Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone did.

I'm personally more interested in seeing where the chaos leads over limping into the playoffs anyway. Time to pay the piper for the bad contracts and going on cruise control in August.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I think everyone did.

I'm personally more interested in seeing where the chaos leads over limping into the playoffs anyway. Time to pay the piper for the bad contracts and going on cruise control in August.
Carl Crawford and Lackey contracts are laughably bad. How the **** are we going to keep Ellsbury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. Theo's language in the presser was....interesting. Said he couldn't comment from anything other than an emotional perspective in regards to the makeup of the team and the way they responded this month. Might be setting ourselves up for a good old fashioned "save my job by blaming the manager" type of thing. I put this more on Theo than Tito, personally. You just can't spend money like that on players who don't help you year in and year out. It hurt us this year and has been hurting us since Edgar Renteria walked in the door.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I mean is anyone surprised, I saw this coming months ago.
Fixed it for you.

Not surprised. Not even really upset. I was just having fun with it tonight and trolling a bit to lighten the atmosphere of the situation.

Really is amazing how many people just live to watch Boston sports teams lose moreso than for their own teams to win.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least the Sox weren't the only one to leave embarrassed by an epic collapse.

Quote:
The Cardinals got their playoff spot when the Braves fell to Philadelphia 4-3 in 13 innings.

St. Louis trailed Atlanta by 10 games on Aug. 25. The Cardinals won 23 of their last 31 games.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Carl Crawford and Lackey contracts are laughably bad. How the **** are we going to keep Ellsbury?
Well, JD Drew's contract is up now. That's 14-17 mill freed up.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I REALLY don't like the idea of Theo spending 17M to fix the team. I've seen that movie before.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too keep Ellsbury? I'll do it, easy. Probably MVP if we make playoffs.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, misinterpreted that. That should be Ellsbury money.

But yeah, I'm totally sick of his free agent signings at this point. It's not even like they've been "OK"....they've been a god damn disaster. The only one that has sort of worked out has been JD Drew and he's as divisive a figure as they come.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ugh, if JD Drew's our best FA acquisition.
What about Manny and Papi?
Not sure who the GM was when they signed though
Seems like Theo's been here forever now.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Manny was Dan Duquette. We can give Ortiz to Theo....but not much was expected of him anyway. That one kind of surprised everyone.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Alright...

Who starts (hopefully for a full season) at RF for us?
What will our rotation look like? (What would you like it to look like?)
Who closes? Bard? Palp? Jenks? Other?
Scuturo? Lowrie? Other as our starting shortstop?

Any surprising cuts/signing?

(I need to think about anything else outside of MLB playoffs)

Old 09-29-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who starts (hopefully for a full season) at RF for us?

Reddick

What will our rotation look like? (What would you like it to look like?)

Beckett, Lester, Bucholz, Dice-K, Lackey

Who closes? Bard? Palp? Jenks? Other?

Bard

Scuturo? Lowrie? Other as our starting shortstop?

Lowrie is better, but is best-suited for the Red Sox as their utility IF. Jose Reyes is up...is JJ Hardy's contract up? Jimmy Rollins?

Any surprising cuts/signing?

I'd be surprised if they finally sack Wake.

(I need to think about anything else outside of MLB playoffs)
Old 09-30-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Francona. He's the best manager the Sox have ever had, I think he just struggled to manage the mercenaries we hired effectively. If it's me, I'm jettisoning as many overpriced veterans as possible and trying to build a cohesive team instead of an All-Star team. I'm sick of rooting for the Yankees.

I'd like to see Epstein back in Boston next year, but if I have to pick between Tito and Theo, I'm keeping Tito. Epstein has blown numerous big-money free agent signings (Lugo, Drew, Lackey, Dice-K, Crawford, David Wells, Rent-a-wreck, etc.) and his first championship was won primarily with players Dan Duquette left him.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really want to see some wholesale changes to this team. I'm done with fat(literally), under performing free agents. I wish that didn't mean major changes in management since I like both Theo and Tito....but it probably does. Some of the stuff coming out in the press about why we're at the point we're at is just really, really messy. It's only going to get worse too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Tito, you can do so much better than this group. Good for you.

Let's all hope and pray we don't get some Buck Showalter wannabe who is going to come in here and try to fix the team. That's a recipe for disaster.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

So glad they traded Kelley Shoppach for Coco Crisp when they didn't have any catchers coming through the system and haven't found someone to let Tek stay retired still...
Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'll take our current catchers and twilight years Tek over Shoppach. He's gone through stretches where he just can't hit for anything. Two bombs in a playoff game probably isn't happening again for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleacher Report says there are rumors in L.A. floating around that if the Dodgers move Either then Boston would be the likely landing spot. Probably would get Reddick and a high pitching prospect in return.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Not so much Shoppach's hitting because that's been up and down (I think he would have much better/consistent career numbers if he'd stayed with Boston), but he's been one of the better defensive catchers, and one of the most difficult to run on.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Watching the Rays and Yankees go down in flames almost makes up for the epic Sox collapse.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Watching the Rays and Yankees go down in flames almost makes up for the epic Sox collapse.
I second this. After the collapse, these were the best case scenarios.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

So we're giving this guy a private workout?
Anyone heard of him before? RH OF with a big bat.
Owns the Cuban HR record. Not sure how raw this guy is.
Never heard of him til now.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

So the B's have a player in the Top Million in points for the first time in forever (ever?)... That's cool, bro.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So the B's have a player in the Top Million in points for the first time in forever (ever?)... That's cool, bro.
We look amazing right now. Our top six has two of the best lines in hockey, and I love our bottom six guys like Kelly, Paille, Campbell, and Thornton. Horton really hasn't even been playing well if he heats up watch out. Chara has been unbeleivable and the rest of the defense has been solid, I'd like to see more from McQuaid and Boychuk though. Rask looks like he has put last year behind him too.

What's everyone's thoughts on Bobby V?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote