Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-21-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Giantsnation, If you were the GM and in charge of the NY Giants draft would you trade up into the top 10? who would you select? Who would you target? Why?
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'd jump all over Pouncey in round 2 if he was there.

That would be GREAT! I seen him constantly at the 2nd level run blocking with some bad intent! I really like his physical makeup and tenacity!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
Giantsnation, If you were the GM and in charge of the NY Giants draft would you trade up into the top 10? who would you select? Who would you target? Why?
i wouldn't in this draft. last year my pipe dream was mortgage everything for Suh...totally unrealistic of course.
this year, eh. there are no real studs at positions we need. Yea, i'd pop a chub for Peterson, but there are no top 10 tackles for us, or studly linebackers. There are a million top DEs which right now, i would definately not trade up top 10 for one given our situation of the best DE rotation in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

scottyboy, Not Fairly?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i wouldn't in this draft. last year my pipe dream was mortgage everything for Suh...totally unrealistic of course.
this year, eh. there are no real studs at positions we need. Yea, i'd pop a chub for Peterson, but there are no top 10 tackles for us, or studly linebackers. There are a million top DEs which right now, i would definately not trade up top 10 for one given our situation of the best DE rotation in the league.

Yeah man! If we would pulled the Cofield trade I would of been all of for it! Make a good package deal and maybe even throw Sintim in there. I feel we need A GAME CHANGER, A BLUE CHIP player...I feel we have one of the most balanced rosters in the entire league, with good to above average players across the board, but we are lacking GAME CHANGERS...

I'll target Fairley and Peterson.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley is the only player I'd give up everything for. He's the perfect fit for our D-Line and plays with that nasty streak that I think this D needs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Fairley is the only player I'd give up everything for. He's the perfect fit for our D-Line and plays with that nasty streak that I think this D needs.
I agree! There is intimidation/fear factor that is missing from our D. I know we knocked out some QBs, but I want to DOMINATE our opponents on a consistent basis and I have always been emotional attached to our Defense... lol

What Fairley would do in a rotational basis in his rookie year with our DEs, could be monumental....

Stephen Paea is not a bad consolation price, what are your thoughts on him?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like all the top Dt's this year. Fairley, Paea, Nevis, and Liuget.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley scares me a little. 1 year wonder. Had motivation issues. Character concerns. Even his own coaching staff was surprised how he emerged this year bc he had bad work ethic in the past.

Just a scary thought giving a guy like him that kind of money. He has some red flags.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Fairley scares me a little. 1 year wonder. Had motivation issues. Character concerns. Even his own coaching staff was surprised how he emerged this year bc he had bad work ethic in the past.

Just a scary thought giving a guy like him that kind of money. He has some red flags.
I understand your concerns. We still got the combine and his interviews to further evaluate him. But, from the Sec games I saw this yr and the championship game, I LOVE fairley's makeup, and believe he has the biggest upside and game changing ability in this draft. Let our draft people dig deep into his past. However, Im telling you some BLUE CHIP players are droppin like flies on draft day cause of "character issues, look at Dez Bryant last year and Rey Maualuga the year before. Get my drift?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
I understand your concerns. We still got the combine and his interviews to further evaluate him. But, from the Sec games I saw this yr and the championship game, I LOVE fairley's makeup, and believe he has the biggest upside and game changing ability in this draft. Let our draft people dig deep into his past. However, Im telling you some BLUE CHIP players are droppin like flies on draft day cause of "character issues, look at Dez Bryant last year and Rey Maualuga the year before. Get my drift?
That's true. If he starts slipping we should definitely give him a look.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not trading up anyways so it doesn't matter. Also, Fairley is a huge boom/bust guy IMO.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I checked JJ Watt out, and I'm gonna say we pass on him. To me, Watt is purely a 5 tech, I don't see him succeeding inside in a 4-3.

Heyward is more of a 5 tech as well, but the difference is I think Heyward has the athleticism to move inside and he has more power. Plus when he played inside on some passing downs I liked what I saw out of him.

I just think Heyward can make the switch, but I think Watt would struggle with the switch.

So I'd say yes to Heyward, but no to Watt.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea after watching even more Cam Heyward clips, I am completely sold on him. I had a HUGE man-crush on him coming into the season and I still do. Seeing him inside with Joseph would be terrific. That's 3 maybe even 4 blockers taken already leaving Osi, Tuck or JPP with only 1 blocker to get past, not to mention what would happen if we blitz a LB. I feel like Heyward and Joseph would just create huge problems for opposing interior O-Lines.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

All though, I gotta say, the one thing that bothers me about that is it means that we let Cofield walk :'( I love Barry and I really want to see him come back, but unless we can get rid of Canty I don't see it happening.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's the missing ingredient on our dline. As great as our DEs are, they can be neutralized if you don't get that interior push. In the past Spags would move Tuck over to UT (for the life of me, I cannot understand why Sheridan and Fewell don't do this) to generate that interior push.

Getting that DT who can get it will really help this defense a lot. Next to LB, that's probably our second biggest need on defense. And with LB being so weak this year, it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a DT if the value is right.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
scottyboy, Not Fairly?
eh, I like him a lot, but right now, I feel we have bigger needs on the OL and don't feel Fairly is worth giving up a lot for.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

This Martez Wilson...anyone know anything about him?
Old 01-22-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
<===3
Rookie

<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats this talk about 3-4 DEs for our scheme? Canty not enough for you?

I want Tyron Smith at LT.
<===3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

He is not just a 3-4 DE, he could also play 4-3 DT. And no Canty is not nearly enough for me. He had a great start and died down fast. He is looking like a SERIOUS bust signing. If we can't bring back Cofield there is no need not to draft Heyward if he is there. This is a weak class and with no glaring needs there is no reason not to take him.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <===3 View Post
Whats this talk about 3-4 DEs for our scheme? Canty not enough for you?

I want Tyron Smith at LT.
I agree, i don't like the whole 3-4 DE prospects to 4-3 DT's. However Adrian Clayborn as a DT in our defense would be pretty sick if he could be in a rotation.

I am very weary of Tyron Smith, he can have the best feet in this class, but is that saying much with how relatively weak it is? He also was RT at USC, and although he's ripped and athletic he doesnt have enough bulk to him (imo) to handle NFL passrushers just yet. Marcus Cannon looks like a better fit for us, and in the second round we could get our future RT. And leave LT to Beatty or Andrews or a future draft pick.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't touch Tyron Smith. He screams bust to me.

Canty has been a disappointment, there is no question about that. All we can do is hope that he continues to develop as a DT in a 43 and that he builds up enough stamina to hold up throughout the season. He started the season out a good 15 lbs heavier than he ended the season. When he was heavier he was stoute vs the run and a real anchor on th dline. He looked very impressive. But then he lost a good amount of weight during the year and couldn't hold up. He looked mediocre after losing weight and ended the season on a disappointing note.

Anyone know anything about this Martez Wilson? I see he's climbing up draft boards, but I have nothing on the guy.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

if Grant walks we NEED Joe Lefeged. and there is literally nothing any of you can say to make me think otherwise
Quote:
Old 01-24-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What about Casey Matthews? I admit the only time I saw him was the championship game. You figure he'll bring great motor and work ethic to the position. He's no Clay of course, but hey, you never know.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if Grant walks we NEED Joe Lefeged. and there is literally nothing any of you can say to make me think otherwise
I didn't catch any rutgers games this year, how is he? I see he returns kicks so thats a plus...can you provide us with a lil scouting report? : )