Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, what if Ingram is there? With our RB issues, and his ties to the Giants, do you think it's possible it happens?

There's so many possibilities right now. It sounds like the Maras want a linebacker, I hope they don't force the issue though and compromise our ability to get a higher graded player.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's something to think about. Mark Herzlich. I think he falls to the 3rd or 4th round bc of his health concerns.

Do we gamble?

He can be our Urlacher if he ever recaptures his form. And you wanna talk about leadership? This guy has it. Everyone would rally around him.

Obviously the health concerns are a HUGE factor. But I'm just throwing it out there.

Actually, he's more like Lawrence Timmons. Which is also great of course.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 01-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, I like Carimi but it would be a big mistake to rely on him as a left tackle. I just don't think he can be one, unfortunately.

Like Rosebud, I'm a big Sherrod fan. Realistically, he's my favorite pick for us as of now. After that it gets tricky and there is going to be a lot in the pre-draft all-star games and work outs.

How do you feel about Tyron Smith? Very athletic, high ceiling, ability to play LT or RT, he's my option #1 for Dallas if we can trade down somewhere into the teens. I like him more then Sherrod and I really like Sherrod also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How do you feel about Tyron Smith? Very athletic, high ceiling, ability to play LT or RT, he's my option #1 for Dallas if we can trade down somewhere into the teens. I like him more then Sherrod and I really like Sherrod also.
I like Smith. Really the biggest concern with him is size. He needs to add quite a bit of weight. Right now he's barely bigger than some DE's in the NFL. If he can add some more weight and retain most his athleticism and quickness he could be a great player.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if we do that then we basically kick David D inside, and go from there with Beatty as the backup. I hope we still address center at some point..

1. O'hara
2. Rich S
3. Koets
4. Boothe

That's not really what I want.. 2 older hurt guys, and 2 inexperienced guys..
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
So if we do that then we basically kick David D inside, and go from there with Beatty as the backup. I hope we still address center at some point..

1. O'hara
2. Rich S
3. Koets
4. Boothe

That's not really what I want.. 2 older hurt guys, and 2 inexperienced guys..
We can still draft a Center. I don't believe there is any surefire 1st round Centers available, but there will be 2 or maybe 3 guys we can target in the 2nd.

So you can go OT in round 1, Center in round 2. Let's say we get Camiri like I say, and O'Dowd in round 2. Let's also assume the Giants are willing to give Beatty another crack at LT. That results in

LT: Beatty
LG: Diehl
C: O'Dowd
RG: Snee
RT: Camiri

In that oline, quite honestly the only position that wouldn't have a very good player would be LT bc the book is still out on Beatty. I think Camiri is at the very worst, a stud RT. O'Dowd can be a stud if he stays healthy, which I think he will. Snee is a PBer. Diehl is a PB caliber player at LG. That's one sexy oline.

Fwiw, according to Ralph Vacchiano, Coughlin loves Mich Petrus. So perhaps Petrus finds a role somewhere along this line as well. I too am a big Petrus fan. He reminds me of a young Diehl, I think he's going to be a stud LG with some time.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Weren't you guys talking about making Shawn Andrews the LT of the future at some point this season? What happened to that?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I still believe we made a mistake not teaching Petrus how to play Center this season. I know Richy has been practicing snaps for years, but still, if he can do it, Petrus can do it. And if we were able to somehow convert Petrus to a Center, I think he'd be a very good one, and that would solve a huge hole for us.

Realistically, he's our future LG. But it wouldve been nice to move him to Center.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Weren't you guys talking about making Shawn Andrews the LT of the future at some point this season? What happened to that?
Yup. His back happened.
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back issues..
Old 01-07-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone seen Mason Foster?

He's catching buzz around the forums. I don't have any recorded games of Washington and when I watched them play, I'd always just focus on Locker so I never cared much to watch their defense play.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Welcome to the board. Don't be a stranger, this was a good post.
Thanks, appreciate the positive feedback especially from a veteran poster. Always been into the draft process but never knew such a draftnik community existed online like this. I'll try to post more especially after senior bowl. But I'm always seem to be busy.lol
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
Thanks, appreciate the positive feedback especially from a veteran poster. Always been into the draft process but never knew such a draftnik community existed online like this. I'll try to post more especially after senior bowl. But I'm always seem to be busy.lol
I hear ya. I generally post during work haha :)

Anyone catch the game last night? Nevis didn't wow me. I liked #5 from Texas A&M, whatshisname, Judie? I put the eyeball on him all game and I liked his game. He's a junior though so I'm not sure if he's coming out.

Patrick Peterson is a monster but there's less than a 1% chance we get him.

But Nevis didn't wow me. I expected more penetration. To be fair, I only saw the first half before I went to bed.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hear ya. I generally post during work haha :)

Anyone catch the game last night? Nevis didn't wow me. I liked #5 from Texas A&M, whatshisname, Judie? I put the eyeball on him all game and I liked his game. He's a junior though so I'm not sure if he's coming out.

Patrick Peterson is a monster but there's less than a 1% chance we get him.

But Nevis didn't wow me. I expected more penetration. To be fair, I only saw the first half before I went to bed.
You should try and check out some of his earlier games, if possible. There were several games where he just took over and dominated the line of scrimmage by himself.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You should try and check out some of his earlier games, if possible. There were several games where he just took over and dominated the line of scrimmage by himself.
Perhaps I'm wrong in doing this, but bc I barely watch college football, I weigh the Bowl games much heavier than other games. Bc it's the big stage, plus it's fairly equal competition.

And he was pretty invisible out there in that situation. Makes me nervous. I'll go back and watch more games, but he certainly didn't wow me with his first impression.

If I ever had the patience to really sit down and watch college football I think id be a much better evaluator of talent. I just don't get a chance to really sit down and scout these guys.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, theyre are a heck of a lot of good runningbacks (no great prospects), i don't want to go Ingram early, but in the 2nd or 3rd there are definitely alot of RB's that are worth it. We need to go BPA in the first again, not DE or WR though.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What's everyones thoughts on Herzlich? Honestly, he's really the only LB ive seen on tape that I like so far. But he has serious health concerns.

With our glaring needs along the oline, do we go oline in round 1 and 2, and chance it with Herz in round 3?

???
Old 01-11-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's everyones thoughts on Herzlich? Honestly, he's really the only LB ive seen on tape that I like so far. But he has serious health concerns.

With our glaring needs along the oline, do we go oline in round 1 and 2, and chance it with Herz in round 3?

???
We need his teammate next year. Luke Keuchly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm just not feeling these linebackers right now. None of them are wowing me enough to warrant a 1st round pick.

I actually like the oline talent available at 19 more than the linebacker talent at 19 right now. I'm still looking at games though, so my opinion could change.

Right now, a quick 3 round mock by me:

1. Gabe Carimi (OT)
2. Kristopher O'Dowd (C)
3. Mark Herzlich (OLB/ILB)

Here's my thinking. I really like Gabe, I think he's going to be a stud OT, whether its RT or LT. Id like to give him a shot at LT. He is a punishing run blocker and adequate pass protector and I think he would add a lot of juice to our run game, and solve one of our OT positions long term. And at 19, it's a safe pick, bc at the very worst this guy is going to be a stud RT.

Since the C class has no true 1st round talent, I like O'Dowd in the 2nd. He's the most prototypical of the group, and he's only falling here bc of health concerns. Now we solve our oline problems. We move Diehl to LG, and we'd have a beastly oline.

In round 3, I guess we chance it with Mark. The thing is, I'm iffy on drafting a linebacker at all past rounds 1, and 2 bc we've been down this road before. We constantly try to look for bargain LBs later in the draft and it hasn't worked for us.

But at the same time, I'm just not digging any LBs right now early. Herzlich has potential to be a stud, he's a great inspiration and I have a strong feeling he'd fill a leadership void in the lockerroom, and when i watch him on tape I see Urlacher.

If he can just stay healthy, it's a steal. But obviously it's a huge gamble. If we decide against LB in the 3rd, I would be open to a number of running backs.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We need his teammate next year. Luke Keuchly.
Then we wait another year for a LB and we face the same issues on defense.

I take it you're not a Herz fan?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yes.. As an offensive guy, I watched us draft defensive players last year. Now I want to see us go BPA obviously, but part of me wants an offensive player draft.

Go trenches and then skill player if they are there. But BPA first is fine by me either way off. or def. I would be annoyed to see another defensive player loaded draft.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then we wait another year for a LB and we face the same issues on defense.

I take it you're not a Herz fan?
As a 3rd pick I'd have no problem with that. I just want a fast thmping LB lately though and he doesn't really bring that to the table. I know most players aren't like that but it's what I want to see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Does Carimi remind you of Diehl? Punishing run blocker and average pass protector. Sounds very similar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be cool with that mock BBD, if we don't get a shot at Sherrod I want Carimi right now, that said I think we've still got a shot at Sherrod who I like a lot more as a LT and I think can be just as beastly at RT, with better pass blocking. I am kind of feeling a defensive tackle or corner in round two but I did like O'Dowd a lot even though I'm also fine with the Seubert/Koets duo.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Does Carimi remind you of Diehl? Punishing run blocker and average pass protector. Sounds very similar.
That's what I thought.. I get the reports for the 3 guys confused but one said may have hard time handling fast pass rushers. It reminded me of David D. right away. I don't want another version of David D.