Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the field he averaged almost 6 ypc, caught a lot of passes and was supposedly a good blocker.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

At the DE position I think it's pretty much down to Allen Bailey, Sam Acho & Cam Heyward,

And it push comes to shove I think we are taking Sam Acho, he a high
character guy (And you our FO drool over guys like him) but my major concern
is that he seems like that he would fit a 3-4 system then a 4-3.....He has a
good nose for the QB, a good frame and knows and knows how to get
leverage....

On the negative side for Acho hes a bit slow off the line doesn't know how o
use his hands hes useless in the run game he gets swept up on screen
plays

Although I wish we take Cam Heyward I think he'll be taken before it's our turn to pick

Last edited by TheFalconsFan : 03-03-2011 at 05:42 PM.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

If Bailey,Ach and Heyward are on the board I would look at another position. There is bound to be another position with a higher ceiling. Bailey plays like a 3rd rounder,Acho probably 2nd round and Heyward should be a bottom first rounder but looks more like a 3-4 player. If any of those were the picks we are falling in the same trap as when we drafted JAM taking the lesser player just ot fill a need and that won't help trying to beat the better teams.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the players (Noel Devine, Ricardo Lockette) Falcons interviewed, we should have a very good idea that we will definitely be drafting the fastest guy we can find in this draft, and we are willing to throw character issues out of the window to do so.

I believe in the first round Falcons are going with a DE, and in the second they are drafting speed, just pure speed. Most likely will be a major reach. Mark my words.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think we can itch in stone a def end in the first if the value isn't there. This is why the Falcon's had a poor drafting history prior to TD reaching for players. While def end is the greatest if you have a choice between a player with average potential and a player with pro bowl potential who would you take? We have needs a linebacker,def end,corner,off line and if the right player was available in def tackle. I do think we'll draft a def end in either the 1st or 2nd round depends who is available.Also remember def ends usually don't do alot their first year so getting an impact player the first season is fairly unlikely. We need a player with upside and it depends who is on the board come the Falcons picks.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Looking at the players (Noel Devine, Ricardo Lockette) Falcons interviewed, we should have a very good idea that we will definitely be drafting the fastest guy we can find in this draft, and we are willing to throw character issues out of the window to do so.

I believe in the first round Falcons are going with a DE, and in the second they are drafting speed, just pure speed. Most likely will be a major reach. Mark my words.
3rd is the round that usually perceived as our reach, so I'll say we follow that. (Chevis, Owens, Corey Peters)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
3rd is the round that usually perceived as our reach, so I'll say we follow that. (Chevis, Owens, Corey Peters)
Well looking at history you do have point. TD drafted pretty good value in the 2 2nd round picks in the last 3 years.

There is no sign that Falcons are looking at tackles. All I've been hearing is they are dying for some explosiveness in this draft. You also don't have that one must have OT in this class. I think even if we sign the guys or not we're still not going to draft a linemen before round 4.

Blalock is likely to come back imo. Dahl is turning 30 this summer and coming of a bad season, not sure we'll bring him back.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the time Peters may have seemed like a reach, but the guy played some good ball this season
Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

The talent is there on the D Line. Interior and exterior. We have great talent and depth at the DT position, they just need to produce a little more next year. As far as DE goes...

Josh Abraham- had a great season and it wasn't a surprise.

Kroy Biermann- Is no scrub, but he just had a terrible year. We know what he is potentially capable off.

Chauncey Davis- Had another solid year as a back up.

Lawrence Sidbury- Should of played, where was he?

Jamaal Anderson- ...

yea we need a DE.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

We need a quality def end.Will there be one available?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Jerry still needs to prove himself and Peters probably won't be anything more than average in potential. If TD surprised us and drafted Stephen Paea out of the blue I wouldn't be upset. As long as we are getting a pro bowl potential player I don't care what position we draft.

Right now the thing people forget most of these players won't reach their potential. All the players seem like the guy to pick but most will bust,be average and only a select group will be pro bowl types. We will only win vs elite teams consistently if we pick pro bowl potential players. We don't need any more Pickens,Booker,JAM type of players. TD needs to make the right picks that is what we should focus on.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I agree with what you said, we should draft pro bowlers. But a pro bowler can't be a pro bowler if the pro bowler can't get any snaps in. You have no idea which player in the draft will pan out and which won't, all you have to do is make sure you fill your needs.

I edit about 90% of my posts.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 03-04-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Drafting pro bowlers it's going to be up to TD to do his job well. Although the Packers have been building for awhile when they can come up with a guy like Sam Shields undrafted and we have to use a 3rd rounder on Owens it just shows how much we need talent. I think its a fine line between drafting at a position that may not need an immediate upgrade like def tackle vs a position like def end where we have to have an upgrade. For example if I have a choice between two players like Stephen Paea and Sam Acho who do you take? Obviously the greater need is at def end however the better player most likely will be Paea. It's those kinds of decisions that TD must weight carefully other wise we are scratching our heads trying to figure out how the next Patrick Willis or Clay Mathews got buy us again and the better teams know that.

The better teams usually take the player with the better upside. Teams that seem to always struggle take forced picks and ultimately never improve because of it. I think Jerry was a forced pick and maybe TD regrets the pick now? Jerry I hope comes back and realizes his potential but as I was saying many of these players that look good on draft day won't live up to their potential. We really need two solid core players with our 1st and 2nd picks to be potential pro bowlers.TDs history is he drafts on need however I hope he realizes that quality is just as important as need.

TD and Smith even said they want explosiveness. Well to me guys like Bailey,Acho are not what we need. I do expect a receiver to be taken in the middle rounds, a running back to give us a different look but faster than Snelling. I don't know but maybe TD shocks us and does draft a receiver in the first but unless someone slides there could be some hard choices come the 27th pick. WE all need to look at the big picture and realize that we need pro bowl potential players. Who they are is up to TD to find.This is his job and will just have to debate it till the draft when we get an answer.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently we interviewed Ryan Williams at the combine.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
apparently we interviewed Ryan Williams at the combine.
I'm not surprised. We interviewed the fastest people we could find.

Da'Rel Scott is probably another guy they are really looking at in mid rounds after running 4.34 at the 40.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Williams isn't fast though. I think it's clear we are looking for a 2nd RB option. Jerious most likely won't be back, and when the new CBA comes, Snelling probably won't either.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

2 minutes ago - This year's DE class is loaded, and the word has it that the Falcons are pleased with their options for the first round. DE and WR appear to be the top two needed positions, and Atlanta is leaning toward taking a WR in the second or third round. Falcons RapidReports

Quinn and Sidney Rice!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

After Bowers, Quinn, Kerrogamn,Clayborn,Aldon Smith, JJ Watt then who? There is a significant drop up to Acho and whoever else. The other thing this is the time of year you hear alot of smoke screens.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

After Bowers, Quinn, Kerrigan,Clayborn,Aldon Smith, JJ Watt then who? There is a significant drop up to Acho and whoever else. The other thing this is the time of year you hear alot of smoke screens.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know nobody here supports it, but I'm still a fan of Allen Bailey in the 1st. High character guy and just an absolute monster.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

No thanks on Bailey.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Why do you keep double posting?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-04-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I know nobody here supports it, but I'm still a fan of Allen Bailey in the 1st. High character guy and just an absolute monster.

Monster in the fact that he's big and built. Not at all a monster rushing the passer. He just won't apply enough pressure. I have faith he'd be a good run defender in the base 43, but we've got that already. We need a pass rush.

Not to mention, he didn't exactly dominant the world in the combine.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 03-04-2011 at 06:08 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
2 minutes ago - This year's DE class is loaded, and the word has it that the Falcons are pleased with their options for the first round. DE and WR appear to be the top two needed positions, and Atlanta is leaning toward taking a WR in the second or third round. Falcons RapidReports

Quinn and Sidney Rice!
Don't wanna say I told you so. But it would be the best idea to get the DE first and than look for the WR. A lot of 2nd and 3rd round receivers end up being successful. Then again in like the 5th, we should get the most speed we can find.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-04-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Don't wanna say I told you so. But it would be the best idea to get the DE first and than look for the WR. A lot of 2nd and 3rd round receivers end up being successful. Then again in like the 5th, we should get the most speed we can find.
The only time I really wanted a WR in the first was when I thought someone was going to really separate themselves and propel themselves into first round status. Never happened. I'd still much rather draft them if our DE options are people like Allen Bailey and the like. Damn shame Blackmon and Floyd didn't come out.

I still really want Quinn. He's my number one overall player in the draft. Super unlikely, but I can dream.

Also, Jernigan blew up at his Pro Day. 4.32 and 4.38

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 03-04-2011 at 06:14 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote