of the other B10 fans on this board and they will tell you.

Scott has him going #19 overall to the Giants at the moment. I don't think he falls to the very end of the first with his athleticism.

He would be a real man child inside.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todays game has me feeling the same way. Brandon Harris is also imo a better corner than the tackles that will be available are tackles.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You simply can't justify taking a first round cornerback with this defensive scheme.

I'd rather take a pass rusher in the first (preferably an UT), that would automatically improve our secondary.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aye, today was more evidence that our secondary cannot hold up vs. the quick passing attack. Our pass rush was getting to Rodgers when he held the ball for more than a second, but we need some more athletic DBs who can stick in close coverage without getting PI called.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically, our secondary is Danieal Manning and "some guys."

In case anyone was wondering, Manning finished the season as Pro Football Focus' #6 ranked safety in the NFL. He allowed a QB rating of under 60 in his zone...Completion rating of 55%. No touchdowns allowed. So, yeah...Of course we'll let him walk and start Major Wright at SS or something.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree about no CB in the first, though. Not unless Lovie is miraculously out and we move to a more man-to-man system.

In the mock forum, some Bears fan I never see in here keeps asking for Pouncey in the first. I'd ******* kill someone if that happened.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-23-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So pick number 30. You think Tyron Smith is there?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
So pick number 30. You think Tyron Smith is there?
I think he'll workout well and raise his stock out of our range...especially in a year with no clear cut top tackle.

Hopefully Sherrod is there. Wouldn't mind him being able to step in right away.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Probably. But sometimes the workout warrior hype train circles its way back to the players real value. A little hope.

Also, I am super psyched all these top senior O-linemen are playing in Mobile this week!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

I'll tell you right now I was wrong about Carimi. I am coming around. His feet are a lot better than I thought.

Solder looks a lot more impressive than I originally thought as well.

And Titus Young looked incredible today.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are about 5 tackles that are late-1st worthy. We need to select one of them.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
And Titus Young looked incredible today.
We draft another small, fast WR and I might have to hunt down and slay JA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There are about 5 tackles that are late-1st worthy. We need to select one of them.
I assume you mean offensive tackles...and I'm not entirely sure we take one. JA might not want to give up on Omiyele yet, and he might stick with Webb at RT to try and make him into a "late round steal" type.

I think it's far more likely that we take an interior lineman early, possibly a center given that Kreutz is a free agent and hasn't been that good for a few seasons. We're probably stuck with Chris Williams at LG unless we want to admit that mistake as well...so I think we most likely see any pick invested in the o-line be at C or RG.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

I am not advocating drafting Young. Just noting that he looked very impressive.

I like Solder a lot better than I did a week ago.

6'8" with those arms and feet? I wonder how high he will go..
Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could anyone even possibly question that our tackles were the biggest weakness on our team this year?

Old 01-25-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
How could anyone even possibly question that our tackles were the biggest weakness on our team this year?
The worst part is there is no quick fix.

The starting 5 was shuffled like a deck of cards this season. It's a mess. I have a lot of faith in Tice however.

Does Webb have a future at all?
Can Omiyale move back to RT? Or back inside?
Where is Chris Williams future at?
Kreutz?
Garza?

It's a real mess. Assume we draft Tyron Smith and plug him in at LT. What is going to be around him? I seriously have no clue.

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Chris Williams (I'd prefer a better run blocker here)
C - Kreutz
RG - Garza
RT - Omiyale

Is that it?

I think it's even more confusing if you draft someone like Pouncey in the first.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'd be all for taking a tackle, but Omiyele has been useless everywhere except for LT, where he was slightly less useless. I just don't know if JA admits that mistake yet. Same for Williams.

I hope we draft a tackle...but I think a C or RG is more likely, and knowing how JA usually handles things, it will be the only o-lineman we take in the first 4 rounds.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
The worst part is there is no quick fix.

The starting 5 was shuffled like a deck of cards this season. It's a mess. I have a lot of faith in Tice however.

Does Webb have a future at all?
Can Omiyale move back to RT? Or back inside?
Where is Chris Williams future at?
Kreutz?
Garza?

It's a real mess. Assume we draft Tyron Smith and plug him in at LT. What is going to be around him? I seriously have no clue.

LT - Tyron Smith
LG - Chris Williams (I'd prefer a better run blocker here)
C - Kreutz
RG - Garza
RT - Omiyale

Is that it?

I think it's even more confusing if you draft someone like Pouncey in the first.
Omiyele was HORRIBLE at everywhere but LT. He's a pathetic run blocker....Kreutz is also a FA I hope to hell we don't bring back. A right side of the line going Kreutz-Garza-Omiyele would be the weakest run blocking unit in the history of the sport..

And we just might try and stick with Webb. He was the token JA late round development type that we threw to the fire when everyone else proved to be garbage. I bet he ends up getting a chance to keep his starting job next year.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

I am not denying any of that. But, if you draft a LT (which we should)

Then what in the world do you do with Omiyale and the 4 other stiffs?

Because, as you said, Omiyale fits no where.

Can Chris Williams potentially play center? A 6'7 Center? I don't think he's a guard.

Round 1 - LT
Round 2 - Rodney Hudson / interior OL

Last edited by BUSTKUNTLAWL : 01-25-2011 at 06:48 PM.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Both were a huge liability last year. Personally I think Webb was worse, but both were bad.

Draft a tackle in the 1st round and figure out the depth chart later.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say start in the middle, get a center to build the line around.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I say start in the middle, get a center to build the line around.
With Kreutz on his way out and hopefully not coming back, and no other center capable player on the roster, it's definitely a logical direction to go in.

Wisniewski would be a good pick at 30, his value seems to be right around there, if not higher.