Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Grade
A+ 6 20.69%
A 7 24.14%
A- 9 31.03%
B+ 5 17.24%
B 0 0%
B- 2 6.90%
C+ 0 0%
C 0 0%
C- 0 0%
D 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grade the 2010 draft class

1. Ndamukong Suh, DT - Nebraska
1. Jahvid Best, RB - Cal
3. Amari Spievey, CB - Iowa
4. Jason Fox, OT - Miami
7. Willie Young, DE - NC State
7. Tim Toone, WR - Weber St.

5th rounder for Corey Williams,DT
5th rounder for Rob Sims, OG
6th rounder for Chris Houston, CB
2011 7th rounder for Shaun Hill, QB

Share your thoughts about the draft class and what you may have done differently.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I approve of an A because Suh and Best are Lions, Spuh-vay is going to start, Fox has solid potential as a tackle, and Willie Young could be a solid situational pass rusher. Of course the badass trades didn't hurt.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great draft. A. only thing keeping it from an A+ is losing value in the Best trade. he may not have been there at the top of the 2nd, but it still cost us either chris cook and everson griffen/bruce campbell.

Suh-adding Sims made this easy. would not have done differently.
Best-i would have waited, but i still like the idea of the trade up.
Spievey-love the pick. i may have went with bowman or chad jones though.
Fox-reshad jones, larry asante, and petrus were tempting but i love the idea of fox as our swingman at tackle and potential heir. it makes next year's draft less dependent on need.

williams, sims, houston, and hill trades were all about mayhew stealing talent at low cost. even when he thought he overpaid in houston, he went ahead and strong-armed things down to fix his mistake. A+ in predraft deals.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say A-.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A- from my side as well.

I thought we should of got one more person in the secondary.
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say A+, but considering I'm still not 100% on board on Spievey and that weird 7th for future 6th trade I'll say B+. More than adequate.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said A+ since we drafted starters and used 3rd day picks to get other starters. Very well orchestrated draft. Also we landed the biggest talent in the draft in Suh.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gotta love this feeling. i remember giving our gosder draft a B. this is on a totally different level.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best is going to help Stafford out a ton in the flats and curls, Suh, well yeah.
Spievey could develop into a #1 guy but he needs some work. Fox is a great OL who can probably play RT or LT in the future, and Willie Young is a long lanky pass rush/decent tackler who could be a poor mans Julian Peterson.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave it an A-. I love the first four picks. The trades were exceptional, although I'm not a big fan of Chris Houston. But for a 6th round pick? I have no problem with that. As has been stated above, I'd have liked another guy in the secondary, but you can't get everything, and an improved pass rush should help the secondary a ton.

And hey, who knows? Someone from the UDFA group might turn out to be a nice role player in the secondary in a couple years, though we didn't sign anyone I can honestly say I'm incredibly knowledgable about.

I love the feeling of these last two Mayhew drafts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
7. Tim Toone, WR - Weber St.
I love how Tim Toone's photo looks like a bad rasta-photo shop job on an otherwise normal looking white dude. I bet that guy is a real character.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

I gave 'em a B-, the lowest grade awarded so far, but that was without considering the draft picks traded away for established veterans. I amend my grade to A-.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No grade. I'm not qualified ... neither are any of you couch jockies!
What are you basing it on?

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

I'm not trying to be all negative or anything, but not 1 NFL snap has been played yet and grades get handed out. It drives me bananas! In college, Do professors assign students grades when we walk in the first class & get handed the syllabus? NO you douchtards, life does not work that way!!! ;o)

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 05-04-2010 at 09:29 PM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

I'm not trying to be all negative or anything, but not 1 NFL snap has been played yet and grades get handed out. It drives me bananas! In college, Do professors assign students grades when we walk in the first class & get handed the syllabus? NO you douchtards, life does not work that way!!! ;o)
I grade this post a D+, lol

I look at if teams addressed needs, what kind of value the team got when drafting, and then I mix in personal opinions about the guys they drafted.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

This is a forum that discusses the draft. EVERYTHING up to this point is hearsay speculation and popularity. BOOOOOOOOO 1978!!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, I know ... boo me ;o)
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hearsay?
Speculation?
Popularity?

Life doesn't but internet forums do.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Fox could be the most pivotal pick for the Lions in 2010. I think he starts somewhere on that Oline and gives Stafford and Megatron more chances to get nasty in the passing game.

I see a big turnaround season for Detroit in 2010, 8-8 seems very realistic IMO.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A+ Im a little late, but it was a terrific draft. You have at least two starters and loads of depth.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote