Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-13-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 years? Wow, seems pretty long for a guy who's been close to leaving for the past two years now.
I'm down. Get to work on this youth movement we've semi-started already

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt this has much to do with youth. Probably has more to do with using Rivers as a bridge to bring in some players in 2013 and start over. Doubt Doc would have signed if it was another "blow it up and maybe go to the lottery" kind of thing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is hard to watch the team shell out ******** amounts of cash for borderline good players line Carl Crawford, though. I have a hard time caring about the team when they pull suit like that. The Gonzalez trade was great, but I'm tired of seeing my team buy half-decent to solid players like Crawford and Lackey for contracts that amount to more than most teams' entire payrolls.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with that much, although more for Lackey than Crawford.

Crawford is starting to hit and show what he can bring to the table after that hardcore slump. I don't agree at all with paying that much money per year for stolen bases and defense(or paying for stolen bases at all), but the team thinks he can hit for power in Fenway, which we are seeing a bit right now.

Lackey was a total **** signing at the time and is even worse now. No idea why they decided that was the best use of their dollars, besides the make the ever so important 'splash'. Not doing much good right now. I feel for the guy and his situation with his wife, but he really never deserved the contract he got or projected to pitch very well in the AL East. Would have been much better off for both parties to let him go pitch for the Mets and in the National League.

Regular metrics can't even quantify how bad Lackey sucks right now, even. His ground ball % is down more than 10% from last year and his K's are down big time as well. So essentially, we have a fly ball pitcher who is getting clobbered right now. H

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-13-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping the Mets make a run and get desperate so the Sox can dump his ass. It's time to bring Andrew Miller up and for Lackey to go on a 30- or 60-day DL stint.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I doubt this has much to do with youth. Probably has more to do with using Rivers as a bridge to bring in some players in 2013 and start over. Doubt Doc would have signed if it was another "blow it up and maybe go to the lottery" kind of thing.
Youth movement =/= Blowing it up

They showed that they are too old. Playing 40+ mins/game made them garbage at games end.
Adding some young legs to the post would be heaven sent help

Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They have no young bigs and no young shooters. The only young-ish guys worth a crap are Rondo and Green.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not a basketball fan, but what I've seen over the last few years of the Celtics (and the NBA in general) is that they will need to blow it up soon. I don't understand what they could do to get the pieces to make another championship run.

Shaq (while not expected to be a contributor past this year) is totally done. He has zero left. The other O'Neil center (who's first name is escaping me) is done too.

KG looks done. He may have another season in him as a role player, but he isn't going to carry anything. He totally disappeared in Miami.

Ray Allen is a freak of nature, but he's a spot up shooter. He's not going to carry a team anywhere. He needs other stars around him.

Paul Peirce is... well, sort of borderline. He seemed done at times and others he came alive.

Rondo isn't carrying anything. That kid can't score. There is a lot to love about him, but this is a point scoring league and he doesn't do it.

They lack a C. They lacked quality depth.

To make this worse, they seemed to shoot a low percentage and the Heat will burn you (no pun intended) in up and down basketball. You have to force Miami to play in a half court offense. You can't brick that many shots.

The Perkins trade may have been for a lot of good reasons, but trading younger players and replacing them with aging veterans (like Shaq) is never a good idea. I don't remember what the Cs got, but they basically gave up any hope this group has at a championship.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Youth movement =/= Blowing it up
Youth movement implies that getting young is the priority. What we did in the Gerald Green/Al Jefferson era was a youth movement. I think what we're going for is a retooling type thing, going after good players ready to contend that are younger than the ones we have right now. Really looks like we're gearing up to cast a lot in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes...whenever it starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm hoping the Mets make a run and get desperate so the Sox can dump his ass. It's time to bring Andrew Miller up and for Lackey to go on a 30- or 60-day DL stint.
Unfortunately, I doubt he would be taken in the shape he's in right now. We're not even talking Brad Penny National League projection right now, he just flat out sucks. That's not even getting into the fact his contract basically marries us to him.

Miller isn't the answer either, he would get eaten alive in the major leagues as a starter right now, and maybe as a reliever. He's allowed 24 BB's in 30 IP. At that clip, we might be better off living with Lackey. He's got a .197 BABIP to go along with that with average strikeout production...so yeah, that 2 something ERA is very deceiving. He still has a long way to go.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Youth movement implies that getting young is the priority. What we did in the Gerald Green/Al Jefferson era was a youth movement. I think what we're going for is a retooling type thing, going after good players ready to contend that are younger than the ones we have right now. Really looks like we're gearing up to cast a lot in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes...whenever it starts.
I think we're arguing over semantics here because I agree with what you just said. I just call that a youth movement. A smart one since we're trying to remain contenders at the same time.

D.Howard? haha... I friggin' wish! Not saying it isn't possible, it's just too good to be true so I doubt it'll happen.
What type of proposal could you see us making to Orlando?
Or do you think we'll pick him up as a FA a year from now?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are not getting D howard haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's pretty clear we're going to give it a shot, at least. I'm not sure Doc serves out the entire tenure of that contract otherwise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ah man, all you did was get my hopes up so I can cry when he goes to the Lakers :(

Old 05-16-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i will say, i really wish we got harden instead of jeff green...... dudes a beast and can fill it up. apparently thats who we originally coveted in that deal...

and dwight is not coming to boston. mark it down.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem for the Cs to get Howard is that he will likely not ever hit FA. So they would have to trade something for him. The question is what can the they trade that would beat out other teams offers?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

^^^ That's pretty much the issue.
Unless we take J.Green/Kristic/BBaby(sign-n-trade) and some picks away
Two young guys and picks... not very sexy but I really don't know what else they could give up realistically.
Rondo has his limits but I love him as a pg. I don't see any of the Big 3 getting traded either.
Not from the Boston side but I doubt the Orlando Magic want old vets. They're looking for young pieces to grow around

Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Great 2-run game winning double by AGonz. Love this guy.
And... Lackey to 15 day DL. Sweet as well. He sucks.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

http://www.hoopsglobe.com/2011/05/17...s-career-over/

You think we give G.Oden a chance? At this point, why not?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

def worth the chance in my opinion. sign him to a two year deal for cheap money, and see how it goes. he has played somewhat well when hes been healthy, going to give you rebounding and defense. really couldnt ask for more

Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Oh yeah. Definitely give Oden a shot. He's a talented young big...the C's need talented young bigs... How can they not go after that possibility?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ter&id=6556219

An article about who we may target in the off-season.
Outside of Landry and JR Smith, everyone is either a bad fit or an unrealistic signing (Dalembert)

Half game back in the AL East :)

I don't watch much hockey but I still root for the Bruins who are 2-2 againt TB right now.
Anyone up to speed with the series?

Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

BoSox are on ******* fire. I'm a lil scared that these injuries are going to catch up to us sooner or later.
Dice-K (won't matter if A.Miller looks good), Lowrie (shoulder), Bucholz (back), Youk (illness), Crawford (hamstring)...
Big Papi and A-Gonz are going bananas right now though. Reminds me of the Papi/ManRam days

Old 06-18-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BoSox are on ******* fire. I'm a lil scared that these injuries are going to catch up to us sooner or later.
Dice-K (won't matter if A.Miller looks good), Lowrie (shoulder), Bucholz (back), Youk (illness), Crawford (hamstring)...
Big Papi and A-Gonz are going bananas right now though. Reminds me of the Papi/ManRam days
i guess the good counterargument is thank god its happening now, and not in september and october.. even with all these injuries, we are still playing insane ball..... we are gunna be pretty scary once everyone is completely healthy

and to the celts article above ^^ i dont really see any of those guys as fits. i think danny is only going to want to give out one year deals because he is going to start the complete rebuilding next year. all of the guys mentioned are prolly gunna want multiyear deals

Old 06-19-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Celtics: I'll admit, I like the idea of having JR coming off the bench scoring 20ppg
Though I'm sure it's not likely to happen.

BoSox: Yea, I guess it's better for us to go through the injury bug early on. I wish Jed could play one whole season though. He's a special talent. He's like JD Drew minus the ridiculous contract.

A-Gonz: MVP
J.Beckett: Cy Young

I'm going to the BoSox vs Phillies game on the 28th in Philly. Should be a lot of fun!
I'm hopeing for a Beckett/Lester vs R.Holliday/C.Lee match up.
I saw Oswalt pitch last year in Philly (vs Giants). Watching Bucholz pitch would be nice too.
It's just the whole 10-win pitcher (Lester... soon) or Beckett (lowest ERA) vs Cy Young winner... too good to pass up if possible

edit: Also, heard on ESPN... Boston is the first town to win a championship in the four main sports in a ten year period.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!

Last edited by Nalej : 06-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!
what about the 90 years in which the sox won nothing, 40 years in which the patriots of foxboro won anything and the 40 year span in which the bruins won nothing. yes they have had a terrific run in last ten years and i'm not overlooking that. But they've only had one franchise have consistent success over the course of time. i'm not trying to come off as a hater but i just think declaring it the "city of champions" is an overreaction as history would indicate otherwise.

Last edited by TACKLE : 06-19-2011 at 01:03 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote