Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Joe M Charlie
Rookie

Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie Joe M Charlie
Default Who will be picking first next year?

OK the draft is over and now give me who you think will be picking first in next years draft. It can be any of the 32 teams.

Buffalo seems to be making a lot of heat, but Im gonna go with Jacksonville. They had a horrific draft and I look at thier schedule and I can only pin out 2-3 wins.

So what about you guys?
Joe M Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say the early favorites are Cleveland, St. Louis, and Buffalo.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say the browns, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the rams at #1 again.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id say Bills, Rams or Browns

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't a big fan of the Bills off season and the rest of the Div got better atleast on paper.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

They won't be picking first, but I am hoping the Raiders have the worst record for completely selfish reasons. Unlikely, though.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills or Browns have bad QB situations without a strong running game or defense to prop them up. I think it'll be one of those two.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
They won't be picking first, but I am hoping the Raiders have the worst record for completely selfish reasons. Unlikely, though.
Well said, sir. I as well

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bills or Browns have bad QB situations without a strong running game or defense to prop them up. I think it'll be one of those two.
The Browns had the 8th best rushing offense in the NFL last year, while starting Jamal Lewis for half the games and a turnstile at RT. They added a 2nd round runner, and a possible upgrade at RT (though probably not very great).

They also had the 8th most sacks last year, and that was while starting Brandon McDonald and Mike Adams at corner and Mike Furrey at Saftey... they've since added Sheldon Brown, Joe Haden and T.J. Ward.

While they probably will suck next year, I don't expect them to be near #1 overall, and your characterizations of the strengths and weaknesses of the Cleveland Browns are ill-informed.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta be the Bills. Worst run organization in football from top to bottom.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns will have a solid running game and that's about it.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
The Browns had the 8th best rushing offense in the NFL last year, while starting Jamal Lewis for half the games and a turnstile at RT. They added a 2nd round runner, and a possible upgrade at RT (though probably not very great).

They also had the 8th most sacks last year, and that was while starting Brandon McDonald and Mike Adams at corner and Mike Furrey at Saftey... they've since added Sheldon Brown, Joe Haden and T.J. Ward.

While they probably will suck next year, I don't expect them to be near #1 overall, and your characterizations of the strengths and weaknesses of the Cleveland Browns are ill-informed.
I don't care how many sacks they had, they gave up the 2nd most yards per game in the NFL (389.3) and 23.4 PPG last year. Adding Brown, Haden, and Ward should help but it's not going to be enough to overcome Jake Delhomme with nobody to throw to (unless you consider Massaquoi to be a "somebody"). Neither will a solid running game.

I never said the Browns had the worst rushing attack or defense. But neither is anywhere near strong enough to overcome what will probably be absolutely atrocious QB play.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only possible wins I see on the Bills' schedule are the Jags, Lions, Chiefs and Bears. I think all 4 of those teams are better than the Bills right now.

The Lions, Rams, Redskins and Browns all have a shot at the top. The Raiders should be much better with an friendly schedule and no JRuss.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to sound bandwagon but I've got to say the Bills as well. I love the Bills for beating Denver in week 17 of 08 but seriously they have no QB, no O-line, no D, and no coach.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was the Bills before the draft, nothing about it makes me think otherwise. I don't see one QB on that roster mustering up a few wins on a team with a great offensive line, let alone the one they have.

Terrible QB's + terrible offensive line = #1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The only possible wins I see on the Bills' schedule are the Jags, Lions, Chiefs and Bears. I think all 4 of those teams are better than the Bills right now.

The Lions, Rams, Redskins and Browns all have a shot at the top. The Raiders should be much better with an friendly schedule and no JRuss.
I don't think the Raiders getting Campbell puts them over the Skins getting Mcnabb. I think people will soon realize that Campbell was the one keeping us from being a 7 or 8 win team at least. Russell does suck but his delivery as way quicker than Campbell's. I just feel like Jason is going to get murdered. Slow delivery and inability to make reads is not good when you don't have a great O-line and superior weapons.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Buffalo picks first next year with St. Louis, Cleveland, Denver, and eh, I dunno who else in the top 5.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say bills and then they draft locker, luck or mallet

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not buying the Skins at all. I think they are gunna surprise some people this year. I dont think 8 wins is completely out of reach for them, even in their division.

The Browns will be bad, yes, and if they keep Jake Delhomme as the starter all year, its gunna get worse. That run game they have isnt gunna do a whole lot against Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and I dont think that Jake Delhomme is going to be torching those defenses either.

That said, it has to be the Bills. They have very little talent on that roster, and didnt really do a whole lot to upgrade it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess Buffalo. They added talent, to be sure, but failed to procure any real short term help at the most vital positions. Honestly though, it's probably the right time for the team to bottom out. Between Locker and Mallett (I doubt Luck leaves school early) they are potentially facing a pretty decent QB class next year and they would likely see a lot of turnover in the front office and coaching staff.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

The Chiefs or the Bills. They didn't do nearly enough in the offseason to improve their terrible teams.

The Lions will surprise people and could win more than 8 games this year. The Rams will not be good, but they will be better with Bradford. The Redskins will win at least 6 games with McNabb. The Raiders will win at least 6 games with Campbell and their excellent draft.

That leaves the Chiefs and the Bills. Getting a potential All-Pro safety in the draft, and a potential All-Pro running back, respectively, is not nearly enough to improve these two terrible teams.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually surprised that there are so many people picking the Browns. I don't expect to be good next season but I think 6 wins is doable. We play the Bucs, Chiefs, Jags, and Bills next season, all of which are winnable games. If Big Ben doesn't get his suspension reduced, we catch the Steelers minus him, which gives us a shot. The defense will be much improved with another year under Rex Ryan and numerous upgrades to the secondary. There is no way you can say Delhomme is a downgrade from our QB situation from last year, so say that he's terrible, but we have still improved at the position by bringing him in. Watson is a legit threat in the passing game, and Massaquoi will continue to improve. The RB position has improved, and we've seen rookie running backs burst onto the scene every season, so I think Hardesty/Harrison/Hillis, aka Triple H (yeah, I just thought of that!), will work well.

I know the homer/optimist is getting the better of me a little here, but I don't think we are in contention for the #1 pick, I think we are headed in the right direction, and at worst end up picking in a similar spot (#7) again next year.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm...browns on paper look better than TB, DET, STL, KC, and a few other teams. Not sure why they're such a popular choice considering how well they finished the season, winning their final four games behind a dominating running game and tough defensive efforts by a bunch of no-names....they ran for like 250 on Pittsburgh with just Josh Cribbs and Chris Jennings.

I would say Tampa Bay, Detroit, St.Louis. The usual suspects as they say. Buffalo I want to say but they always manage to win enough games to be in that 8-12 range despite not having good talent on the OLine, QB, or at WR.

I like to look at how teams played at the end of the year. Jets, Titans, Texans, and Browns all kicked butt at the end of the year. I think they'll all have hot starts.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 04-30-2010 at 04:03 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the thing that no one really wants to realize around this time of year is that some teams get markedly worse, not incrementally better.

I think Denver could wind up sitting in the top 5 next year. If Chris Johnson doesn't go out and completely carry that Titans team again, I could see them tumbling down. Same deal with Jacksonville and MJD.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I'm actually surprised that there are so many people picking the Browns. I don't expect to be good next season but I think 6 wins is doable. We play the Bucs, Chiefs, Jags, and Bills next season, all of which are winnable games. If Big Ben doesn't get his suspension reduced, we catch the Steelers minus him, which gives us a shot. The defense will be much improved with another year under Rex Ryan and numerous upgrades to the secondary. There is no way you can say Delhomme is a downgrade from our QB situation from last year, so say that he's terrible, but we have still improved at the position by bringing him in. Watson is a legit threat in the passing game, and Massaquoi will continue to improve. The RB position has improved, and we've seen rookie running backs burst onto the scene every season, so I think Hardesty/Harrison/Hillis, aka Triple H (yeah, I just thought of that!), will work well.

I know the homer/optimist is getting the better of me a little here, but I don't think we are in contention for the #1 pick, I think we are headed in the right direction, and at worst end up picking in a similar spot (#7) again next year.
When did Rex Ryan leave the Jets to coach the Browns defense?

The problem with the Browns is that a.) They still don't have a quarterback and b.) Their defense is still mediocre, even with Joe Haden and Sheldon Brown, neither of whom is anything more than merely a solid corner.

Delhomme is absolutely terrible. I'd rather have Brady Quinn than Delhomme, if I were a coach. I'm definitely not sold on Colt McCoy, and he will contribute nothing in 2010. Seneca Wallace is a career backup, and he's basically your best chance - that's not good.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote