Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-29-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't buy that to be honest with you. We've gotten by with scraping the bottom of the barrel at offensive line before. We've had good success plugging guys in at guard for stretches too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mankins will prolly get franchise tagged and traded for assets i doubt we just let him walk

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That too, pending the CBA.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I can't buy that to be honest with you. We've gotten by with scraping the bottom of the barrel at offensive line before. We've had good success plugging guys in at guard for stretches too.
I see the trend of you guys drafting Florida players still going this year, and Pouncey will be the 1st(I can also see Ahmad Black being yours in the 3rd as well). You guys have had success plugging in guys, but you also have a history of drafting olinemen early in the draft. Plus isnt Koppen gone as well?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I see the trend of you guys drafting Florida players still going this year, and Pouncey will be the 1st(I can also see Ahmad Black being yours in the 3rd as well). You guys have had success plugging in guys, but you also have a history of drafting olinemen early in the draft. Plus isnt Koppen gone as well?
I still can't see it with all of the stuff we have to do to finish out this defense. Maybe in the second, but not the first.

No, Koppen will be here next year. We should actively be looking for an upgrade though. Keyword there is upgrade though, not a replacement. Someone who can anchor against 3-4 NT's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm i think burney should be a sleeper for us. could be a special teams ace and solid nickelback possibly

Old 01-29-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Dear holy Belichick, please draft Brooks Reed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dear holy Belichick, please draft Brooks Reed.
or kerrigan :) he looks beastly

Old 01-29-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I would be happy with either of them.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would be happy with either of them.
haha yeah i dont think kerrigan is going to last til our pick now

Old 01-29-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Me neither. I've moved on. It's all about Brooks Reed in the early second or the end of the first now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.

I think Reed is a 2nd round guy, don't see us needing to take him in the 1st.

But yeah he would be solid, with us going with a stud 5 tech or OT if there isn't an OLB on the board that we like.
sportslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think we just might. He had a real great year and has been productive throughout. Gotta check out the medical, but I'm extremely high on him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

i really like darelle scott as a mid rounder to complement BJGE and Woodhead

Old 01-29-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm high on Scott as well, but he can't block. That hurts his value a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-29-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm high on Scott as well, but he can't block. That hurts his value a bit.
def worth a flier tho in the 4th or 5th.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Fast don't lie.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

updated mock in my sig. brooks reed is flyinnnn up, and i think we could take him there where most would consider a "reach." only thing missing is DE :(

Old 01-30-2011, 06:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooks Reed is a mid to late day 2 guy.

Don't over-estimate the senior bowl's impact. He won't blow the combine up and won't likely blow his pro day up.

Gabe Carimi doesn't belong in round 1 either, but he seems to me to be a DBS blocker more so than a ZBS blocker. He is probably a mid to late 2nd round pick in the Patriots system because he just isn't athletic.

Hankerson at 33rd would be great, especially getting Pouncey at 60th.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Don't over-estimate the senior bowl's impact. He won't blow the combine up and won't likely blow his pro day up.

Gabe Carimi doesn't belong in round 1 either, but he seems to me to be a DBS blocker more so than a ZBS blocker. He is probably a mid to late 2nd round pick in the Patriots system because he just isn't athletic.

Hankerson at 33rd would be great, especially getting Pouncey at 60th.
Matt Millen likes Brooks Reed, so now I don't want him...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely absurd. Late second round I can buy if you're that concerned about the medical but he's been a terror when he's healthy and blew up guys going in the first round both in practice and in the game.

He's going have a very, very good combine combine, I can say that much. Was listed on ESPN's Freak List earlier in the year. Should run 4.6 in the 250 range and put up some ridiculous strength numbers. He power cleans 405 and squats 550. Benches 425 too. Those are last years numbers too. Should be even stronger now. Scouts have been high on this guy for a very long time and his days of going under the radar on message boards are over. If there were youtube clips available of him we would all be on his nuts.

It's also hard to "overestimate the impact of the Senior Bowl." You've seen guys like him come in and make and impact time and time again and then go in the first round. Brandon Graham, Dan Williams, Larry English, Robert Ayers, Clay Matthews, Sam Baker, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, ect ect ect. All not assured of going in the first round or even the early second and came in helped themselves tons. He was already going in the early second depending on who you talk to. He helped himself A LOT by standing up this week and looked great doing it.

Quotes;

Sports Illustrated
Quote:
Brooks Reed/DL-OLB/Arizona: Reed has been nearly unstoppable the past two days. He's showed great skill rushing the passer as well as the athleticism necessary to chase the action in backside pursuit. Reed is projected by many to line-up at outside linebacker in the NFL and was effective Tuesday the few times he was asked to stand up over tackle.

....a star of Day 2 and Projects as one of the top pass rushing linebackers in the draft

Brooks Reed/DE-OLB/Arizona: Reed was another multi-purpose defender who impressed scouts with his skill and intensity. He was ferocious in pass rush drills, often beating much larger linemen up the field. Later in the week, when Reed played linebacker and dropped into coverage, his ball skills were as proficient as many of the every day linebackers he played next to. The depth of talent on the defensive line will knock Reed out of the draft's initial 35 selections, but don't be surprised if a 3-4 defense acquires him in the middle part of round two.
Walter Football
Quote:
Along with Sam Acho and Phil Taylor, Brooks Reed helped the South destroy the North's offensive line. Reed embarrassed Anthony Castonzo in the second quarter. Like Acho, Brooks had a sack and two TFLs.

I thought Brooks Reed looked very good in the drills during the South Team practice. You have to love his non-stop motor.
Arizona Daily Star

Quote:
Reed has received glowing reviews at both positions. Monday, he dominated Mississippi State offensive tackle Derek Sherrod in "pit drills" - one-on-one, full-pads showdowns designed to showcase players for scouts. Tuesday provided fewer highlights, but just as many compliments on his "motor" and moves.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-30-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest guys, I'd put our realistic big board for round 1 to 2 like this:

Pat Peterson
Prince Amukamara
Robert Quinn
Marcel Dareus
Nick Fairley
Von Miller

Prospects for #17
/Cameron Jordan/
Akeem Ayers
Ryan Kerrigan
JJ Watt
Aldon Smith
Julio Jones

I love Cameron Jordan, the guy has beast written all over him. I don't think he's there at 17, but i'd love us to trade up for him. Moreso than Kerrigan, Ayers, etc.

As for #28

Nate Solder
Anthony Castanzo
JJ Watt
Justin Houston
Hankerson/Young [Not sure who I like more yet]
Brandon Harris

I really like Titus Young. Not high on Bailey and a few others at this point at all in round 1. I'd love to see us grab Acho at the end of round 2 though.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really don't like Titus Young all that much. He doesn't bring enough size to the table and the way you shut him down is similar to the way you shut the rest of our receivers down. He's also not a very natural hands catcher and is inconsistent in the effort he gives as a route runner. The DeSean Jackson comparison is pretty legit, although he might not be quite as fast. You hit him in the mouth a few times and he's not the same player. I would take Hankerson over him every single time for us anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.

Take Akeem Ayers off that list for #17 and all those guys are realistic.
sportslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Ayers would be great if he could rush the passer. He's likely limited to being an ILB in a 3-4 though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau