Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lefeged would be a very good Deon Grant type of S. He's better at stopping the run right now but he has some potential against the pass as well. I'd have him at SS but we use our safties interchangeably.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We only used Grant like that bc our linebackers suck and that was their alternative to getting more speed on the field.

The proper solution is to get better linebackers. Get 2 of em in an ideal world. I like Goff, but we need a quicker MIKE. And we desperately need a better SAM, move Sintim permanently to DE before it's too late.

And Boley, grow some stones and play more violently. He's too finesse sometimes. He's our best LB and he's obviously not going anywhere, but I want to see more aggression out of the guy.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Lefeged would be a very good Deon Grant type of S. He's better at stopping the run right now but he has some potential against the pass as well. I'd have him at SS but we use our safties interchangeably.
Not bad, especially he can contribute in special teams. Thnx
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We only used Grant like that bc our linebackers suck and that was their alternative to getting more speed on the field.

The proper solution is to get better linebackers. Get 2 of em in an ideal world. I like Goff, but we need a quicker MIKE. And we desperately need a better SAM, move Sintim permanently to DE before it's too late.

And Boley, grow some stones and play more violently. He's too finesse sometimes. He's our best LB and he's obviously not going anywhere, but I want to see more aggression out of the guy.

Man I hear you! I wanted Maualuga so bad...he was exactly what we need at MIKE. I hope Reese and Company do their due diligence through the draft and free agency to at least make our Lb corps above average! If we can get Greenway so way....Boley is gettin a lot $$$ for his substandard production
Old 01-24-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got Nicks though, so it is what it is. Rey went before Sintim, or else I'm sure we wouldve took Rey over Sintim.

At the time Sintim looked like a great pick. He fit Spag's defense, and it seemed like we were going to use him as a DE on passing downs. Then the system changed, we drafted JPP and still had Osi and Kiwi, and plans changed.

Sintim can still become a player, I'd recommend we end the LB experiment and just move him to full time DE. We'll need him there once Kiwi is gone, he can be our 4th DE. I just don't see him working as a 4-3 LB anymore. Maybe he proves me wrong who knows, but so far, I'm skeptical.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Btw guys, Gabe Carimi looked like a boss today at the Senior Bowl practices.

It's not too late to hop onto the bandwagon.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if Grant walks we NEED Joe Lefeged. and there is literally nothing any of you can say to make me think otherwise
According to JBond, he was absolutely horrible in the first Senior Bowl practice. To the point where coaches "reemed him" three times (JBond's words!).

Will be interesting to see if he bounces back or we might have a chance to get him as an UDFA.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
According to JBond, he was absolutely horrible in the first Senior Bowl practice. To the point where coaches "reemed him" three times (JBond's words!).

Will be interesting to see if he bounces back or we might have a chance to get him as an UDFA.
You don't take one practice and judge someone based on that. Lefeged also had an INT to end the day. Even if he did have a bad week you still have plenty of tape on him. I've been saying all along he'll probably be about a 5th rounder. I don't think there's any chance he becomes a UDFA.

Carimi was excellent supposedly. Myabe he should be the pick for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
We got Nicks though, so it is what it is. Rey went before Sintim, or else I'm sure we wouldve took Rey over Sintim.

At the time Sintim looked like a great pick. He fit Spag's defense, and it seemed like we were going to use him as a DE on passing downs. Then the system changed, we drafted JPP and still had Osi and Kiwi, and plans changed.

Sintim can still become a player, I'd recommend we end the LB experiment and just move him to full time DE. We'll need him there once Kiwi is gone, he can be our 4th DE. I just don't see him working as a 4-3 LB anymore. Maybe he proves me wrong who knows, but so far, I'm skeptical.
I understand we got Sintim, but he doesn't fit as our SAM, it Is a project and still is, you're drafting a project in the early 2nd round? I like Reese and our drafting staff very much BUT I think they should target certain players and go aggressively after them. We are not a expansion team that need all our picks,they could of traded up for Maualuga and draft a projects in the latter rounds. Maualuga is a down hill, aggressive, violent, nasty Linebacker with above average pass coverage skills. In my opinion he's a blue chip MLB in a 4-3. He was exactly what we needed. I hope Sintim pans out, but its not lookin good.

I see that Carimi has looked good so far in the Senior Bowl...I really not that high on him. In fact, none of the top four tackles, the deal with Carimi is that i don't like his slow heavy feet in his pass pro. I rather take someone like Orlando Franklin from the U, I'm very high on him, I think he can be a top of line RT in a year or two with Pat Flaherty.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm gonna disagree on Carimi. And to be honest, I agree that for the most part I don't like this OT class, of the ones I've seen so far Carimi is hte only one I like. I've been saying all along that he reminds me of Jake Long/Jordan Gross. I'm sticking with that, I think he's a baller. At this point I hope he's there at 19, bc if he keeps it up, he won't be.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

I'm going to keep an eye on Carimi though...Jordan Gross/jake Long type, you got my attention, you think he can play LT at a high level? After this week we will have more info on him...
Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
I'm going to keep an eye on Carimi though...Jordan Gross/jake Long type, you got my attention, you think he can play LT at a high level? After this week we will have more info on him...
I absolutely think he can. I think scouts are selling him short, yes his feet aren't the best, but I've seen worse feet at LT in the NFL than Carimi.

I think at the very worst, this guy will be an absolute stud RT. And with the way we run the ball, he's a perfect fit with our oline.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
I absolutely think he can. I think scouts are selling him short, yes his feet aren't the best, but I've seen worse feet at LT in the NFL than Carimi.

I think at the very worst, this guy will be an absolute stud RT. And with the way we run the ball, he's a perfect fit with our oline.
One BIG plus I see off the bat is his arm length at 35 inch 1/4, at RT he can most def engulf people at the next level. You got a point on OTs that have terrible feet! They can still compensate with their long arms and brute strength to maul their opponent. Scouts sometimes are just looking for "ideal" measureables and traits...smh
Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You don't take one practice and judge someone based on that. Lefeged also had an INT to end the day. Even if he did have a bad week you still have plenty of tape on him. I've been saying all along he'll probably be about a 5th rounder. I don't think there's any chance he becomes a UDFA.

Carimi was excellent supposedly. Myabe he should be the pick for us.
Well, as I noted at the end of my post, he has a lot of time to bounce back. I'm not sure why you wouldn't think this wouldn't hurt his stock, though. We see every year players preform poorly and it can drastically hurt their stock. Especially for a guy who isn't particularly impressive to begin with.

That said, I'd still like to have him for depth. Never hurts to have a good in the box safety. Although I'm still quite afraid of getting another CC Brown.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
One BIG plus I see off the bat is his arm length at 35 inch 1/4, at RT he can most def engulf people at the next level. You got a point on OTs that have terrible feet! They can still compensate with their long arms and brute strength to maul their opponent. Scouts sometimes are just looking for "ideal" measureables and traits...smh
I don't blame them, I mean, at the end of the day that's part of the process, I just hope we look beyond that. Jake Long doesn't have the best feet in the world and he's arguably the best LT in the game right now.

What I love about Carimi is his brute strength. The guy just mauls you. And he has long arms. He's a stud as a run blocker and when I watch him in pass pro, he's more than adequate. He uses his strength to his advantage.

You can't bull rush him, even if you have him beat to the inside angle, he's too strong. So he compensates for his slow feet by taking a wide drop to combat the outside speed rush. If you try to dip and rip inside, he just stonewalls you with his strength. If you try to bullrush him, good luck, he'll laugh at you.

I've seen guys try to go wide to set him up, then dip and rip inside and it still doesn't work. What's special about Cam is even when he's off balance, he's so strong he can still fight you off.

I'll check him out more during the Senior Bowl, but to be honest, I'm pretty much already sold on him.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I wouldn't say get lefeged to start obviously but he's a monster hitter and great run stuffer and excels on special teams which is a big plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, now that i'm not in lecture and not on my ipod touch haha:
Lefeged has always been just ok in coverage. not his strong point but he's a very good athlete, strong, hard worker. His muscular and impressive weigh in shows that. He's very solid and a very good run stuffer. He's also got tons of potential and is pretty smart. The fact that he excels on special teams (both returning kicks and coverage and punt blocking ala McCourty) could help his stock very much so. I think right now he's nothing more than good depth and a very good special teamer. He's a reliable back up/3rd safety who will really pay off in special teams, which is why I'd like him.
He's also a turnover machine (as in causing them)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I'm not so much worried about his on the field performance at the Senior Bowl, so much as the fact he was getting destroyed by the coaches for not paying attention and lacking focus.

Like I said, it's only one practice but it's not what you like to see.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Reese did say that he was not pleased with the amount of big plays given up by the back end of the defense. Who knows, maybe we address DB sooner than we realize.

But who cares about Lefeged, he's just another stain on the sidewalk.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ahmad Black in the 3rd round.
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Reese We Trust!

This will be an interesting draft and FA this offseason to say the least

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So....

Sherrod, Carimi, or Miller?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Umoro
Rookie

Umoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUmoro is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
So....

Sherrod, Carimi, or Miller?
Von Miller? He won't drop out of the top 15, imho.
Umoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm iffy on Von Miller. First and foremost we have no chance bc he's shaping up to be a top 10 pick, but anyway, he's just too small to be a 3-4 LB and he's not skilled enough to play 4-3 LB. He's a tweener with high bust potential. I need to see more from him as a LB in a 4-3.

I'm all about Carimi right now. I'm warming up to Bruce Carter though.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm iffy on Von Miller. First and foremost we have no chance bc he's shaping up to be a top 10 pick, but anyway, he's just too small to be a 3-4 LB and he's not skilled enough to play 4-3 LB. He's a tweener with high bust potential. I need to see more from him as a LB in a 4-3.

I'm all about Carimi right now. I'm warming up to Bruce Carter though.
Mayock was actually saying Miller look pretty good in coverage drills and could potentially be a weakside LB in the 4-3. Not sure if I buy it, but it is interesting.

I like Carimi a lot and his first two days were great, but he did seem to struggle a little yesterday from what they were saying on the NFLN broadcast. I still think he's a RT, but I've warmed up to the possibility of him being able to play LT at the next level. Nate Solder has look really good too and I think he is a much better projection to left tackle with his pass blocking skills. Sherrod as well.

A guy I'm REALLY high now is Mason Foster. He's apparently look really good in coverage drills and sheds tackles like a monster. If we were going to take a LB I'd probably go with him.