Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-25-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Injured three times in 17-games worth of NFL season. He's definitely not being done any favors.
that was my point. We're not exactly helping him out

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So seeing everyone have us taking peterson makes me happy. He would add a lot of much needed help...

but just a thought how would you guys feel about going DE? I know its not a need like CB is but adding clayborn or a caliber DE like that would rly make our Dline scary
Old 10-11-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
So seeing everyone have us taking peterson makes me happy. He would add a lot of much needed help...

but just a thought how would you guys feel about going DE? I know its not a need like CB is but adding clayborn or a caliber DE like that would rly make our Dline scary
I wouldn't mind it at all. Houston has been solid and Alphonso Smith has the talent to hold down a starting job. You have to think they will target a CB in free agency or trade. Champ Bailey's contract is up, Cromartie should hit the market, and I think Richard Marshall will be available.

Robert Quinn just was declared ineligible for the season. He could be an option. I like Avril but he could excel in coming off the bench. Mayhew won't draft a player because of a pressing need. If there is a DE rated higher than Peterson they will draft him.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I wouldn't mind it at all. Houston has been solid and Alphonso Smith has the talent to hold down a starting job. You have to think they will target a CB in free agency or trade. Champ Bailey's contract is up, Cromartie should hit the market, and I think Richard Marshall will be available.

Robert Quinn just was declared ineligible for the season. He could be an option. I like Avril but he could excel in coming off the bench. Mayhew won't draft a player because of a pressing need. If there is a DE rated higher than Peterson they will draft him.
if we re-sign Houston, sign Richard Marshall, and maybe draft a CB in the 4th or 5th round, i'd be OK with that. But if we don't target a CB in the free agency, then we need to spend a 1st or 2nd on a CB
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the corner backs are too good this year, i would like to take advantage of their depth and take at least one in the first couple of rounds. i want a homegrown talent instead of a FA. CB, Oline, and BPA in no order for the first 3 rounds.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
the corner backs are too good this year, i would like to take advantage of their depth and take at least one in the first couple of rounds. i want a homegrown talent instead of a FA. CB, Oline, and BPA in no order for the first 3 rounds.
it really depends on where we end up with the draft what we need to get first: one side of me says we gotta get a LT for Stafford, but if we gotta reach over 10 spots to get one, with a potential franchise CB on the board, I'd go pass D.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about MSU MLB Greg Jones in the second?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I feel Greg Jones is a good choice, and exciting for our D if we get Peterson too.

i'm leaning

1) Peterson
2) A. Best available OT- Sherrod or Love hopefully
B. Greg Jones
C. Safety Deunta Williams
D. Jeremy Beal Oklahoma DE
3) Greg Little UNC WR
Greg Romeus Pitt DE depending on how his back looks.

With that said, I really wouldn't be too upset if we went

1) Castanzo LT
2) Brandon Harris Miami U CB
3) Leonard Hankerson Miami U WR
4) John Moffitt Wisconsin G
Sometime)Follett's Replacement
Late) Markus White Florida State DE
there are a ton of names that I wouldn't mind having and I can understand going either way in the draft.

Names List
Top Round 1
Peterson LSU CB
Castanzo Boston College OT
Prince Amukamara Nebraska CB
Robert Quinn UNC DE

Trade Down Round 1
Brandon Harris Miami U CB
Bruce Carter UNC OLB
Aaron Williams Texas CB
Derek Sherrod Miss St OT

Round 2
Greg Jones Mich St LB-We Probably have to upgrade Follett this offseason.
DeMarcus Love Arkansas OT
Deunta Williams UNC S
Jeremy Beal Oklahoma DE
Ryan Broyles Oklahoma WR
Mikel Leshoure Illinois RB
Ras-I Dowling Virgina CB
Julio Jones Alabama WR

Round 3
Orlando Franklin Miami U OG-GTFO of here Peterman, great run blocker
Leonard Hankerson Miami U WR
Greg Little UNC WR
Greg Romeus Pitt DE

Quick Needs Chart
1) Secondary-Size/Talent at CB, Safety 2
2) Upgrade over Follett. (Bruce Carter, Travis Lewis, Greg Jones)
3) DE. KVB will be 32.
4) Left Tackle. Backus will be 34.
5) Quality Slot WR with Return Ability. (Ryan Broyles)
6) RB. Durability Concerns for Best, Morris and Smith are questions to return.
7) Interior Oline Depth C/G. We are screwed if Raiola gets hurt and he'll be 32.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 10-11-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
LOltheLions?
Rookie

LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.LOltheLions? could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
What about MSU MLB Greg Jones in the second?

Im sure we could get him in the 3rd round. Hes terrible in coverage
LOltheLions? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Mark Barron S Bama ... with Detroit's rd 2 pick. CC Brown is a back up & Spievy is a mystery as a "hybrid" DB?!? I lock in on Peterson or Husker Prince #1 & Barron or Duenta Williams (UNC S) #2. That is my October strategy to be changed at a later date.

*** OLB is a 1b need. I like the Bruce Carter nailer out of UNC. I also think Herzlich out of BC is on a mission to prove he is a pro caliber player. Something about him fits Jim Schwartz to me. ;o)

Just my draft thoughts.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i wouldn't mind trading back into the 1st round for bruce carter. then we'd have two of the most physically gifted athletes in the draft. (and peterson)

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

7 @ Giants-Loss
8 vs Washington-Win
9 vs New York Jets-Loss
10 @ Buffalo-Win
11 @ Dallas-Sadly for them it may be a Toss Up but I'll say Loss.
12 vs New England-Loss
13 vs Chicago-Win
14 vs Green Bay-Loss, no way they show up unprepared and embarrassed again
15 @Tampa Bay-Win
16 @ Miami-Loss, but maybe win if they quit in week 16.
17 vs Minnesota-Loss

I have us going 4-7 to finish the season 5-11.

2 Teams that will probably finish worse than us.
Buffalo: 0-5
Panthers: 0-5

3 Teams that will be in our neighborhood.
49ers: 0-5. They are a mystery with 5 games against Rams, Cards, and Panthers. But they have to go here for now.
Browns: 1-4. They are starting Colt McCoy in division with Steelers & Ravens.
Raiders: 2-3. They tend to win games they shouldn't. 49ers, KC, plus one more give them 5-11 season.

3 Teams that will probably be slightly ahead of us
Rams: 2-3. Schedule: Tampa, Carolina, San Franx2, Arizona, KC, Seattle
Seahawks: 2-2. Pete Carroll and weak division keep them ahead of us.
Cardinals: 3-2. Max Hall vs weak schedule.

2 Teams that are in our neighborhood now, but won't when the season ends.
Vikings: 1-3
Cowboys: 1-3

I'm putting us in the neighborhood of the 4th/5th Pick.

Quick Mock of Teams without Detroit being slotted 1st Choice/2nd/3rd
1) Buffalo-Andrew Luck/Jake Locker/Ryan Mallett/Castonzo
2) Panthers-AJ Green/Dareus
3) Browns-Jake Locker/Marcel Dareus
4) 49ers-Mallett/Patrick Peterson/Robert Quinn
5) NE(from Oak)-Dareus/Ingram/Castonzo
6) Rams-Robert Quinn/Peterson/Prince
7) Cardinals-Peterson/Prince Amukamura/Mallett
8) Seahawks-Adrian Clayborn/Prince

If we want Peterson, then we need the 49ers to step their game up or Alex Smith to suck a bit more with Mallett stepping his game up. With that said, we can pretty much guarentee Peterson or Prince, and the option of Castonzo should be wide open if we go on a winning streak.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-13-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i wouldn't mind trading back into the 1st round for bruce carter. then we'd have two of the most physically gifted athletes in the draft. (and peterson)
That would be a sweet strategy! 2 of the most dominate defensive players in the draft in Peterson & Carter. Both would be starters. (like the Suh/Best draft strategy from this year)
Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

this draft is loaded with skill position guys, but is otherwise top-heavy. I'm not really too concerned about getting rid of later picks if we can get more out of the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
That would be a sweet strategy! 2 of the most dominate defensive players in the draft in Peterson & Carter. Both would be starters. (like the Suh/Best draft strategy from this year)
Yeah Peterson if we pick really really early, otherwise with a mid-early pick I like Akamura (sp) or Quinn, although he might drop with his suspension.

Are there any tackles yet projected in the top ten? Any guards we could take in the 2nd round? I'd like to see us use one of the two early picks on the line. I think backus if good at LT (I don't blame him for the Peppers sack as much as it being 'no one' can really stop Peppers), but we can use more talent in other areas. RT, either guard....
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Yeah Peterson if we pick really really early, otherwise with a mid-early pick I like Akamura (sp) or Quinn, although he might drop with his suspension.

Are there any tackles yet projected in the top ten? Any guards we could take in the 2nd round? I'd like to see us use one of the two early picks on the line. I think backus if good at LT (I don't blame him for the Peppers sack as much as it being 'no one' can really stop Peppers), but we can use more talent in other areas. RT, either guard....
I really don't see us taking a guard unless they are clearly BPA. Raiola and Peterman were extended by this FO and still have 2 years left. Peterman has been playing poorly(mainly penalites and run blocking) and Raiola is Raiola in the run blocking dept but I just don't see them being replaced unless they severely tank the remaining 11 games. Rob Sims was just extended for 4 years. Jason Fox is next in line if Gosder tanks, but Gosder has been playing better. Backus is the only one I could see being replaced in Round 2 or Round 1 if LT is clearly BPA over a CB/OLB/DE. But except for the Peppers sack, Backus has been playing fairly well once again. One more year of Backus at LT wouldn't surpise me. A nice road grading guard or center would make me happy but I see the focus being in the back 7 with CB and OLB.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i have came to realize more and more that this is one of the worst drafts in recent years for left tackles. its probably from not watching enough college football since i work every saturday. however, anytime that the top left tackle might not go until 15-20, its definitely slim pickings. with the value on the board, i kinda want a wide receiver so we can run bryant johnson and stefan logan out of town. we'll say 3rd or 4th round and Ronald Johnson out of USC. Really, any kind of skill weapon for Stafford would do there.
My Hopeful Mock
1. Peterson CB LSU
2. Bruce Carter OLB UNC
3. Greg Romeus DE Pitt
4. Ronald Johnson WR/RS USC
5. Quinton Carter S Oklahoma/Will Hill S Florida(i've seen mocks with Carter this low and with him 2nd rated S)
6. Kai Forbath K UCLA
7. Markus White DE Florida State

Hopefully Akeem Ayers keeps performing well and the trend of linebackers falling to the 2nd round continues.

*and yes, I think I'll end up doing one of these every day until the draft*

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 10-14-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i have came to realize more and more that this is one of the worst drafts in recent years for left tackles. its probably from not watching enough college football since i work every saturday. however, anytime that the top left tackle might not go until 15-20, its definitely slim pickings. with the value on the board, i kinda want a wide receiver so we can run bryant johnson and stefan logan out of town. we'll say 3rd or 4th round and Ronald Johnson out of USC. Really, any kind of skill weapon for Stafford would do there.
My Hopeful Mock
1. Peterson CB LSU
2. Bruce Carter OLB UNC
3. Greg Romeus DE Pitt
4. Ronald Johnson WR/RS USC
5. Quinton Carter S Oklahoma/Will Hill S Florida(i've seen mocks with Carter this low and with him 2nd rated S)
6. Kai Forbath K UCLA
7. Markus White DE Florida State

Hopefully Akeem Ayers keeps performing well and the trend of linebackers falling to the 2nd round continues.

*and yes, I think I'll end up doing one of these every day until the draft*
A couple late first OTs I like are Derrick Sherrod and Demarcus Love. I wouldn't mind moving up to draft them. I was hoping Marcus McNeil would have a falling out with the Chargers and hit the market but he re-signed.

I think Ayers could be slotted in to Julian Peterson's role. We really need a LB. Levy should have been put on the PUP. Peterson will be 33 and an expiring contract.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I would say take Peterson and be happy. Just like Suh this year, he is a game changer.
For 2012, take Vontaze Burfict from Arizona St and have a beast MLB for the next decade. All 3 levels would have cornerstones for the franchise in it. Thats what it takes. Burfict is about legit as it gets as a MIKE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
I would say take Peterson and be happy. Just like Suh this year, he is a game changer.
For 2012, take Vontaze Burfict from Arizona St and have a beast MLB for the next decade. All 3 levels would have cornerstones for the franchise in it. Thats what it takes. Burfict is about legit as it gets as a MIKE.
Patrick Peterson should be the obvious choice for the Lions. But I just did some research on Vontaze Burfict and there is only one thing I can say is that he is MONSTER!!! He would definitely be perfect for the MLB position in Detroit. I love his intensity and he shows no hesitation in putting a big hit on someone.

Here are his stats:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=480353

And a short, but sweet video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OKP-BGpe3A
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

He is a little crazy with the personal fouls but hopefully he can get rid of them. I like Shane Skov from Stanford as well.

For this Draft, I like Martez Wilson from lllinois. I think he will test out GREAT and with good coaching could be a steal. Kid is athletic as hell but just not coached to be a MLB. He could be a real good OLB too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Joyner article on espn insider

Chris Houston is not only bucking this trend, he is also making a case for a potential Pro Bowl nomination. His 4.9 YPA is the type of mark that would normally end up ranking among the top 20 cornerbacks in that category at season's end. Alphonso Smith, Houston's cornerback battery mate, isn't quite in that class, but his 6.1 YPA mark is not far behind.

One player who is helping make that possible is NFL defensive rookie of the year front-runner Ndamukong Suh. His 6.5 sacks are the most of any defensive tackle in the league this season, but he is also proving to be a dominant force against the run. He has won nine out of 34 one-on-one point of attack (POA) blocks so far this year. That equates to a 26.5 percent POA win rate, which places him only a few percentage points below the 30 percent mark that is the benchmark for excellence in this category.
awesome little facts that show how well we're turning things around.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-07-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well looking at the standings it looks like we have moved back into the 5th overall spot which puts us closer to Peterson again. Now if the Cowboys could just win some games...

Also I want to point out one linebacker I saw that we could get in the second round. I came across Dontay Moch and this guy is a freak of nature. He weighs about 245 and back in August he ran a 4.08, 4.18, and 4.20 consecutively. Here is a article on it:http://www.nfldraftbible.com/NFL-Ins...time-ever.html
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 11-07-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GREG ROMEUS OR JABAAL SHEARD WILL BE BEASTS!

Or we can take man child Jonathan Baldwin in the 2nd... if he drops.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're gonna need to acquire somewhere around 6 LB's in the offseason.

Also some non-penalty getting offensive linemen would help us out a lot.