Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ... and the Celtics just won an NBA season high 13 straight with all their injries
No biggie...

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garnett's injured :( Injury bug's in town. Attacked the BoSox, Pats and Celts.

Okijima's back on a one year deal. Will compete in ST for the lefty position in the bullpen.
I hope he regains his stuff...

Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't though. Same **** every year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, which is why I don't mind that he has to earn his spot with Doubont, Miller, (two other lefties that I can't think of) all fighting for a roster spot as a lefty BP'er

Old 01-02-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is good we're not counting on him. Doubront likely starts the year in that role for us and Miller probably contributes down the stretch after we play with his mechanics.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ray Allen... All Time Three Point King

Old 02-12-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Crawford is ready. Prepare your anus New York.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-12-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nice video. No pop ups in Fenway anymore.
Ellsbury and Crawford are going to be erasers with their speed.
I can't wait to see where Tito places CC in that lineup.
He can honestly go anywhere from 1 to the 6 hole.
Such a great problem to have there.

AGonz is ahead of schedule with his shoulder too.
Pedi still has some swelling/soreness but is close to 100 percent
Youk said he's 100 percent and so is Ellsbury.

I'm excited.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The real story of this off-season is the pitching. Can Clay Buchholz continue to pitch like a Cy Young candidate? Is Lester going to be able to hold up? How about the old and overpaid guys?

But it is nice not having to worry about the offense this off-season. Pleasant change.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Lester has proven he's consistant in my eyes. I have no worries there.
Bucholz is the question mark, I agree, but even if he regresses a bit... he'd still be pitching well.
Beckett worries me, the only thing that makes me feel like there's a chance he returns to form is that he came back BIG TIME after his last sub par season.
Lackey, I have no faith in. I expect him to be the highest paid 4/5 pitcher in the league. Garbage.
Dice-K, he started off the season a dissapointment and then came back in the 2nd half and ended strong. Realistically, I just want him to out pitch Lackey.

JD Drew, speaking of over paid guys, is still hampered by his hamstring (SURPRISE!)
So I expect a lot of Cameron this season... not really an issue since he's a RH bat and that's something this lineup needs anyways

Old 02-12-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I still really like JD Drew when he plays, but he doesn't play enough.

I'm still concerned about Lester. He showed some signs of fatigue at the end of last season and it really seems like he's been pitching a lot of innings. Not that I don't think he won't still be really good...but Josh Beckett has left a bad taste in my mouth in terms of pitchers sustaining success.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-13-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I still really like JD Drew when he plays, but he doesn't play enough. I'm still concerned about Lester. He showed some signs of fatigue at the end of last season and it really seems like he's been pitching a lot of innings. Not that I don't think he won't still be really good...but Josh Beckett has left a bad taste in my mouth in terms of pitchers sustaining success.
Pretty much sums up why I hate his contract.
One more year, and RF will belong to Riddick/Kalish. Can't wait.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Kalish I'm excited about....Reddick...well, if somehow devlops even average pitch recognition and patience, we'll talk haha. We all know the job belongs to Ryan Westmorland as soon as he completes his spectacular recovery and surges through the minor leagues anyway :)

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-22-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

souped for the red sox.

excited to see melo in NY.... now we can get our boston vs. new york thing on in basketball....

excited for the draft

bruins made a pretty big trade... lookin good

good time to be a New England sports fan

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruins moves look awesome, though Peverley needs to be good for the price we paid. Wheeler may have been somewhat underwhelming, but he and Stuart are both solid players.

Celtics traded my favorite player. I freakin love Perkins and now he's gone.

Sad panda :`(

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perk :`(

Perk is a Beast. And he was my favorite Celtic for the last 3-4 years. I'll miss him, but I think this was a great trade for the C's. Kristic and Green will provide the C's with aspects they desperately need both to make a strong playoff push as well as to continue to have success beyond the Big 3.

Green is the player they really have lacked since Posey and need desperately with Pierce and Allen on their way to retirement soon. He can be a really good player in the league and does everything.

I'm pretty perplexed that they couldn't find a way to keep Erden and/or Harangody. Erden's going to be damn good.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I feel you on Perk.
While Kristic isn't terrible, we're going to have to up his rebounding game since it's anemic.

Also, I think we lost game 7 because the Lakers had too much size... aka... we missed Perkins.
Perkins is recovering from ACL surgery and has a strained MCL now on the other knee.
Too go along with that, the fact that Perks refused a contract extension added to the fire.

I'm sad to see Erden go too. We need size. Can't depend on the O'Neals.

I love J.Green. He can't shoot three's like Posey but everything else is an upgrade over Posey.
I think he's the eventual replacement to Pierce too.
Rondo and Green are the future but at the same time, important to the team's short term goals.
We need another C still...

Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jeff Green a lot but losing Perk hurts, there is no way around that. In a few years I feel this will be the right move but it may cost us this year.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are the Celtics relying on two old big men?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm hoping they got Shaq on ice right now for the sole reason of having a healthy Shaq in the playoffs

Old 02-28-2011, 03:20 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm hoping they got Shaq on ice right now for the sole reason of having a healthy Shaq in the playoffs
Why are the Celtics pushing all of their chips in this year? Are the big 3 all going to be due contracts next year?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

No. I think Garnett is due up though. Could be wrong.
Either way, I just think with the age factor of them all, its pretty much win now.
That's why the Perk move was so puzzling, bc it disrupted chemistry.
I do like Greens versatility though. Another vet C who's a defensive specialist would be nice ala Theo Ratliff

Old 03-01-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

troy murphy signs with the celts. this guy will help out during the stretch run. celtics apparently have serious interest in corey brewer. brewer is a tony allen type and can help lock down kobe, wade in playoff series. I really hope we can get him as well, considering he did go to florida :-p..... we have some interest in dan gadzuric but i could care less about him lol

Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, I could care less about Dan. Do we have space for Brewer on the roster? lol
Seems like we have 489498 people on it already

Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Yea, I could care less about Dan. Do we have space for Brewer on the roster? lol
Seems like we have 489498 people on it already
brewer took much more money to sign with dallas. celtics instead have signed sasha pavlovic..... who you may recall played on some of lebron's playoff teams