Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bold Predictions for 2010 (early, possible Change)

Here are some bold predictions for the 2010 season:

- Aaron Rodgers lights up the stat book 40+ tds and wins MVP
- The Raiders finish at .500
- The Steelers fail to make the playoffs for a 2nd consecutive year.
- McNabb leads the skins to victory against philly in both meetings.
- Brett Favre decides to hang it up, leading the vikes to a wild card.
- Colt McCoy starts an NFL game before both Jimmy Clausen and Tim Tebow
- Sean Weatherspoon wins Defensive ROY
- Demaryious Thomas wins Off. ROY
- The Ravens and Packers make the super bowl.
- Matt Leinart leads the Cards to a 3rd straight div. title
- The Saints suffer "massive hangover", finish 2nd in division(wild card) to Atlanta.
- Even with all the talk about the Jets being the team to beat in the AFC east, they still finish 2nd, this time behind Miami.
- Patriots fail to make the playoffs for a 2nd time in 3 yrs.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 of those are very similar to my line of thinking.

I think Miami wins the division, and I think NO loses the divison to Atlanta.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Here are some bold predictions for the 2010 season:

- Aaron Rodgers lights up the stat book 40+ tds and wins MVP
- The Raiders finish at .500
- The Steelers fail to make the playoffs for a 2nd consecutive year.
- McNabb leads the skins to victory against philly in both meetings.
- Brett Favre decides to hang it up, leading the vikes to a wild card.
- Colt McCoy starts an NFL game before both Jimmy Clausen and Tim Tebow
- Sean Weatherspoon wins Defensive ROY
- Demaryious Thomas wins Off. ROY
- The Ravens and Packers make the super bowl.
- Matt Leinart leads the Cards to a 3rd straight div. title
- The Saints suffer "massive hangover", finish 2nd in division(wild card) to Atlanta.
- Even with all the talk about the Jets being the team to beat in the AFC east, they still finish 2nd, this time behind Miami.
- Patriots fail to make the playoffs for a 2nd time in 3 yrs.
I think I like you.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some bold predictions for this years draft class...

Here are some bold future predictions on how this years draft class could end up:

- McCoy and Suh become the most dominate DT's in the NFL
- Tim Tebow becomes the most successful QB that was drafted
- CJ Spillers fails to live up to the hype in Buffalo.
- Demaryious Thomas becomes more of an impact player than Dez Bryant
- Okung becomes a consistant pro bowl left tackle, while Trent Williams busts.
- Kyle Wilson ends up as the best cb in this draft
Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here are some bold future predictions on how this years draft class could end up:

Not very bold if I may say so myself.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Not very bold if I may say so myself.
There bold because 1) Okung was taken after trent williams, showing the skins made a terrible decision.

2) kyle wilson was the 4th CB taken in the draft.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see all of those realistically happening, but I doubt the Tebow and Dez predictions.

I just don't see Tebow becoming the best QB from this class. It could happen by default if he becomes solid and Bradford/Clausen don't do anything along with nobody else from the class emerging, but I doubt that happening. If Bradford stays healthy and gets some weapons around him he will be a franchise QB, and I see Clausen doing well in Carolina.

I like D. Thomas will be a solid receiver, but Dez is an elite talent in a perfect situation. If he stays healthy and out of trouble he could develop into an elite receiver.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
There bold because 1) Okung was taken after trent williams, showing the skins made a terrible decision.

2) kyle wilson was the 4th CB taken in the draft.
Both were nearly unanimously rated in the top 2 for their position by many draft minds.

I had Okung over Williams and Wilson not very far behind Haden.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
OaklandRaider56
Rookie

OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.

Trent Williams is going to bust.

I'm very sure of it.
OaklandRaider56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My bold prediction: People will continue to misuse the word dominate when they're trying to say dominant. It will happen.

Another one...Brandon Graham will have over 50 sacks after his first five years.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandRaider56 View Post
Trent Williams is going to bust.

I'm very sure of it.
Trent Williams will be the best OT in the draft.

I'm very sure of it.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some prediction of varying boldness:

- Nate Allen is going to be a beast for the Eagles
- CJ Spiller is not going to be anywhere close to the most productive running back this year and Montario Hardesty is going to be a beast
- However good the 2 2nd round picks for the Chiefs might be, they are going to look back and regret having picked them with a lot of starters available at those picks
- The rookie QB class isn't going to do much of anything this year and probably will not win 5 games combined this season
- Joe Haden and Eric Wright are going to remind people of Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnefield
- Joe McKnight is not going to be as good as Leon Washington
- Devin McCourty will block a kick this year
- Frank Gore is going to have a career year because of Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-I could see that happening. They were both top 3 overall prospects on almost all boards.
- Tebow is a bold prediction, fair enough.
-I agree on Spiller failing to live up to the hype, but do you think he will just be an okay player and/or do you think that he will be better player on another team later in his career?
-Thomas>Bryant is a bold call as long as you believe that Dez isn't going to screw up his career. I dont think that Dez could fail because of talent.
-Okung>Trent Williams is something that a lot of people agree on.
-That is a good one. People had a ton of opinions on the ranking of CBs but normally had Haden as #1. With Kyle Wilson on the Jets with a good pass rush, I could easily see him with the most successful career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
OaklandRaider56
Rookie

OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.OaklandRaider56 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Trent Williams will be the best OT in the draft.

I'm very sure of it.
Touche. But really the guys overrated and shouldn't have even been a first round pick. There's nothing impressive about his game other than his natural athleticism, he'll end up being a guard.
OaklandRaider56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- McCoy and Suh become the most dominate DT's in the NFL Suh will be a great player but probably will not be as productive and game changing as he was in college, we will see. Most dominate DT's in the game? Well if that is the case it is only because there are not many other good DTs around, Kevin Williams is aging and Seymour is past his prime, same with Kris Jenkins clearly

- Tim Tebow becomes the most successful QB that was draftedNot saying much, it was a pretty weak QB class, next years is much better potentially

- CJ Spillers fails to live up to the hype in Buffalo.Maybe but with how he can catch the football and make plays in a number of ways, I doubt it, he is far better than Lynch ever could be

- Demaryious Thomas becomes more of an impact player than Dez BryantReally doubt that, Bryant has a ton of help around him which will free him up greatly, Thomas has none of that, no way Thomas is more productive than Dez Bryant next year. Thomas is too raw, big and athletic but still raw, Dez is more polished overall I feel

- Okung becomes a consistant pro bowl left tackle, while Trent Williams busts.I can buy that, at times I hated Trent Williams, sure he is athletic but on the field he does not dominate at all, he can move of course but no way he is a Ryan Clady type talent, just is not nasty and powerful enough

- Kyle Wilson ends up as the best cb in this draftAgain not saying much because it was a deep class of corners but no stars, again wait till next year to get the star power at cornerback
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see all those happening, which is why alot of them probably won't. Something absolutely batshit always happens.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandRaider56 View Post
Touche. But really the guys overrated and shouldn't have even been a first round pick. There's nothing impressive about his game other than his natural athleticism, he'll end up being a guard.
Well apart from being the best natural athlete at OT in the draft, he has great power to along with exceptional balance. He makes pass-pro look effortless at times. He is a natural knee bender with a strong punch. He gets great drive in the run game and shows flashes of nastiness. Combine all that with Washington being a perfect situation for him and I believe he has the ability to be a great LT.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two things:
How can the Saints have a "massive" hangover and still finish 2nd? Wouldn't massive be like 4th?

And I don't see how anyone but Spoon doesn't win ROY unless some DE puts up Kearse-like rookie year numbers.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens show they just look dominant on paper. The Bengals repeat as AFC North champions.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Norwood starts and has 70 tackles and 5 sacks.
A rookie will lead a conference in rushing.
3 rookies to the Pro Bowl.
Tebow will do a jump throw for a TD and rush for 3 TD's.

Thats for this upcoming year.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
And I don't see how anyone but Spoon doesn't win ROY unless some DE puts up Kearse-like rookie year numbers.

I hope.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Some prediction of varying boldness:

- Devin McCourty will block a kick this year
- Frank Gore is going to have a career year because of Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati
I agree with both of these.

I really like Gore's potential for this coming season.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
- However good the 2 2nd round picks for the Chiefs might be, they are going to look back and regret having picked them with a lot of starters available at those picks
Unless you draft a Peyton Manning you can say that about any team in any round every year.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Want a bold prediction? Jon Dwyer is the best RB in this class. Don't let Thumper see this. :D
Old 05-04-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if this will be a "Bold" prediction, but I'll give some guesses:

Ben Tate will run for over 1,000 yds.

Jordan Shipley will catch at least 4 TD's.

Sergio Kindle will have over 5 sacks.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 05-04-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote