Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Draft Discussion

It's just a matter of time before this surfaced...I wanted to beat everyone to the punch for no good reason.

The two dudes that I'm high on right now:

1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
2. Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

Either one of those players would give us another elite prospect at a need position.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson unless Backus sucks this year and stafford gets hit too many times.

Best case scenario is our line hold up this year with a vaild running attack and Sims at LG. Also itd be nice to see progress and potential from fox.

If we are able to actually go all defense next year, getting us Peterson, a LB and a DE or safety that would be the draft that could put us over the edge.

Worst case scenario is Stafford gets hit too many times and we need to go OT and then address defense after that.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worrying about it since our pick next year will be in the late 20s.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need talent at

CB
OLB
DE
LT
SS

I like Greg Jones, LB out of MSU or Bruce Carter,LB UNC. Depending on how Kevin Smith heals I wouldn't mind going with Mark Ingram, RB. I have to read up on the CB and OT prospects. How about Suh's teammate Jared Crick?

Last edited by Scotty D : 04-27-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the 2 DE's in the Big 10 ... Heyward & Claiborne. We should be picking about 15? ;o)

Barksdale LT from LSU is a load too ... but I think Jason Fox could be molded into the LT of the future after Backus. Looking forward to his development as a Lion, but would vote for either DE above.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
kpy2

The pick should be a corner, and next year should be a great year for the position. With either Patrick Peterson, Price Amukamara or Aaron Williams to choose from, the team should be able to get a good one.

Only other option would LT if Stafford takes a beating and we cant upgrade in f/a or trade.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two 2011 mocks on Walter's site has the Lions picking 9th in both with Gabe Carimi and Ras-I Dowling the picks. Petersen was already gone in both mocks.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
Peterson unless Backus sucks this year and stafford gets hit too many times.

Best case scenario is our line hold up this year with a vaild running attack and Sims at LG. Also itd be nice to see progress and potential from fox.

If we are able to actually go all defense next year, getting us Peterson, a LB and a DE or safety that would be the draft that could put us over the edge.

Worst case scenario is Stafford gets hit too many times and we need to go OT and then address defense after that.
I'd love peterson, but if the Line doesn't look right this year a top lineman will be our priority.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yarcraft3
Rookie

yarcraft3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.yarcraft3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouln't mind seeing a guy like Robert Quinn. Watched a few youtube clips of him and he looks like an absolute beast.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I usually start this, but seeing as how I would have said Patrick Peterson, its cool.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY want a LT this year.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I REALLY want a LT this year.
Yeah well you wanted Okung and not Jahvid Best so you don't count Broth.

I'm on the Patrick Peterson bandwagon this year. I've heard he could be the best CB prospect in quite a while, an elite prospect at the position.. I'm expecting a 7-9 season at best, which should land us around #10 Overall. Knowing how the draft usually pans out, I'd expect Peterson to be around a #4 or #5 pick. I'd be all for doing what we had to do to trade up for him.

Of course, now that I said that, Patrick Peterson will wind up being a Mid-Round 2 pick when the draft comes around..

Last edited by WMD : 04-29-2010 at 11:22 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Yeah well you wanted Okung and not Jahvid Best so you don't count Broth.

I'm on the Patrick Peterson bandwagon this year. I've heard he could be the best CB prospect in quite a while, an elite prospect at the position.. I'm expecting a 7-9 season at best, which should land us around #10 Overall. Knowing how the draft usually pans out, I'd expect Peterson to be around a #4 or #5 pick. I'd be all for doing what we had to do to trade up for him.

Of course, now that I said that, Patrick Peterson will wind up being a Mid-Round 2 pick when the draft comes around..
You just wait Okung is going to be a multi pro bowl LT and Suh is going to be a multi probowl DT.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
You just wait Okung is going to be a multi pro bowl LT and Suh is going to be a multi probowl DT.
I'll read this as Okung will make a pro bowl or 2 and Suh is going to be a ten time all pro DT.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:31 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson is still a little inconsistent for me to want him that high right now. He's got amazing physical tools and ability though. If he cleans his game up just a touch, I'd be all over that pick. Adrian Clayborn is my guy right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might be crazy but I really like Ingram if he was there, imagine the tandem of Best-Ingram
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peterson
2. AJ Green
3. Ingram
4. Carimi

i would like an elite LT, but this is one potentially outstanding skill position draft class.

the famous image

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It appears that picture of Peterson is photoshopped

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/m...asp?p=15301515

Still cool though.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'll read this as Okung will make a pro bowl or 2 and Suh is going to be a ten time all pro DT.
I read this as very likely.

'11 is going to depend entirely on what the biggest problem is next year. If the line is so-so and the secondary gets torched every sunday, than it'll be a CB or maybe an extra pass-rusher if the top CBs are gone... If the stanchize is getting gangtackled 10 times a game than it's LT all the way.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It'll be interesting to see what needs we have next year. LT, RB, DE, CB, MLB, WLB, and SS look like they could be needs if things don't work out right.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
It'll be interesting to see what needs we have next year. LT, RB, DE, CB, MLB, WLB, and SS look like they could be needs if things don't work out right.
I don't think running back will be a need, at least not a major one next year. After investing a lot into Jahvid Best the team isn't going to invest a lot in another running back (even as a compliment to Best). I think Levy should be able to hold down one of the linebacker spots going into 2011. Assuming we will be picking where I think we will (in the 5-12 range), left tackle, defensive end, and corner back are probably the most realistic options in the first round.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

LT is easily going to be a need next season regardless of if Backus does well or not. He's going to be pushing 34-35 Backus isn't Orlando Pace, Walter Jones or John Ogden he can't play at a high level for much longer.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-03-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox can be groomed to replace him and Backus probably has 2-3 more years left. I wouldn't say LT is a definite need.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the idea of strengthening a certain unit. this season was dline. next should probably be the secondary. we could spend the 1st round pick on almost any position, but the rest of the draft and offseason would probably be spent on adding 3 more bodies in the secondary.

use the first rounder on a DE, RB, WR, CB, whatever we believe will have the biggest impact.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't think running back will be a need, at least not a major one next year. After investing a lot into Jahvid Best the team isn't going to invest a lot in another running back (even as a compliment to Best). I think Levy should be able to hold down one of the linebacker spots going into 2011. Assuming we will be picking where I think we will (in the 5-12 range), left tackle, defensive end, and corner back are probably the most realistic options in the first round.
Yeah, I'm thinking we pick around the same area.

I'm not expecting us to be very good, but I also have a hard time trying to figure out what could be so bad on our team that would cause us to lose 10+ games. The DL looks to be real nice, the OL seems solid and the passing game should work fine.. I guess our Secondary and Running game could give us problems.

Hopefully we can draw up some better 3rd down plays too. Linehan made a few pretty bad play calls last year on 3rd or when we went for it on 4th.