Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell did Ndamukong Suh change how we view the defensive tackle position? I get you're trying to appreciate the season that Suh had, but he didn't change anything. He was just an elite prospect in a system he fit well into with good coaching that happened to be playing a pitiful conference worth of interior offensive linemen. And if Suh wasn't there, Gerald McCoy was still a bad, bad man.

As far as who is going to have a dominant season the way Suh had, I'll throw out Cameron Heyward. He was good last year, but he's going to be even better this year focusing on his hand use and his technique. He's going to hurt some people's feelings.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there were a few more guys in the past that had "Suh-like impacts" on a season. I'd put Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Darren McFadden and Tim Tebow as guys who just completely took over a season. Not just took over the season as a whole, but every week just completely dominated the game they were in. The media hype is also fairly big in this, you need to be reminded every week that the guy is amazing for the masses to really have that guy as the person they think of for the season. As dominating Suh was last season, I'd probably take Chris Long's senior year. Long got a lot of attention (and some Heisman hype) but not the attention Suh got.

As for next season, I think the two that have the best chance are Jake Locker and Patrick Peterson. Locker has insane amounts of skill and the legs to put up some sick rushing stats to go along with what should be a very good year passing. If he can get Washington to 8-9 wins I think he'll get the consistent media attention to be a "player of the season" type guy. Peterson is getting a fair amount of hype early but I think he could have the type of season where he gets labeled as one of the best to ever play the position in college.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Legend234
Rookie

Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.Legend234 is a cocksman.

im saying Jonathan Baldwin will become the next Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson type of player/prospect. I think I like him as a prospect more than most though. A.J. Green will be another great receiver prospect, just not as freakish as Baldwin.
Legend234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend234 View Post
im saying Jonathan Baldwin will become the next Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson type of player/prospect. I think I like him as a prospect more than most though. A.J. Green will be another great receiver prospect, just not as freakish as Baldwin.
Yeah, I don't know jack about Pitt's QB situation, but I see Baldwin emerging as the top WR prospect heading into the 2011 draft.

Physically, (height/weight/speed), I think he's going to remind a lot of people of Calvin Johnson.

As for Suh, someone said they would take Chris Long's final season at UVA over Suh's at Nebraska.

Well, the hype for Suh IMO begins and ends with his sack #s and total tackles; 82 total tckles (47 solo) and 12 sacks, all rushing from the interior.

Chris Long, for instance, had 79 total total tackles and 14 sacks as a senior; IMO Long's hype came primarily because of his bloodlines. If his last name had been Armstrong, Long would have been a top 15 selection, not the 2nd pick in the NFL draft.

For a DT, if there's a player I would compare to Suh as far as impact in college during his final year, I'd say that Suh had a Terrell Suggs' like season, for an interior defensive player, ( Suggs set the NCAA record for sacks in 2002 with 24).

Who's the last DT that had an impact season as a rookie? Warren Sapp? Former Raider DT Darrell Russell??

Hopefully Suh will exceed them all.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Crick.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C.J. Feagles from UNC

Just wait till this kid declares, you will see nothing but "CJzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Feaglezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Yeah, I don't know jack about Pitt's QB situation, but I see Baldwin emerging as the top WR prospect heading into the 2011 draft.

Physically, (height/weight/speed), I think he's going to remind a lot of people of Calvin Johnson.
He is a freak. Really raw and needs to learn how to run better routes. Uses his pure athletic ability at this point in college. I color commentate the Pitt games, as for QB, they are banking on a 3-star gunslinger who can throw but may not be top notch. Wannastedt is a conservative and doesnt throw as much as he should.

Keep your eye on Greg Romeus for Suh Like impact....

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FOUR DOT FORTY FIVEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!11!!!11!!11!1!!1!!!1elev en!!11
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to say that Von Miller is going to have a ridiculous season, but we'll see how moving to a 3-4 turns out.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's going on with Will Campbell at Michigan? I liked him a ton coming out of hs.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Chris Long, for instance, had 79 total total tackles and 14 sacks as a senior; IMO Long's hype came primarily because of his bloodlines. If his last name had been Armstrong, Long would have been a top 15 selection, not the 2nd pick in the NFL draft.
That's just absurd. He had a great senior year. 14 sacks out of a 3-4 end is astounding. No NFL team is going to give a guy millions of dollars just because his dad is famous. There's too much at stake.

Last edited by Sniper : 06-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
What's going on with Will Campbell at Michigan? I liked him a ton coming out of hs.
Rawer than sushi. He played average competition in high school and dominated by being bigger than everyone else. He got annihilated against Iowa last year in his first extensive action, but you could see flashes down the stretch. Word is that he's really slimmed down and turned some fat into muscle. He was apparently around 340 last year when he reported to UM. He looked pretty solid in the spring game. He should be very good against the run but his pass rush repertoire is limited. UM needs a big year from him.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we may of got our answer to this last night.

Patrick Peterson is just on a whole different level than anybody else on the field. And with LSU now using in the return game, the impact he can have is even greater.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
That was nasty

I'm going with Marcel Dareus. Dude is raw.
Yeah that guy. Could be back at his top form of the finish of 09 but won't return until Wk. 3 (Bama vs. Duke that s/b a yawner, Dareus will knock the raw rust off). At Arkansas the next week is where he will be making his impact felt. Florida won't like facing him again in Wk. 5 when they come to T-Town.

Since Marvin Austin's UNC career looks like burnt toast now, as far as DTs are concerned I'll say it's Dareus & Cameron Heyward.

From any position for Suh-like impact, it's Peterson, who is looking like a top 5 pick next April, he will be the 1st corner/KR in awhile to earn top 5 $.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote