Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My Draft along Steelers Draft

Every year I pick a player I would of picked when the Steelers pick is up. Here's how my draft would of looked if I was the GM. Tell me what you think.

RD1- Maurkice Pouncey OC Florida
I almost went Brian Bulaga but thought OC was a bigger need at the moment.

RD2- Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
Could not believe Tate was still on the board. Thought he was a perfect fit for our offense. And a nice replacement for Ward in a year or two.

RD3- Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
I know he is a workout worrier but you take away his combine and he was a legit third round pick just on production.

RD4- Cam Thomas DT North Carolina
Again could not believe he was still on the board. And he actually fell a lot further. Everytime the next pick came up I thought it was going to be him. And he almost fell to us in round 5. Which would of made this pick look a lot worse.

RD5- Clifton Geathers DL South Carolina
6-6 300lbs would work perfect in the 3-4 as a DE.

RD5- Marshall Newhouse OG TCU
Was just too good to pass up. Even though not much of a need.

RD5- Carlton Mitchell WR USF
Again I had a 3rd round grade on him. This was we have a replacement for Holmes and with this pick Sweed!

RD6- Dorin Dickerson TE/HB/WR Pittsburgh
This kid has too much talent to be on the board at this point. I'd find a way to get him on the field.

RD6- Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma St
We will carry 4 QB's with Ben being suspended. Leftwich will start so let Dixon, Batch and Robinson fight it out was my thought for the #3 spot.

RD7- Brandon Banks KR Kansas St
Again too much talent to pass on here. Was lightening in college and was actually a real good receiver too.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's how I'd have done it:

1. C/OG Maurkice Pouncey - Like the guy, good pick.

2. WR Golden Tate - Really surprised he was here, and I think he really should have been the pick. If we were going to go WR in the next round, might as well have been Tate.

3. OT Bruce Campbell - Agree on Campbell being great value here.

4. OLB Thaddeus Gibson - Can't believe he was still available in the 4th.

5. DE Arthur Jones - He's good, but he was injured for most of the season.

5. WR Carlton Mitchell - Agree with your assesment.

5. OLB Arthur Moats - would be a great fit for us.

6. RB Jonathan Dwyer - Wouldn't change this pick for the world. Right now, at least :D

6. S Myron Rolle - good value for a guy who could be better than people think; he only fell this much due to his unproven commitment to football.

7. RB LeGarrette Blount - I don't care if we already took a RB, Blount with this pick would be great value and a guy who could be a good, solid RB. Character issues removed him from our boards though.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote